PDA

View Full Version : relocation of Odyssey anchor points

rastanac
20-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi all, a newbie here...
Planning to upgrade from my trusted Civic 2008 to an Odyssey 2013... but as you may know, main issue with the ODC is the 2nd row seats anchor points being up in the back of the roof.
I've heard some owners have modified and relocated those anchor points behind the 2nd row seats.
Wanted to know if anybody here has done that? Is it acceptable by Honda and won't mess up the warranty? Would you know any service centres or mechanics who can do such modification in Sydney?
Thanks in advance for the tips!

evolution
22-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Sorry mate, never heard or seen anyone relocate the anchor points. I was hoping with the new laws on ISOFIX that I could do away with the tethering strap,unfortunately, we still need to use it together with the ISOFIX points.

Adding new points will void the warrenty on the areas you change not the whole car.

rastanac
22-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the info, evolution. I'll see how I go with it. Will try to check with my local Honda service centre as well, if they know anything.

AusAccord
22-07-2013, 12:29 PM
not sure RB3 has ISOFIX anchor points. believe re-locating / adding anchor points need Engineer Cert

Adrian128
07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
There are 2 anchor points at the bottom (inside) just above the panel you remove to access the spare. Just pop out the 2 round tabs and you'll see them. These are to be used when the child seats are in the 3rd row of seats. When the child seats are on the 2nd row, the upper mounts are to be used.