PDA

View Full Version : How to maintain the INJEN CAI for FN2

davidjordan
18-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Took me quite a while to remove the bumper and install the whole kit.dun no how to make it easier when I do the next maintenance,if i hav to detach the whole thing!!such a nightmare:(

jprak
18-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Guess its the only way to get to the pod filter.

if its such a nightmare why not go for short ram.

least its in the engine bay

lolmclol
18-06-2013, 01:40 PM
15. How often you need to clean your filter will depend on the air and road conditions in your area. Most filters require cleaning before the dirt build up gets as thick as the wire mesh. The usual interval is 30,000 - 40,000 miles depending on driving conditions. We recommend that you check your filter about once a year in normal usage and once every six months if you are located in a dirty environment. If you are running with a cold air intake we recommend checking the filter every 10,000 vê 15,000. Using a Hydro-Shield will reduce service intervals.

16. We highly recommend that you only use Injen Technology oil and cleaner. Injen Technology air filter is a specific mineral oil blended with special polymers to form a very efficient tack barrier. Standard petroleum products such as transmission fluid and motor oil will soften and destroy the filter bonding agents and sealed edges. Injen cleaner is a non-detergent degreaser. Solvents, gasoline and various house hold chemicals will harden the rubber seals causing the filter to distort and may affect the ability of cotton fibers to function properly. A mild detergent can be used in an emergency situation, but care should be taken to fully rinse and remove the soap. Removing soap from the filter can be extremely difficult or time consuming. Always ensure the filter is completely dry before re-oiling.

17. No, this can blow holes directly through the filter material and ruin the filter. Choose a warm sunny day if possible to clean the filter and let it dry naturally.

18. No, this could damage the filter base or top and tear holes in the cotton gauze. (see filter cleaning instructions provided with every kit or cleaning instructions on this web site).

http://injen.com/docs/injen/content.asp?ct=faq_landing#fifteen

ea nanofiber filter cleaning procedure
Removing the filter from the housing

1. Ea filters should be cleaned every year or 25.000 miles, whichever comes first. Carefully remove the filter from the housing.
Cleaning the housing with a shop towel

2. Clean the housing with a shop towel being careful not to knock contaminants into the air intel.
Larger debris cleaning

3. Gently tap the top of the filter with your hand to further loosen larger debris from the filter element.
Cleaning the filter with vacuuming

4. Filters can be cleaned by carefully vacuuming the filter media on the dirty side.
Cleaning procedure the filter using an air compressor

5. Alternative Cleaning procedure using an air compressor: Set teh in-line air pressure to between 15 and 20 psi.
Low-pressure shop air cleaning

6. Holding the filter with one hand, carefully blow the filter media at a 45 degree angle on the clean side using the low-pressure shop air.

http://www.carid.com/images/injen/info/injen-ea-nanofiber-dry-air-filter-cleaning.html

Had you chosen to actually read the instructions provided with the installation the product, you would know the answers to these questions.

curtis265
20-06-2013, 03:04 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lolmclol again.

davidjordan
28-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Sry,went back to jap for one week.didnt drop off the forum.the reason i chose injen CAI is pretty pathetic.Can't get other intake on eBay au,only kn Apollo and injen, and gruppm is ridiculously expensive in here.cant get in
Autobarn,repco,supercheap autoshops in Melbourne as well.the auto part in OZ in unbelievable lacking.dun no other way to import or purchase on internet,ask some other workshop,will take quite a while to import and offering ripp-off price.I just went back and bring back 20kg small mod gadget and parts such as filter,gear knob and air-box for my friends and myself.

davidjordan
28-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Thx anyway.its really pain in the ass to modify a car in Australia,maybe because I'm just new to here.the only way to maintain the filter is to remove the bumper as far as I find out.

Super-DA9
28-06-2013, 08:24 AM
It wouldn't make a difference if you and the car were in Japan or Australia, fitting and removing a CAI is the same..

Didn't you say you owned AutoVogue? Thought this stuff would be a walk in the park for such a qualified workshop?

Sometimes you can get to the filter by removing the splash guard and going in from underneath. Detach the filter with a ratchet/screwdriver and clean it outside the car.

lolmclol
28-06-2013, 09:07 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Super-DA9 again.

davidjordan
28-06-2013, 11:03 AM
It wouldn't make a difference if you and the car were in Japan or Australia, fitting and removing a CAI is the same..

Didn't you say you owned AutoVogue? Thought this stuff would be a walk in the park for such a qualified workshop?

Sometimes you can get to the filter by removing the splash guard and going in from underneath. Detach the filter with a ratchet/screwdriver and clean it outside the car.

That's not wat I meant.i mean its hard to get a appropriate intake for fn2 in here.thats why i chose injen cold air intake.otherwise will go for gruppm.my shop is back in jap,even that,i still hav to order parts from factory or my importer,take 1 business day to post,but it cost shit load of money to airpost some auto parts to here,cause its heavy.shipping is much cheaper but take normally 3 months.lacking of auto parts in local market is the problem.

davidjordan
28-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Super da9?whats that?

Super-DA9
28-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Super da9?whats that?

Me.. lol