PDA

View Full Version : Euro Luxury 09 3rd gear wont hit VTEC

MRCT EURO
01-07-2013, 02:18 AM
3RD GEAR NOT HITTING VTEC. PROBLEM FIX.. TURNS OUT I HAD A DEAD SPARK PLUG AND CLOGGED FUEL PUMP. FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF WITHOUT A TRIP TO THE DEALERS

WTB: SUPERCHARGE KIT! 4k CASH. MELBOURNE BENTLEIGH AREA

Contact jerry if you anything related to my interest
Email: CT201186@GMAIL.COM

ChaosMaster
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
That's odd, mine hits VTEC just fine in 3rd, having said that, 3rd in a manual is about 130km/h. I can't see why it won't do that unless it's an electronic thing. One question though, have you had your tranny fluid changed? Even though it says 120k km change, i would suggest an earlier one. Oil's the weak link. Especially if you're gunning it.

aaronng
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Does the check engine light come on?

MRCT EURO
02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
yeah well still same problem for over few weeks now.. i mean the car runs fine and everything day to day.. its only when i decide to fang it 3rd revo metre wont go over 4000 revs.. it bounces back and fourth, and theres no check engine lights or nothing. i only had the check engine light regarding oil. but ive serviced the car by now and it hasnt popped up since.. very weird problem

MRCT EURO
02-07-2013, 04:00 PM
also.. nopes i havent changed tranny oil yet.. i planned to do that this week when i change all my sparkies

aaronng
03-07-2013, 11:34 AM
yeah well still same problem for over few weeks now.. i mean the car runs fine and everything day to day.. its only when i decide to fang it 3rd revo metre wont go over 4000 revs.. it bounces back and fourth, and theres no check engine lights or nothing. i only had the check engine light regarding oil. but ive serviced the car by now and it hasnt popped up since.. very weird problem

There is no check engine light for oil. There is a low oil pressure light. Was this the light that you saw? If it is, then there might be some other issue that causes the engine to go into protect mode. The only other time that you can't go over 4000 rpm is when the engine is cold.

MRCT EURO
05-07-2013, 08:33 PM
there isnt any lights at all. i only had the check engine light for oil before i serviced the car.. no more lights now. i dont think its about whether the engine is warmed up or not because i warm up the car 5 mins everytime before i hit the road. Tried to take 3rd to vtec today and still same issue. i can feel the engine is a bit weaker now too.. standard idling has dropped below 1k rev. usually it sits just under 1k now its like 0.7 and i can feel it sort of struggling a bit, like very very light uneven idling.. come on some one help!

ChaosMaster
07-07-2013, 04:20 PM
If you're that concerned, take it to Honda. I think you're near Astoria Honda anyways. They are usually happy to diagnose for free.

MRCT EURO
07-07-2013, 06:51 PM
astoria? what the hells that.. its not whether its for free.. im just trying to get some useful opinions.. guess theres not many

ChaosMaster
08-07-2013, 11:19 PM
astoria? what the hells that.. its not whether its for free.. im just trying to get some useful opinions.. guess theres not many

Not sure if Serious. Unlike the "noob forum" where people just troll and post useless insults, the Accord and Euro forums have people who try to be helpful.
http://www.astoriahonda.com.au/
Astoria Honda is a Honda dealer located in Bentleigh, where your located. It's very difficult to answer your question as not many here would have pushed their cars to 140km/h, at least no on the roads of melbourne. Which is why I suggested you take it to a dealer as they have a specialized computer which will read the ECU for error codes.

Fredoops
09-07-2013, 09:19 AM
WTB: SUPERCHARGE KIT! 4k CASH. MELBOURNE BENTLEIGH AREA

Contact jerry if you anything related to my interest
Email: CT201186@GMAIL.COM

take that to the WTB section.

also dont expect much response when you posted in the wrong forum, this is for the Accord, not Accord Euro, not many people visit here.

but just for the sake of it, some one north qld is selling a supercharget kit with krpo tuner, 7k firm.