PDA

View Full Version : cluster lights not functioning

MYEK9
24-06-2013, 07:00 PM
when turning the headlights on , they work as normal but the cluster on the inside of the car does not light up , and fog lights have stopped working, even though the button for the fog lights is on... anyone help please,

THE 2BSEEN
25-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey Champ

Is the cluster light setting rolled down to dim? try rolling it up to high?

Next would be to check fuses and then globes.

If you've had a few globes blow at once you might want to work out why and maybe start looking through loom and maybe for water leaks.

Remember theses are just ideas, Pm me if you have questions

curtis265
25-06-2013, 09:10 AM
i suspect a few blown bulbs

ECU-MAN
25-06-2013, 09:43 PM
unlikely every bulb in the cluster has failed but possible, another possible cause could be the dimmer switch unplugged or faulty.

the dimmer switch also controls the other interior lamps in the AC Controls and ashtray lighting, so if they all do not work then look at the dimmer circuit.

MYEK9
26-06-2013, 08:47 PM
unlikely every bulb in the cluster has failed but possible, another possible cause could be the dimmer switch unplugged or faulty.

the dimmer switch also controls the other interior lamps in the AC Controls and ashtray lighting, so if they all do not work then look at the dimmer circuit.

Hey guys, do ek9 have dimmer switches? Ive checked fuses and its defiently not that, im suspecting a short.

when i click from (none - parker lights ) = nothing works ( still no dash lights)
(in between none to parker lights)= dash lights show, parker lights show
( parker lights - headlights = headlights show ( still no dash lights)

pretty hard to explain guys, please help me .

ECU-MAN
26-06-2013, 09:29 PM
faulty switch then.

MYEK9
26-06-2013, 11:44 PM
faulty switch then.

hmm, by switch what do you mean as in indicator switch (where you flick your lights and stuff)

are they the same on all models? $$ are they

THE 2BSEEN
27-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Faulty dimmer switch I think he means mate.

The switch you roll to adjust the brightness of your dash.

Shouldn't cost too much at all.

ECU-MAN should be able to help you but you could pull it out and test it with a voltmeter to see if it is stuffed or borrow one to test

Pm him might be better

ECU-MAN
27-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I actually ment the indicator stalk assuming I understood the problem correctly.. flick switch from off to parkers and nothing happens however if you put the switch between off and parkers it, parkers and dash illuminate. Then that would be the indicator stalk. I do not see why the EK9 and any other EK would have a different indicator stalk.

THE 2BSEEN
27-06-2013, 12:07 PM
my bad sorry big rig

MYEK9
27-06-2013, 05:56 PM
yeah I mean the right indicator stalk ,

ECU-MAN
27-06-2013, 08:31 PM
the thing on the left is not the indicator so it cant be that.

MYEK9
27-06-2013, 10:21 PM
ended up being the actual right indicator barrel, was faulty tried steeve93 ek4 one and worked beautiful ! he helped me heaps!

ECU-MAN
27-06-2013, 11:38 PM
that is called the indicator stalk.