PDA

View Full Version : CU2 best suspension for the street cruiser. Koni, Ohlins, Mugen?

Holy Frog
13-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Accord Euro Luxury Navi and love the car.
The low speed and high speed cruising are outstanding. Seeing a GPS reading of 206kmh felt comfortable, and even 180kmh sweepers felt safe and assured.

I expect the stock suspension will last a very long time, but thought I'd open the thread to get some opinions on the highest quality spring and shock combo, that offers a little drop and combines better than stock handling with only a mild degradation in ride quality.

My experience is with Koni Yellow spring and shock combo on a CD5, and it was very impressive.

As always first hand experience is much appreciated, and quality of engineering is preferred value for money.

Fredoops
14-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Koni yellow shocks + H&R springs should so the trick.

EKVTIR-T
14-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Look into KW for cu2

tony1234
21-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs.

mofia77
24-07-2013, 03:09 AM
I have a 2008 Accord Euro (CU2) and I'm looking for something similar.

From what I've gathered so far, the US 2nd gen TSX suspension is interchangeable? Is this correct?

Also I'd like to know which coilover setups you guys have used that retain (or get closest to) the comfort/ride of the stock suspension?

curtis265
24-07-2013, 09:57 AM
you're only going to get subjective answers here unfortunately as i doubt many have tried all the shocks/combinations you listed on the same car. I'm usually one to try new things but I'd suggest sticking to what you know in this case as change is costly

08r3308
24-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I have tried BC coilovers, eibach springs and I'm on tein ss now and so far they ride great.

I'm actually selling my set as I'm selling the car pm if interested

mofia77
26-07-2013, 07:25 AM
you're only going to get subjective answers here unfortunately as i doubt many have tried all the shocks/combinations you listed on the same car. I'm usually one to try new things but I'd suggest sticking to what you know in this case as change is costly

I can appreciate that, but the only coilovers I've ever bought were solely for performance purposes, never geared toward comfort so I don't have a point of reference. I'm open to suggestions.

I have tried BC coilovers, eibach springs and I'm on tein ss now and so far they ride great.

I'm actually selling my set as I'm selling the car pm if interested

Nice, thanks, you have pm.