PDA

View Full Version : SUV and mag wheels

skoobysnaq
04-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

this is likely a noob question however just wondering if someone can clear this up for me. I've got a CRV that I want to put on some mags. I've seen CRVs with the low profile tyres however just wondering if the low profile tyres still meet the manufacturers load (not speed) rating? Is it legal if the load rating is lower than factory? Thanks for the help

curtis265
04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi all,

this is likely a noob question however just wondering if someone can clear this up for me. I've got a CRV that I want to put on some mags. I've seen CRVs with the low profile tyres however just wondering if the low profile tyres still meet the manufacturers load (not speed) rating? Is it legal if the load rating is lower than factory? Thanks for the help

I would strongly recommend against going below the load rating. There's nothing more important than having the right tyres for your car

There's no reason why low profile tyres can't meet the rating, just make sure you double check before you purchase.

Also, given the CRV is relatively light it shouldn't be impossible to find

skoobysnaq
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks ... Just another thought on load, what about the load the actual rim can support? How do you find that out? Is it generally stated on packaging etc? Or is there no such thing?