PDA

View Full Version : Bc v1 or gab ss

kurtle
19-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Hey guys trying to decide on what coilovers to go with narrowed it down to these two, what should I go with ?

blabla
19-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Hey guys trying to decide on what coilovers to go with narrowed it down to these two, what should I go with ?

Hey mate I got gab ss in my ej8. I'm local If you want to check them out in person let me know.

p.v
01-08-2013, 05:07 AM
my ss's are on their way from malaysia! ill let you know how they go,
fitzrace is the seller if you want a set, ask for discount. got them 750 posted,

Daveho1
01-08-2013, 06:08 AM
i personaly think the bc would be better but i havnt heard much bout the GABs

curtis265
01-08-2013, 08:19 AM
It's russian roulette here.. but i'd go BC given they're more well known so parts and competent rebuilders will be readily available

mocchi
01-08-2013, 08:21 AM
koni.

Snoop_gee
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Double check the GABs your getting are from actual Japan company, which I don't think exists anymore.
Some from ebay look to be from malaysia, which has nothing to do with Japan..2 diff companies and products

I myself am using GAB SS coilovers for my KRX
And they are pretty good.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/272322-1/2e6heur.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/272325-1/2ex6ntd.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/272328-1/6sxtoh.jpg

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/272331-1/1445j12.jpg

BC racing coilovers are not buddyclub coilovers. They stand for BorChan, and are made in Taiwan. From what I have read, BC's first lot of coilovers (V1 series and such) had poor quality control and were not very good, and hence have a bad stigma put against their name. However, their latest series (gold BR, ER) have been a greatly improved and I have only read good reviews about them, since they are based on the tein design and other improvements. Having said that, I haven't read of anyone having the set of BC BRseries coilovers for more than a year, since they're still new, and so reliability and life span is yet to be determined.

vrmmmpshhh
01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
last time i checked the bc br were only a bit more expensive than the v1.

Snoop_gee
01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
i reackon u go bc br than bc v1

type_AHH
01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
i reackon u go bc br than bc v1

+1

I don't know the exact tech details but I've read the BR are better built and generally improved over V1

My BC BR have gone 3 years so far with no issues at all ^_^

curtis265
01-08-2013, 01:18 PM
+1

I don't know the exact tech details but I've read the BR are better built and generally improved over V1

My BC BR have gone 3 years so far with no issues at all ^_^

3 years and 15000k?

or 3 years and 60000 k's?

a time period is meaningless

type_AHH
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
3 years and 15000k?

or 3 years and 60000 k's?

a time period is meaningless

Yeah very true, big oversight on my part.

In that case, I've only run them for 9000km over 3 years (I don't drive much lol)

brad
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Yeah very true, big oversight on my part.

In that case, I've only run them for 9000km over 3 years (I don't drive much lol)

See, for me that's less than a year's usage. Not having a dig though.

I've just installed BC V1s into my EG Sedan (b16 etc.), only been in for a month but I got them at a bargain price so it was a no brainer. No complaints yet, seem OK/Good for the price.

u mad?
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
its a crx

not a krx

op imo dont buy that Chinese rubbish

curtis265
01-08-2013, 08:08 PM
See, for me that's less than a year's usage. Not having a dig though.

I've just installed BC V1s into my EG Sedan (b16 etc.), only been in for a month but I got them at a bargain price so it was a no brainer. No complaints yet, seem OK/Good for the price.

This is why i always suggest adjustable sleeves (if yuo insist on height adjustability )and koni shocks

http://weaksauceparts.com/picturesstore/koni_gc_assembled.jpg

it works out about the same price, will last twice as long a set of cheapo coilvers and offer a much wider range of damping

just doesn't come with as much swag..

brad
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
This is why i always suggest adjustable sleeves (if yuo insist on height adjustability )and koni shocks

http://weaksauceparts.com/picturesstore/koni_gc_assembled.jpg

it works out about the same price, will last twice as long a set of cheapo coilvers and offer a much wider range of damping

just doesn't come with as much swag..

I paid a lot less for these V1s than a set of Koni Yellows and GCs or any other combination would cost. But yes, solid advice.

mocchi
01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
test drove a car with bc coils one time
bumpy as shit

bumpy coils on street just doesnt make sense

Daveho1
02-08-2013, 06:12 AM
i found the opposite when i have in cars with BC i found them too soft, hence i ussually recommend em for street..

u mad?
02-08-2013, 12:02 PM
test drove a car with bc coils one time
bumpy as shit

bumpy coils on street just doesnt make sense
damper prolly maxed out on stiff

because race car

Perry
02-08-2013, 05:05 PM
What are the difference between the BC V1 and the new model?

Daveho1
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM
perry has made a significant amount of informative posts

ctx
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
i personaly think the bc would be better but i havnt heard much bout the GABs

I was wondering when this one would turn up.

