PDA

View Full Version : HID Headlights in Euro Standard

ikebin
28-03-2005, 11:31 AM
I was just wondering where I can get HID headlights for my Euro Std and how much it's gonna set me back. I'm gonna try to get oem 1's but i doubt they'll (Honda) will sell them. Thanks

euro77
28-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda won't sell you the OEM HID (from Luxury) for your standard euro. Reason is you need to have the headlight washer and the automatic headlight leveler for your HID to comply to ADR rule. If you fit HID without these 2 things, your car is not roadworthy. Of course you might not get caught and defected until you sell the car.

as001
28-03-2005, 05:49 PM
all you need is a h1 HID conversion kit (check the low beam globe fit) theres a few places in sydney that do it (not sure where your based) but with kit (around $500 + installation unless your a handy man you can do it yourself)

|N|
28-03-2005, 05:50 PM
they ll do it for u properly... but u ll be lookin at around 4000 from honda

EuroAccord13
28-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Not worth the money to do from Honda considering when it's time to sell the car, it's still a Standard...

Do an aftermarket one and hope the cops don't realise it LOL! :D

Vtec_inside
28-03-2005, 09:30 PM
ya i agree with Euroaccord13 the aftermarket kit is good enough, even if u get defected, can return to original easily. if u are goin aftermarket get a 6000k or 6500k kit for the euro. Cause 8000k is to blue, cop pull u over for sure. If u want a set i can get for u called AURA HID for 650 with 1 year warranty.

ikebin
28-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Euro77, I thought the Euro std had a auto leveler coz there is no manually adjustable switch? Otherwise, all I need is a headlight washer. I've hunted down an OEM kit for the Acura TSX which I'm guessing should work on my car. Now I'll need to find somebody that can do this in Syd and find out what a headlight washer is! Thanks Everybody!

as001
28-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Euro77, I thought the Euro std had a auto leveler coz there is no manually adjustable switch? Otherwise, all I need is a headlight washer. I've hunted down an OEM kit for the Acura TSX which I'm guessing should work on my car. Now I'll need to find somebody that can do this in Syd and find out what a headlight washer is! Thanks Everybody!

i know bd4's can do it, they uses a catz kit priced installed around a little over a 1000 and mrt do it for around 1700 i never followed through couldnt justify the cash, i reckon u should be able to get away without having the head light washers just stick along with between 4000k - 6000k to avoid coppers harrassing u

euro77
29-03-2005, 08:30 AM

I've been told by my dealer the standard doesn't have it.

baboo
29-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, if you are worry about getting it defected just buy 2 headlight washer cover and stick them onto the bumper! I doubt the police will physically check if the washer works or not.

as001
29-03-2005, 11:33 AM
for sure its gonna be a total pain in the ass to copy a oem lux setup plus it will cost a fortune, plus im really suprised that lux model doesnt have a eletronic leveler as i thought adr regs were more concerned about hid setups dazzling on coming drivers then making sure the head light clusters are clean!?! correct me if im wrong as i dont see the logic behind the complusory washers for hid lights

bigdongers
29-03-2005, 12:19 PM
correct me if im wrong as i dont see the logic behind the complusory washers for hid lights

me neither.... dont regular headlights get just as dirty as HIDs? :D

evolution42
29-03-2005, 01:19 PM
plus im really suprised that lux model doesnt have a eletronic leveler as i thought adr regs were more concerned about hid setups dazzling on coming drivers then making sure the head light clusters are clean!?!

the luxury model does have an automatic electronic levelling system for the xenon HID headlights

as001
29-03-2005, 03:01 PM
the luxury model does have an automatic electronic levelling system for the xenon HID headlights

thanks for the correction i was thinking of the manual switching my bad

kanthan
31-03-2005, 03:21 PM
is there anyway to tell the difference between the HID on a lux model and the normal headlights on the standard? my cousin has a standard version which has the identical headlights to what i have (luxury). he was one of the first to buy the euro when it came out and luxury was still about 4months away....i am thinking maybe they intially released them here and then decided to only offer them on the luxury.

EuroAccord13
31-03-2005, 03:31 PM
is there anyway to tell the difference between the HID on a lux model and the normal headlights on the standard? my cousin has a standard version which has the identical headlights to what i have (luxury). he was one of the first to buy the euro when it came out and luxury was still about 4months away....i am thinking maybe they intially released them here and then decided to only offer them on the luxury.

For a start, your cousin's car won't have the headlight washers and his lights won't be as bright and white as yours....

kanthan
31-03-2005, 03:46 PM
thats true. but for the actual lights, in daylight, is there anyway to tell?

EuroAccord13
31-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Under direct sunlight.... Not really, but away from the sun but still in the day, it will be obvious that the HID fitted car will have a higher intensity over the standard ones.....

PNR888
01-04-2005, 03:41 PM
thats true. but for the actual lights, in daylight, is there anyway to tell?

The housing of the lights are exactly the same, both models have projectile low beams. so without headlights being turned on, you cant tell the difference. (I guess from the headlight washer cover below it)

pretend3r
24-12-2005, 08:45 PM
ya i agree with Euroaccord13 the aftermarket kit is good enough, even if u get defected, can return to original easily. if u are goin aftermarket get a 6000k or 6500k kit for the euro. Cause 8000k is to blue, cop pull u over for sure. If u want a set i can get for u called AURA HID for 650 with 1 year warranty.

What k rating is the oem euro light bulbs?? I know this is a noob quest, but can you use higher rating k bulbs ?

aaronng
24-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Not sure on stock. But I'm using aftermarket 4500k bulbs and they are about the same colour as the Euro standard model bulbs.

pretend3r
24-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Not sure on stock. But I'm using aftermarket 4500k bulbs and they are about the same colour as the Euro standard model bulbs.

Sorry mate, i meant the K rating for stock lux model HID bulbs? because i want to get higher k bulbs

aaronng
24-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Ahhh... For Euro's HID, it's also 4500k. But for some reason, they are whiter.

hondaaccordeuro05
05-02-2006, 08:17 PM
hey guys, will fitting a HID (conversion) on a std euro have the same effect (brightness, distance of beam, intensity of beam) as the luxury's std HID? considering its the same kelvin (temp)rating.....