PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about getting Acura parts

ilic
18-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey all, I've been reading the forums lately but just registered now. This forum has been a big help with the problems i've been having with my 07 Euro. The Honda dealer was pretty much useless but thanks to the forum i know the part number i need!

Anyway, my wife swiped the passenger side mirror the other day and cracked the glass. Honda want $61 for the mirror (just the glass piece not the whole side mirror). There's a few eBay sellers offering the mirrros at around $30 including post but they US or UK based. So, if i'm ordering an Acura part, will it be the left or right side mirror i need? I'm guessing it'll be a drivers side mirror to suit my passenger side?

sorry, not sure if that's a dumb question or not?!

lolmclol
18-06-2013, 11:48 AM
If I remember correctly the parts are normally labeled as such "FR, FL, RR, RL", so if you needed just the glass piece you would be ordering the FL as you need the one to actually fit the passenger side mirror.

Could be wrong, but that's just how I'd look at it.

ChaosMaster
18-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the mirrors actual dimensions are symmetrical, meaning it shouldn't matter if it's left or right. The only thing is I think our passenger one is convex where as the driver's one isn't. Would be opposite for the US. If you don't like convex or if you prefer it, then it shouldn't be an issue.

ilic
18-06-2013, 03:35 PM
thanks guys, i figure the Acura Drivers side will be the equivalent of our passenger side. But if its just a convex/flat thing then i'm not really fussed either way

Fredoops
18-06-2013, 11:28 PM
get UK based if you had to, they are RHD.