Daveho1
03-08-2013, 07:45 AM
haha someone askes my opinion one time and then forever im a bc fanboi. ive never even owned a set

curtis265
03-08-2013, 08:02 AM
haha someone askes my opinion one time and then forever im a bc fanboi. ive never even owned a set

you've mentioned it multiple times

Daveho1
03-08-2013, 09:26 AM
one thread befor this one...

ctx
03-08-2013, 11:03 AM
One thread is all it takes.

curtis265
03-08-2013, 12:16 PM
one thread befor this one...

multiple times in that thread

ctx
03-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Anyone wanting to have a read/laugh here is the original topic:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?176885-first-day-driving-my-dc5r-!

i like buddy club myself, i have a mate on BC and they seem good too but cant comment on skunk2 as ive never driven on them but they are a respected brand.
the BC would suit your purpose fine, that being said so would a spring/shock combo or even some pedders coilovers but a good middle ground quality wise is BC or buddyclub

ahh of cause i forgot about that. yeah id prolly still go coilovers but it may be worth really reserching

eibach are good springs and ground control are well respected in the states (but so are roof racks so i donno it that means anything).
i would avoid having the springs "made" cause that sounds shifty as shit.

value for money id go with the BC coilovers they are cheap but i havent been able to fault em yet..

if you dont belive me
<---------- check my green blocks, "i have an exceptional understanding"

the aus market tein super streets have a bit of a bad rep. some people have reported failures early on and it seems although it was only happening with the ones for the aussie market and those seemed softer all round then the jap equivalent.
dont get me wrong tein coils are good and have a lot going for them, it was just the ones associated with fulcrum that seemed problematic
BC or buddyclub in that price range n8

well i paid 600 so i wouldnt know but buddyclub is jdm so extra internet points..
honestly i havent tried buddy clubs and BC on a dc5r but as an over all quality they both seem comparable. i know people run both and the rides in there cars are similar ( as far as you can compare the ride of s14, s15 preludes and mr2s)
in saying that i feel like the Buddyclubs are just a bit firmer which i like but i can understand many wouldnt

anyway off to work with dem peugeots...FML

i still recon coilovers.. if nothing elce the adjustability is worth it

yes for your purposes at street speeds the BC coilovers will perform well, they have been around for ages now and there are plenty of reviews on em.
although a shock spring combo is fine aswell the price tags arnt that different and you can rebuild, re valve or change springs later if need be.
so basicly;

shocks/spring pros;
pritty good on the street
cheaper in the us

bc coilover pros;
pritty good on the street
competitive price
rebuildable
options of spring rates
very adjustable (not just height son)

known people with both and have tried both. still recon the coils are the goods

yep that exactly what im saying...
no, based on what i have seen from these setups the bc offered a better feel imo as i said..

good ass info here^^^ OP allow me to clarify a few of my opinions;

i didnt mention adjustablilty on shocks as for one koni yellows arnt adjustable in the way coilovers are

when i refer to performance im talking about street performance not track use i.e how stable they are on corners at street speed/how they absorb small pot holes, as that what u said thats what the car would be used for instead of track times as i haven't tracked these setups

i recomended BC specifically over the buddyclubs as they tend to have a softer ride which should help with the McPherson type suspension you have, i have been in and driven several cars with mcpherson type suspension configurations and the BC seem to be more forgiving then most.

as ive said several times this is just my opinion obviously i couldnt care what you choose especially since its fukn wif my rep, now i gotta spam heeeeeps of fools to get dat rep back

I suggest OP take Daveho's advice with a big grain of salt.

http://www.thespringboardacademy.com/Portals/188037/images/C--Users-Margo-Pictures-Best_Career_Advice__Take_it_with_a_grain_of_salt!. png

RenzokukenJ
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Anyone wanting to have a read/laugh here is the original topic:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?176885-first-day-driving-my-dc5r-!

I suggest OP take Daveho's advice with a big grain of salt.

http://www.thespringboardacademy.com/Portals/188037/images/C--Users-Margo-Pictures-Best_Career_Advice__Take_it_with_a_grain_of_salt!. png

Should I suggest that buddy club is fantastic, because buddy club is buddyclub, and nothing beats buddy club. If you can find something better then buddy club that isn't buddy club, then I will ditch my buddy club for something other then buddy club.

Reguards buddy club

curtis265
03-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Should I suggest that borchan is fantastic, because borchan is borchan, and nothing beats borchan. If you can find something better then borchan that isn't borchan, then I will ditch my borchan for something other then borchan.

Reguards borchan
fixed

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2344/2137872326_0c6aec0c28.jpg

here is the a pile of salt we have near where i work. This is the amount of salt i suggest.

Daveho1
03-08-2013, 03:49 PM
yeah wow lol i was so out of line. good advice to everyone dont listen to be cause sometimes when im asked i give out my opinion