PDA

View Full Version : Accord euro navi vs passat 118 TSI

mrgu
11-07-2013, 10:57 PM
The MY13.5 passat sedan 118 TSI can be driven away for $41000 with sunroof and LED DRL and taillight, along with sat nav and reverse camera standard and free 3 year serving as well, 4 year vehicle warranty with a interest rate of 6.5% for 5 years. APR ecu will make it a faster car than euro .

Why would buy an euro navi with $40000 ?passat beats euro hands down.

No turbo

No 4 years warranty

No cool key

No 6.5% interest rate

No DRL

No tuning option

No free servicing

No blind spot sensor

Damn..

I CU2
11-07-2013, 11:30 PM
1. Because it's not a VW :P

If you're looking for a new car you might be able to pick up a car cheap as VW new car sales have declined and the used car market for VW sellers is basically non-existant atm.

Dealer's won't even accept VW's as trade ins because they don't think the stock will move so you might be able to pick up a good deal if you're buying private. Make sure you buy one in warranty (and I'd ditch it after the warranties expired).

stevo1210
11-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Euro is probably a lot more reliable than a Passat. Speaking from exeprience... had a Golf MK6 Comfortline once and all that gave was problems. Catalytic converter, electrics, air bag sensors, injectors... blah blah... ALL within 166,000KMs and it was serviced even before the book said so. VW can stay far, far away from me even though the drive was fantastic in that car with the 6 speed manual!

I CU2
11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
@OP. I don't want to turn this into a VW reliability debate like the ones on other forums but do your research before you're ready to buy. Look at the customer comments on their facebook page, VW Watercooled, whirlpool etc. for common faults and be educated if you plan to keep it for the long run.

Sean628
12-07-2013, 12:09 AM
not mention is slower:P

mjp073
12-07-2013, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't buy a navi anyway. Seems like updating the damn thing is expensive to keep up with, I have a smartphone i can just pin to a vent for maps and voice directions. That said, I dont know what kind of functionality the unit has outside of navigation. I'd go with the non-navi luxury, buy a 20 dollar phone mount and spend the extra 3k on...things!

mrgu
12-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Lol... I have driven both cu2 and 130 TDI and 118TSI. Drivability wise VW beats CU2 hands down. End of story..

Look At those golfs and jettas on the street.

I agree euro is more reliable. Lack of personality.. Functionality. Excitement

mrgu
12-07-2013, 11:31 PM
not mention is slower:P

U sure? Cu2 can't even change header anymore. Torque buddy. Torque

ChaosMaster
12-07-2013, 11:50 PM
VF would beat it in all accounts though.

I CU2
12-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Lol... I have driven both cu2 and 130 TDI and 118TSI. Drivability wise VW beats CU2 hands down. End of story..

No one was debating VW handling, they'd win hands down - no competition. IMO, their cars are nice, just their customer service is crap when things go wrong.

DSG problems come up on various forums for years
VW claims no problems
VW starts recalling in other markets
VW Australia claims no problems with local models
Media blowup
VW claims no problems
Continued media blow up and incident reports
VW keeps quiet
Government may launch inquest into VW quality
VW says come take your car for a free inspection
Continued public backlash
OK, maybe their is something wrong with our DSG. We are only recalling for the 7 speed dry, we'll take a look at the mechatronics unit and replace if necessary . Owners with 6 speeds, gtfo nothing wrong with your gearbox 10k replacement if it fails.

Read their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VolkswagenAustralia?fref=ts&filter=2 seems as if more troubled users than happy ones.

Take a look at whirlpool: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/133?g=271

Search for DSG at VW watercooled: http://tiny.cc/gq33zw

If you think Hondas response to the oil consumption thread we had here was bad, take a look at those forums, how much oil their cars drink and what VW response is like.

I know Honda gearbox's aren't known to be the best but do we constantly see failures on this forum/others?

Hopefully the backlash will lessen their arrogance. Their treatment of customers is absolutely ridiculous.

Is there bias here? Maybe, but if you had said a Mazda 6/VF commodore vs Accord Euro Navi. I'd be congratulating them on how far they've come and that Honda should lift their game with the next Euro. HUD/Auto parallel park/blind spot alert/radar cruise systems - shieeett. I wouldn't mind one of those over a Euro but a Passat? No chance (well, at least not for the time being).

antony
14-07-2013, 01:31 PM
I PREVIOUSLY OWNED A jETTA,AND IT WAS GREAT TO DRIVE,AND HAD MANY FEATURES ASV STANDARD ,BUT THE QUALITY WAS bad,full of little niggles like rattles,squeeks,creaks,and vibrations.

In comparison the Euro is far better,beautifully built and finished.

Fredoops
14-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Buy a holden commodore

My personal choice is SSV redline... But that's just me.

