PDA

View Full Version : Injen Install

amant02
20-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Hi Guys,

Today i did my own Injen install.

I have 2 parts still left lol.

1 which i know where it goes and what it does, the rubber with bolts to keep it sturdy next to the hole where the pipe goes through.

Other i have no idea what to do with, its the white long thin plastic thing.

Also my vtec dont sound good no more either. Before i had a just a pod attached to the stock intake arm and vtec had a proper grunt/aggro crossover to it.

Since the install... I can barely hear the crossover some times. Some times it has the grunt to the cross over. Also is the air temp sensor seems to be loose even using that red rubber so i had to use some double sided tape to make it stay.

Please help me fix. I feel like i have just flushed $400 down the drain lol.

DreadAngel
20-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Placebo effect...

Daveho1
20-06-2013, 06:04 AM
sorry pal but if you cant work out how to install an injen mount it may be worth looking into a vasectomy for the good of humanity.

second, vtec isn't meant to be a brutal cross over it should be a smooth transition for consistent power delivery... if sound is what concerns you then because you moved your filter further away into a stream of cold air, the sound may not be as noticeable (in the cabin) compared to a pod filter strapped to the stock intake arm.

thirdly although you can get small gains from Intake and exhaust on small displacement N/A engines, these are supporting mods and power is gained from engine work and tuning.

DreadAngel
20-06-2013, 06:34 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Daveho1 again.

Mother....

curtis265
20-06-2013, 10:36 AM
sorry pal but if you cant work out how to install an injen mount it may be worth looking into a vasectomy for the good of humanity.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

made me lol irl

lolmclol
20-06-2013, 10:41 AM

second, vtec isn't meant to be a brutal cross over it should be a smooth transition for consistent power delivery... if sound is what concerns you then because you moved your filter further away into a stream of cold air, the sound may not be as noticeable (in the cabin) compared to a pod filter strapped to the stock intake arm.

thirdly although you can get small gains from Intake and exhaust on small displacement N/A engines, these are supporting mods and power is gained from engine work and tuning.

+1,000 internets to you sir!

carayan
20-06-2013, 12:04 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/costanza-clapping.gif

eLtrix
20-06-2013, 12:33 PM
fkn ouch.

RenzokukenJ
20-06-2013, 12:37 PM

fuk yes

amant02
20-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the help ozhonda, only reason i asked cos the diagram given in the box didn't match my car. After more investigation it turns out my car dsnt need that nipple that's left over
Of course i agree the switch to high cam should be smooth. I believe didn't explain my problem properly myself nor describe my issue properly. The rubber included in the box didn't snug fit the temp sensor. Quick trip to Clark rubber fixed the issue.

Problem solved, lesson learn't ozhonda is some where you should not post asking for help.

curtis265
20-06-2013, 12:54 PM
if you don't explain or ask properly how do you expect a proper answer?

RenzokukenJ
20-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Ask a silly question get a silly answer

lolmclol
20-06-2013, 01:16 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?175864-How-to-maintain-the-INJEN-CAI-for-FN2

dis thread worse

carayan
20-06-2013, 02:06 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?175864-How-to-maintain-the-INJEN-CAI-for-FN2

dis thread worse

macca_h8_jordan

dougie_504
21-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Stop spamming guys.

OP, pics of the random white part?