PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Problems

White Orchid
17-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Does anybody else have a problem with the Bluetooth in their 2013 VTi CR-V?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 + an iPhone 4 (wife) and trying to setup Speed Dialing following the handbook just doesn't work, especially the tagging section, I never hear the "beep" prior to speaking the tag you want to enter for the number.

White Orchid
18-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I took my CR-V in for it's 1,000 km Check Up and asked about the Bluetooth problem above, Service Dept said they would have to contact Honda technical and get back to me.
The wait time will be an interesting test of the Dealerships ability and how genuine their word is and also a test of Honda's backup service.

SQXPRT
19-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Don't have that problem.. pulled out the factory unit and put in Alpine unit. (Odyssey RB3 Lux)

DonnieLukes
19-07-2013, 08:51 PM
I too had the same problem. There seems to be a problem with their internal firmware. The glitch is small but can cause many problems in the end. Still the the irritation of not getting things done in one shot is a completely different story.

White Orchid
29-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I am still waiting to hear from the Dealership on the Bluetooth issue. :thumbdwn:

wh1tehat
30-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I am still waiting to hear from the Dealership on the Bluetooth issue. :thumbdwn:

I believe its more the phone issue rather than the head unit. Have you updating your phone firmware?

This is an issue with some phones on a number of car brands. Persistent sessions issues. I think you can also get a software for the android for that.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/i9000_faq

White Orchid
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I believe its more the phone issue rather than the head unit. Have you updating your phone firmware?

This is an issue with some phones on a number of car brands. Persistent sessions issues. I think you can also get a software for the android for that.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/i9000_faq

I had to download an app to keep the Galaxy S awake, it would connect and then disconnect when it went to sleep and this would keep happening with monotonous regularity, it drove you mad.

wh1tehat, when you are setting up your Speed Dialing and you enter the phone number you are prompted for a No or YES to enter a tag for the number, if you choose YES you are then asked to press the talk button and after the "beep" say the name/tag you want to add to the speed dial number. With my Bluetooth I don't hear any "Beep" and if I give a speed dial number a tag I then have to turn the key off (accessories) and back on to continue, the system seems to lock up at that point.

The Dealership was supposed to get onto Honda Technical about the issue and get back to me ..... waiting, waiting, waiting, :mad::mad:, it looks like I will have to get onto the Dealership and then make a call to Honda HQ myself.

White Orchid
07-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I had to download an app to keep the Galaxy S awake, it would connect and then disconnect when it went to sleep and this would keep happening with monotonous regularity, it drove you mad.

wh1tehat, when you are setting up your Speed Dialing and you enter the phone number you are prompted for a No or YES to enter a tag for the number, if you choose YES you are then asked to press the talk button and after the "beep" say the name/tag you want to add to the speed dial number. With my Bluetooth I don't hear any "Beep" and if I give a speed dial number a tag I then have to turn the key off (accessories) and back on to continue, the system seems to lock up at that point.

The Dealership was supposed to get onto Honda Technical about the issue and get back to me ..... waiting, waiting, waiting, :mad::mad:, it looks like I will have to get onto the Dealership and then make a call to Honda HQ myself.

Update: It has been 2 weeks (excl. weekends) since the Service and I have had to chase them up for feedback.
I rang the Dealership today and spoke with the Service Advisor who looked after my Service and complaint and after jogging his memory he said he spoke to Honda Technical but forgot what the outcome was and would ring them again.

Ok it's not a huge problem but still it's a problem with a NEW vehicle and I'm not alone with Bluetooth issues on the CRV either, my mate bought a 4WD VTi-L + ADAS from a different Dealership and they couldn't even show him how to program the various Bluetooth settings for hands free operation.

Not Happy Jan. :mad: :mad:

Update #2 Service Advisor just rang back to say that the VTi does not support Voice Tagging for Speed Dialing on Bluetooth even though the system asks for it. :eek: