PDA

View Full Version : DC2R not starting!!! :( Help appreciated

mr-pham
22-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey guys, so the other morning I went to start my car but it wouldnt start. It cranks but wont turn over.

I've checked the ignition, I got spark, dizzy is fine im pretty sure, batteries good.

The fuel pump however is not priming, put key to ignition on and cant hear any priming. I disconnected the fuel line after the fuel filter to see. It does pump fuel but just one small pulse of fuel. Hardly enough to provide fuel for the engine.

Ive replaced the fuel pump, did not help. Checked fuses all good, using a multi meter there is 12 volts at the fuel pump fuse, tried my Main relay in my mates car and it started fine.

I measured the connector into the fuel pump and its getting no voltage, same for the fuel pump wire that goes into the main relay.

Im really stumped, it does seem that the fuel pump wire from the main relay has been tampered with as it is duck taped (peeled it off connection seems fine), maybe to do with my Hondata s300 P28 ecu. Im thinking its something to do with hondata but my experience with it is very little.

Does anyone know if hondata s300 could cause any issues with the fuel system. Any auto electricians who are free to come by and have a look. Willing to pay money! I'm desperate as i need the car by monday to get to work :(

Would be grateful for any advice! thanks!

dorikin
22-06-2013, 05:27 PM
try stock ECU

mr-pham
22-06-2013, 05:32 PM
safe to run car on stock ecu? after its been tuned? with internal work

mr-pham
22-06-2013, 06:53 PM
try stock ECU

thanks man!! repped! it started and ran. So now how do i find out whats wrong with the ecu. Would it be the p28 or s300. Will check to make sure the conversion harness is all in tact tomorrow.

dorikin
22-06-2013, 07:37 PM
most likely the P28, open up and check all capacitors

VTI-RRR
23-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Could be as simple as a fuse thats what happened to mine
Is the fule pump priming now since you changed it?

cbauto
24-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Could be as simple as a fuse thats what happened to mine
Is the fule pump priming now since you changed it?

I sometimes make the same mistake you did.

Super-DA9
24-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I've got a friend having this exact issue. It seems there are a few bad P28's around.

Before the starting issue there was another problem where VTEC stopped engaging with the P28 but still worked with the factory unit. We checked everything from the wiring to the solenoid resistance and it all checked out fine. One day it just started working again.

Now he has this issue haha.

Definitely keep us posted if you get it fixed!

ECU-MAN
24-06-2013, 11:41 AM
if your engine light stayed on all the time then its either the ECU or the S300 unit. However it sounds like the ECU, I can repair this for you.

mr-pham
25-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks but yeah Definately not a fuse. Measured and checked every single fuse.

Welll I'm bringing it by revzone today for them to check it out. I emailed hondata and yeah they told me its most likely the p28 ecu that's played up. Hopefully the actual hondata unit is okay. Will keep you guys updated

mr-pham
25-06-2013, 10:10 AM
if your engine light stayed on all the time then its either the ECU or the S300 unit. However it sounds like the ECU, I can repair this for you.

Thanks for the offer man but yeah already told revzone I'm bringing it in. If anything ill contact you

ECU-MAN
25-06-2013, 10:44 AM
no probs, good luck with it.