PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Are Modulo Suspension any good?

reiimondo
22-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi,

The mechanic said the car is sagging abit to one corner because of the suspension or something (I forgot what he said exactly) but still drivable. I don't really know much about suspensions, but I thought it might be a good excuse to lower.

I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to replace, but I'm assuming I need to replace the suspension if I want a drop or do I just replace something else?

So I'm looking at the Modulo Suspension because its OEM and I just want a modest drop. But there isn't much info on it, so I was just wondering are these coil overs and how it compares to other after market suspensions.

I'm pretty lost with this so any suggestions and advice will be awesome!
Thanks

ChaosMaster
23-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Modulo made suspension? That's news to me. Most people recommend full coilover kits or buying springs and shocks. They are 2 options. Coilovers are adjustable over time. Tein and BC are popular here, as their cheap, or one of the cheaper ones.

reiimondo
23-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Opps, I forgot to link this:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?116317-CU2-Modulo-Sports-Suspension

There's not much response on it in the thread and was from quite awhile ago, so just seeing if there's any recent feedback.

It's listed as $1.5k as on jdmconcept, how does this compare in price to a tein and BC that would provide a similar ride comfort to oem suspension?

08r3308
23-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Modulo will lower by 20mm

mrgu
23-06-2013, 04:57 PM
bloddy dare,,and get some Tein

Fredoops
24-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Modulo/A-spec are just a spring shock combo.

get a proper set of coils at that price.

reiimondo
24-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Modulo/A-spec are just a spring shock combo.

Ahh okay, just abit lazy to research what type of springs and shock so thought it'll just be easier to go OEM.

Just another thing, I might or might not be planning to change my wheels in the future to 18s or maybe 19s. Would it be better/easier to get the lowering done first or wheels? (I remember reading a thread on it but cant find it again)

Fredoops
24-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Ahh okay, just abit lazy to research what type of springs and shock so thought it'll just be easier to go OEM.

Just another thing, I might or might not be planning to change my wheels in the future to 18s or maybe 19s. Would it be better/easier to get the lowering done first or wheels? (I remember reading a thread on it but cant find it again)
just adjustable coils and do them together at teh same time

reiimondo
25-06-2013, 01:53 AM
just adjustable coils and do them together at teh same time

How come its better to do it together, are there adjustments required if I put a different set of wheels?

DreadAngel
25-06-2013, 05:51 AM
That is correct, when doing suspension and/or wheel changes, you need to do wheel alignment etc.

Do it in one hit better