PDA

View Full Version : EK Civic, which would be better

Fro-Daddy
27-03-2005, 04:29 PM
ok guys n gals, im in the market for a new car (EK prolly), i have had a look at a few, one caught my eye, a white 1996 model hatch. what is the going rate for these in stock form? which engine/model should i look for? any help is greatly appreciated...thanx

barefootbonzai
27-03-2005, 05:47 PM
If you really want to know what a honda civic is all about, you're after a VTiR which has a B16A in it. Just check carsales or something similar for the latest prices.

Fro-Daddy
27-03-2005, 06:24 PM
whats all this ek1, ek4 and ek9 stuff? are they just the models like gli, vtir etc? what year does the ek start and finish? i think its 96-00

Vivski
27-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Have a look at...
http://www.redbook.com.au/vehiclesearch/default.asp

Should have the answer to most of your questions.

Perry
27-03-2005, 10:43 PM
ek1= cxi. gli, non face lift 96-98, face left version came in cxi,gli 99-00
ek4= vtir which is 96-98 non face left
ek9= ctr= civic type R,

|N|
27-03-2005, 10:45 PM
and EM1 .. the vtir coupe
oh and EJ

BLKek
28-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey Fro,

Yeah the VTiR is the $hit (well AUD anyways), thing is they can be a little pricey even with high klms, what's your budget dude?

Had a look around private sales, seems there's not to many around our area. Don't discount the single cammer, it goes alright :) .

I'd take you for a run in mine but auto :o , LOL...

But yeah, keep an eye out you may be able to snag a bargain.

J-MuN
29-03-2005, 02:27 AM
are u after the power of the civic or the looks?.. depending on your budget too bud... obviously the VTi-R's are more expensive than the GLi's and CXi's but u are paying for the engine... trust me, its worth it ;)

Fro-Daddy
29-03-2005, 06:47 AM
im after both, mainly i want a cruise but also with a bit of get up n go, which really can only be offered in the vti-r...went for a drive in a gli the other day, didnt seem to quick...

chris, would love to check out your car to see exactly what i woud be getting (except for the auto bit)

is the engine the only difference? or are the more luxuries in the vti-r?

BLKek
29-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I think the VTiR has different spec interior to the GLi CXi etc, also came factory alloys I believe, but as mentioned the $$'s are in the motor, other than that sitting in the drivers seat it looks and feels mostly the same until you start driving LOL.

My single cammer auto is enough to hold off my GF's sisters supercharged Calais, which was quite funny, but that was over around 100m and she got a really crappy start off the line, I'm sure given longer distance it would have chewed me up and spat me out but meh, it also eats accents for breaky haha...

As far as I can tell, the VTIR has slightly better spec interior than the Gli, and has the better motor, hence they hold the value extremly well. I was looking for one but only found the coupe variants and I don't much care for the coupe shape.

BLKek
29-03-2005, 12:12 PM
HELLO:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2192917&current_rec=9&total_rec=13&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=74&keyword=VTIR&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

Fro-Daddy
29-03-2005, 03:57 PM
whoa that looks nice as! why is there only one dirty green one in brisbane :(

ek
30-03-2005, 11:18 AM
My single cammer auto is enough to hold off my GF's sisters supercharged Calais, which was quite funny, but that was over around 100m and she got a really crappy start off the line, I'm sure given longer distance it would have chewed me up and spat me out but meh, it also eats accents for breaky haha...

Means your GF's sister cant drive :)

Fro-Daddy
30-03-2005, 04:04 PM
chris, i msged that fella with the red civic, he sold it 10min before i msged him haha!

BLKek
30-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Means your GF's sister cant drive :)

Hardly, she can throw that lump o' metal around, besides it was he husband driving it :p ...

Fro - got to be quick, I thought there was somehting strange witht eh camber the wheels were on for that car anyways, looks good but. There'll be more..