PDA

View Full Version : 97 EK1 Loose passenger Seat Rail.

White Noise
21-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I sold my DC5R and got myself a 97 EK1. I know I know, just a bit of a downgrade but sacrifices had to be made.

My problem is that the rail (closest to the passenger door) is rocking the chair in the back left corner. Its not a loose bolt into the floor but something in the rail itself. ANy ideas?

I will post up pics of my little black beast later in the week. Needs some work but is a great project for me :)

hondapop
21-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Remove seat, turn upside down, check bolts holding rails to seat, also check if rails or seat mountings have torn away where the bolts are, or screw into. Not uncommon. You will have to slide the rails back and forth to access the ones holding the rails to the seats.

simmy
21-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Dorikin had a good diy on how to fix rocking rails

White Noise
21-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Its the part that slides that I think I loose but I will try that tomorrow. Too cold outside now, lol.

wozz
23-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Sounds like missing balls in the tracks, and bet it was similar to my experience; previous owner finds steel balls rolling around floor and goes "what are these?" and chucks them out.

Google led me to the above mentioned guide (www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?165598-How-to-Repair-Rocking-Rails-(EG-EK-DC)) and was spot on when i had the same issue. If you're lucky it's just the balls missing and not the spring roller guides. I'm a newb and found it dead easy to do, now my seat is good as a new thanks to Dorikin's guide. :thumbsup:

ps. the dimples that hold them in aren't very big, so don't hit the rails back too hard after you fix it to save it from happening again.