PDA

View Full Version : any cb7 accord owners out there?

Pola-Civic
23-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Hey lookin for others with a cb7 just for info on them regards to f22b5 motors an upgrades u can do or any other mods to do with suspension upgrades?

Cheers.

Pola-Civic
02-12-2013, 02:21 AM
bump.....

NTYPE
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Yeah ive got a CB7' pretty standard at the moment but I'll be doing a manual conversion shortly.
Best place for information is the american cb7tuner.com forums.
As these cars are fairly popular in the states theres HEAPS of aftermarket parts on EBAY so definately check that out, you can get some good suspension there for decent prices.
As far as engine mods are concerned you can do the usual intake/headers/exhaust to get a little more power. The F22A responds well to turbocharging but thats going to get expensive and you're still failing with Non-Vtec.

Another option (The best option IMHO) is to swap the motor with an H22A from a prelude/accord, you can pick one up for $500-$800. It bolts in on the standard mounts and you can use the factory accord gearbox or the prelude one. The H22A is the same capacity 2.2L but is DOHC and VTEC and puts out 200hp as opposed to the 140hp of the F22.

Jasemas
07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
You'll also need a new ecu/harness for the vtec solenoid and a bit of wiring
Find a 92-00 Prelude with the H22a and use it as a half cut
Looking at a chipped P28, if you do go down the rout of H
As well as about $1000 in labour
it is highly recommended to check the engine's compression and health of the motor as they tend to blow out piston rings :(

As long as your F22a6/a9 is healthy then stay with the stock motor
My second accord was a cb7 - really enjoyed it
Was very neglected when i got it - but got written off