PDA

View Full Version : Electric aerial replacement

ek
07-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

Im trying to replace the electric aerial after it got bent. It doesnt retract fully down due to a kink in the aerial.

Ive picked up another mast and rope, although to remove the existing one, do I need to take the motor / mast out of the car to undo some bits?

I found this thread and the motor / aerial is already removed from the car.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?65226-Antenna-mast-replacement-for-motorised-antenna-s

grifty
07-07-2013, 09:02 PM
its easy, remove any interior trims in the way then using a set of long nose pilers or a screwdriver undo the chrome antenna bolt that holds it down to the quarter panel. Be careful so it doesn't slip....

Then move onto the interior, there will be 2 connectors, a few 10mm bolts holding it and a hose.

should slide right out then.

ECU-MAN
07-07-2013, 09:05 PM
undo the nut on the antenna base

turn on the radio and allow the old mast to come out

feed the new mast in and then turn the radio off

assist the new mast to go in the antenna tube.

refit the lock nut

You only have to remove and disassemble the antenna if the old mast retracting cord broke off inside the motor assembly. Sometimes you have to drill out the sleave of the old mast if its seized in the motor assembly.

ek
07-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'll undo the retaining nut to see if I can remove the mast and rope without removing the whole unit.

ek
13-07-2013, 04:22 PM
So I tried to fit a new one today and it appears the aftermarket aerial and mast I purchased has a retaining sleeve in it, although when I removed my old aerial and mast, there was no retaining sleeve it in just a stopper piece.
Im guessing the mast and rope is not the same across most Honda's?

Anyone know?