PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - J's Racing 70RS Dual Ti Exhaust

Fireshrine
22-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi fellow S2Kers! I just moved back to Perth after a 6 years stint up in Singapore. I am about to import my AP2 over (PIS scheme) but I have a dilemma about the J's Exhaust currently fitted and its the only after market part I have installed. Many of my mates are saying I might run into compliance issues and problems with the cops because of the sound (loud)

Any Perth S2k owner with the same exhaust encountered issues on the roads? I really love the sound of the exhaust but if its gonna make my life easier I will switch back to stock.

Thanks

DreadAngel
23-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Well for SEVS compliance, its stipulated to be stock condition however many compliance shops run the gauntlet by just sending in the paperwork stating its done. IF the inspectors aren't sent out then they're ok, however if inspector comes to see the car, its game over.

I do not know IF this is going to be an issue for PI cars however as compliance regulations are much more relaxed?

J-Spec23
24-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Get it replaced by a stock one
Js racing is way too loud for compliance as they test drive the car and do a decibel check
So yeah do it to be safe and not waste anytime.

curtis265
24-06-2013, 01:06 PM
+1 go back to stock for the compliance

then mod the sh it out of it later