PDA

View Full Version : Accent Lighting in 2013 hatch

Fezlington
20-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Greetings All

I have recently picked up my new 13 Civic Hatch Vti-LN and had the accent lighting in the foot well installed as one of my options

I also have this in my 12mdl Accord Euro

When entering the Accord, accent lights come on and then dim when the car is started

This is not the case in the new Civic Hatch..... Accent lights remain on unless I turn the light switch to the off position and run the DRLs

Has anyone else had this installed as a option on their hatch..... And does yours stay on as we'll?

lolmclol
21-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Sounds like something is wrong, take it back to where it was done.

stevo1210
21-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Greetings All

I have recently picked up my new 13 Civic Hatch Vti-LN and had the accent lighting in the foot well installed as one of my options

I also have this in my 12mdl Accord Euro

When entering the Accord, accent lights come on and then dim when the car is started

This is not the case in the new Civic Hatch..... Accent lights remain on unless I turn the light switch to the off position and run the DRLs

Has anyone else had this installed as a option on their hatch..... And does yours stay on as we'll?

I have the 2010 Civic but its a similar system. My lights come on when I switch my headlights on and they turn off when I turn the headlights off. In your case it would be normal as you need to turn the headlights off into drl mode which turns the accent lights off.

Grayfox
23-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Can you take a picture of your internal fusebox?

I just installed some footwell lights in my FK2(2010 hatch) and i wired them up to the headlights.

If the internal fusebox is similar it could share the same wiring diagrams.

By the sounds of it, they wired it up to the sidelights option connector(not sure if the new hatch has this connector).

Fezlington
16-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Sure Greyfox

Pm me a email add and I will pic it on the weekend and send

Btw, spoke to honda Australia.... It's been wired correctly

Took a while but you get used to it...... And it does look awesome at night