PDA

View Full Version : My first Honda and its a Euro

yfin
02-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Gday - I take delivery of my Arctic Blue Euro in about 10 days. Boy am I excited! I ordered it in mid November - I wanted to wait for an 04 complianced car.

I managed to get a good price on the manual base model
I thought the Arctic Blue / Graphite were the only two colour options for me. THe beige interior is a bit of a worry - I thought it might look crap after 2 or so years of wear -so i went with Blue with Black interior. Have also only seen 1 Arctic Blue on the roads of Melbourne.

The only thing I don't like about the Euro is that the 16 inch rims look small for the body size. The wheel arch gap is huge! Would lowering the car impact warranty?

By the way - insurance is pretty good on the Euro. AAMI quoted $820 (or thereabouts).

I have booked the car in for tinting - cost will be $255 which is the cheapest premium metal tint I could find in Melbourne with lifetime warranty. Will post some photos in a few weeks if people are interested.

I noticed that most Australian Euro drivers are 40+ (well at least the ones I have seen on the road). TSX owners seem to be younger from what I can gather from US based forums. I am 27. It must be the "Accord" badge - it is associated with cardigan wearers in Australia!

My guess is that Honda would have sold 10 times more Euros if they called it the Honda TSX.

A'PEXi
03-01-2004, 12:48 AM
lol there are some slightly younger mid-aged euro drivers.... the main reason i believe is its cost which doesnt attract young drivers... those who have that sort of money at a young age would most probarbly rather something like the type r, or vtir teg/civ....

the insurance seems to be a good price, best to call and check with them before you do things like lowering, exhaust, putting larger wheels on etc... minor things like tinting shouldnt be a problem.....

grats on your new buy mate. have fun :D

tofu R
03-01-2004, 02:10 AM
haha wrong mate..
there is a certain someone on this forum that has a kitted and tastefully modded cl7 here on the forum =P

ive been in it through rnp
nice nice .. =P

vti-2
03-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Welcome to Ozhonda. There are a few Euro owners on this forum and they aren't old either. :P

euro77
03-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Hey mate... I'm 26 (well.. 27 this year :( ) and I own an Euro as well :)

Your best bet is to ask your dealer first if lowering the car will void warranty or not. I personally would wait until warranty expires (3 years) before starting any modifications that will affect performance and handling.

I am somehow sure it will void warranty (although may not void the entire warranty, just warranty on suspension maybe :? ) but if you have warranty on your new suspension then why not :D The owner manual claims it can affect the proper function of the VSA

toE
03-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Welcome buddy and congrats on the buy.
You made the right choice! :)

May I ask whereabouts you got that tint quote from please??

yfin
03-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I have booked the tint at a place called tintprofessor.

They have about 10 locations in Melb. See - www.tintprofessor.com.au

The $255 is for the Premium One tint. I am tinting 2 cars so I got a $10 discount on each car - if I had one car it would be $265.

Apparently the usual price for the Premium One tint is $365 but it is on special at the moment and at "trade" prices.

Hopefully the tint will be as good as the testimonials on their website.

revolution
04-01-2004, 07:14 PM
haha wrong mate..
there is a certain someone on this forum that has a kitted and tastefully modded cl7 here on the forum =P

nice nice .. =P

Are we talking about the black one wif factory kit? :P

Slugoid
04-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Welcome to OzHonda :wave:

I'm a Accord Euro owner (in a way). It's my parents car but I pretty much get to drive it all the time. I'm 19 now, so yeah.

PS: Screw VSA. I never use it and even told a friend to turn it off. Now he's in love with his Euro ;) Especially for the manual Euro, you can feel a lot of difference when cornering hard.

eknine
05-01-2004, 10:17 AM
haha wrong mate..

nice nice .. =P

i'm guessing....maybe i spotted the same one with some clean grill and neat Hids :)

neilmacdonald
06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Well, this too is my first Honda; an Accord Euro Luxury. So far I am very happy

For the record I am (only) 32.

Slugoid, no offence intended, but you parents are brave letting their 19 year old drive the car. if you are anything like I was @ 19 :-)

Check out my profile for pics..

euro77
07-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Very neat car neil. You the same guy from club-tsx forum?

neilmacdonald
07-01-2004, 08:10 AM
yep, that's me. Good to see a more oz - centric forum

Ironfist
07-01-2004, 11:04 AM
my friend has a black euro luxuary model and he's 21.

i keep telling him to get some mad 18's and dump it and put darker tint so it looks pimp style lol... but he won't

Slugoid
08-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Slugoid, no offence intended, but you parents are brave letting their 19 year old drive the car. if you are anything like I was @ 19 :-)

I guess there's a level of trust establish between me and my parents ;) I love my cars, I like speed and crave for corners, but I know when there's a time to play and when there's a time to behave.

I'm from club-TSX as well. No wonder your nick sounds so familiar.

Roger de Maid
08-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Welcome to Ozhonda. There are a few Euro owners on this forum and they aren't old either. :P
Tell me about the stickers

vti-2
10-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Tell me about the stickers

$6 for a small or $8 for a large. If you want a pic, send me an email at vti-2@ozhonda.com and i'll forward one on. 8)

cbauto
11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Are we talking about the black one wif factory kit? :P
I like stock look TBH