PDA

View Full Version : Ok now... Low Boost but high hp.....show me wat u know

huytek
27-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Well as the title suggested...
Im lookin for anyone out there who is running low boost...say 8psi and downwards but is producing a high amount of hp than is expected.

Like wat other parts did you add or is it ur tuning?

Really im just wondering what the best setup around is as im trying to improve my performance power (for drag) without anymore boosting.

Im currently running a stage 1 AVO kit @ 6psi with full exhaust, lightened fly with king springs, aftermarket rear sway and quife lsd (for my racing spririt within =])...

Wat are YOUR setups out there fellow forced induction friends :wave:

joyride
28-03-2005, 09:33 AM
whats in a stage 1 AVO kit? and you've got a b16a2 or d16y8? what engie mods have you done? what computer? is your 6 pounds for daily driving?

the easiest way to produce more power is to buy a boost controller and wind up more boost..

Weq
28-03-2005, 12:28 PM
my guess is a d16y8!

huytek
30-03-2005, 02:40 AM
yea its a d16y8

SiR JDM
30-03-2005, 02:47 AM
the easiest way to produce more power is to buy a boost controller and wind up more boost..

Really im just wondering what the best setup around is as im trying to improve my performance power (for drag) without anymore boosting.

9krpm
30-03-2005, 10:17 AM
use a larger/more efficient intercooler and a larger turbo with 8psi of efficiency
for the same amount of boost you will get heaps more power.....if the engine can handle that ;)

civex98
30-03-2005, 10:41 AM
what sort of power are you getting and what sort of power did you expect?
getting rid of the link ecu piggyback and putting in a proper standalone ecu
and getting that tuned properly might net you a bit more gain.
a lot depends on how you tune it...for reliability/fuel economy & safety, obviously you will get a lower power figure, but if you're just chasing power, then wind up the boost and tune it to the limit....but don't be upset if ur engine goes bang :p

10KRPM
02-04-2005, 09:03 AM
get new cams
cam gears
higher compression

And yes running a bigger turbo at the same boost level will give you more power but the responsivness of it will be less then the smaller turbo...eg it will boost up to 8psi slower then before.... You could fix that by fitting the bigger turbo with a smaller housing so that you have better response and the better topend.... Soo many options.

10KRPM
02-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Also if your going to be dragging the car then 8psi is not really a whole lot. Thats more like the boost level of a street car.

And you didnt mention if you had a intercooler or not?

huytek
02-04-2005, 11:07 AM
yup i hav an intercooler

thanx for the responses guys

franki
13-04-2005, 08:30 AM
toughen up ur internals so it wont have problems with higher boost levels then get a boost controller and wind her up man? dont go to high cos itl detonate. :honda: