PDA

View Full Version : Mods For EK VTI-R CIVIC

EK VTI-R
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I've just bought a EK Honda Civic VTI-R Hatch.
Car is completely stock. I want to put some money into but I'm unsure of what type or brand systems to use. I want to upgrade the intake and exhaust so if you can share thoughts on what systems to use. also if you can shed some thoughts on other mods that would benefit the overall performance and handling of the car.
Im new to the forum so if ive posted the thread in the wrong category or not followed the correct format please let me know.
Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

mocchi
03-07-2013, 09:29 PM
turbo it and change your username to EKVTIR-T

http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/hehe.gif

dougie_504
05-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Intake - IMO just use a generic cold air induction kit, otherwise splash out on a brand name like Injen, AEM, Fujita, Comptech etc if you want to blow your $$$.
Exhaust - 2.25" custom exhaust or again get a brand name 60mm setup if you want to spend extra money. Get yourself an exhaust manifold/header. Several brands out there depending on your budget. Also get yourself a high-flow cat converter to complement the whole system.

Handling - Coilovers. Can't go passed a decent set of 8kg/6kg. Allows you to lower your ride height too. Otherwise a rear subframe brace (imperative) and a larger Integra Type R rear sway bar will really reduce your rear body roll in corners.

Search the forums for more information as this is heavily discussed info.