ChaosMaster
15-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I would go the Calais V V6 or V8 don't really matter. V6 has a lot more power than the Euro or regular Accord would ever dream of anyways, more torque too, and a better spread of gear ratios. Personally, I want the V8 simply because I spend so much time on the fwy, and the cylinder deactivation appeals to me as well as the extra torque, paying 6k extra for that though is a bit rich, lolz. But man, have you tried sitting in the new Calais V, so quiet (not Lexus quiet but at least BMW levels) and very comfy too. Was on 18's though, could have sworn 19" were standard on the Calais... Apparently the new Senator, with the MRC, rides better than the Calais V even though it's on 20". They say it's on par with Benz Air suspension, which is saying something.

Fredoops
15-07-2013, 11:45 AM
^^^ it's probably the last australian commodore, and if finally got it right

ozscott
15-07-2013, 04:20 PM
The last of the VF HSV's with the 'vette motor should be a keeper. That one would increase in value or hold it well anyway. The SSV would be a nice machine too, but not an investment. The new commodore should finally be the vehicle to genuinely poach driver who would normally buy OS vehicles. Having said that I have dealt with Holden with a new VT S manual - never again... I have had excellent service from Land Rover and nearly as good from Honda, but wouldnt go Holden again (and Ford much the same I read).

Cheers

Rudy
15-07-2013, 08:59 PM
New holden looks good minus the hideous roof antenna but apparently horrible on fuel consumption according to caradvice (compare to claimed values). Wont sway me from the Japs unless I personally test drive it (not buying into the biased media hype yet). Id get the grange though if anything as that looks sick.

ChaosMaster
16-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah Holden service is crap, but then, I service my cars myself, so it means nothing much to me. Cheaper this way too. Fuel consumption rating vs Claimed, well, it's always off. Depends on what type of driving you do. I do a lot of FWY driving, and a V8 will easily match a I4 in the same car or at least get really close simply because it'll be geared taller and it won't be worked as hard everytime a small slope comes. Drive it in the city and anyone expect low 10s is dreaming.

This applies to Diesels as well, they only excel in FWY type driving. Drive it in the city, and I think you'll find that it'll burn as much fuel as a petrol equiv, only costing more to refill. Apparently Hybrids do better in City driving than on the FWY.

As for car reviews, I enjoy reading them, but I take them with a lot of salt. I mean seriously, they complain about shit like a Camry not being able to handle well, or how a Land Cruiser rolls around corners. They talk about things "driving enthusiast" who are the only ones who would read their reviews, want to know about. It doesn't necessarily mean it's of any relevance. I mean look at how they talked up VW only to now thrash them about their service attitude. Unfortunately for me, the media have had a negative effect. I mean if I bought a Camry (I was looking at the Hybrid), I would want it quiet and comfortable, and the interior design more classy and less of those shiny cheap stupid plastics they put in to try appealing to those who are 13. Instead, they made the ride firmer, the steering heavier in the name of "sportiness" and we still get that crap hole of an interior, simply because that's what the media is focusing on.

Rudy
16-07-2013, 02:48 PM
They did mixed driving and all cars are off on consumption but the commodore got like 14L/100 and the cars they were testing aganst got closer to claimed figures (although still far off). But those tests are far from scientific I agree.

Yeh thats what Im saying too...I take all those reviews with a grain of salt, and that includes the relentless praising of the new commodore and comparing it to the E class. Hence why I need to personally check it out before I go along with it seemingly being the greatest thing since sliced bread.

ChaosMaster
16-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah, go test it out. I have, which is why I'm surprised by how good it is. What really got me what the ride quality and how quiet it was, you wouldn't believe it was a commodore. Actually, you could compare it to a last generation E-Class. Interior has been improved by quiet a bit, but that IQ interface still looks like something from a 90's console, it's like it's still running a 16bit colour map, much like the first generation coloured screen phones. Don't think I've seen any reviews mention this though.

Edit: I should add that I don't like the oil gauges the HSV model all have. It's prob the one thing that puts me off HSV altogether, it's that bad. I mean I've read reviews on it, but seriously, go take a look at it. Don't know WTF HSV were thinking.

Rudy
17-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Wheels have to be the first thing to go on any Holden and sux finding them in 5 x 120. If only it was 5 x 114.3 :/

Fredoops
17-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Wheels have to be the first thing to go on any Holden and sux finding them in 5 x 120. If only it was 5 x 114.3 :/

BMW spec

LOL take a V8 SS, put Intake Exhaust head and a tune... BAM instant 50kw gain

stndrd
18-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Rays Engineering do wheels in 5x120

Holden usually look better with OEM wheels than some Bob Jane special wheel anyway.

Also $5k will get you around the 280-300rwkw mark in an SS, as opposed to 130-140fwkw in a Euro.

The VF interior really is something to praise. The quality and feel of the fabrics and plastics are euro (Audi, BMW, Merc) spec now. Best bang for buck car under $50k I believe, as it is such a practical car. Choose a wagon and it's even better

Rudy
19-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah I was only half serious...just harder to find used stuff in that size as not as common is all...I gotta test drive one of these beats asap.