PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Jazz (manual) - jerking/stuttering issue

nuffsaid
15-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi guys

Basically, when cruising along at 50, 60, 70 km/hr etc, with my foot just slightly on the accelerator to keep the car going, the car feels like someone is tapping the brakes / jerking / stuttering. If I step on the accelerator more, the issue goes away until I start cruising at constant speed again.

Does this sound familiar? Have read it could be an EGR issue or coilpacks?

Thanks

Car is a VTI-s manual transmission

TENSE
15-07-2013, 08:58 PM
perhaps youre using a gear too high for that speed?

DreadAngel
15-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Is there any noises in recent memory that has appeared?

Like metal on metal?

Cause your description sounds like there is resistance... Does the car deceleration unnaturally fast?

Rage King
31-07-2013, 11:00 AM
1) REPLACE YOUR SPARK PLUGS

2) CHECK/REPLACE COILPACKS

This is a common issue with the Jazz/Fit motors.

nuffsaid
31-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi all (hope this helps others)

No noises, not a gearing issue

SOLUTION: dirty EGR valve, took it off, and used brake cleaner to clean it up and now its running much better

Still a small hesitation at low revs but Ill be changing spark plugs to see if that solves it. Otherwise drives great!

tdphillips
17-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Hi, I have been having similar stuttering/missing issues with my daughters 2005 CVT VTIs jazz for the last few weeks, milage at 140k. Major service done at 100K, plugs, filter, CVT fluid etc changed- not by me though. Various forums pointed to the EGR valve, but after checking its operation I could not find an issue, it was all clean inside. Its basically a small valve operated by a 12v solenoid, with a 5K variable resistor to give some position feedback to the ECU, did not want to spend $350 if not reqd. So puchased an ODB2/ELM327 blue tooth device, $12 from ebay, loaded the free software "torque lite" and in a few minutes had the codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, multiple misfires and misfires in all pistons (great device for reading errors and other measurements). Pulled the plugs to find Bosch platinum plugs, not NGK, but they LOOKED fine. So as an experiment I pulled the old plugs from an EG civic we have in the shed and the Jazz ran fine for a few days, then the same issue again-they were bosch plugs as well. Ordered the correct iridium plugs, put them in tonight, all OK, no missing at all. So, for reasons I can't exactly work out these engines are extremely sensitive to the correct plug type, nothing else will do long term. It seemed to start having this issue all of a sudden too, so I can't work out why all the plugs would be faulty all at the same time.