PDA

View Full Version : VIC Ek b16b RWC

babybashjnr
24-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Long story short I need a RWC done by the 28th
I have a b16b in my ek4 and it has been registered to the car

Does this mean that the previous owner has gone through the process of getting a VASS if required or do I need an engineers as the ek9 is not offered in Australia from Honda

One of the RWC guys at my work said I need a certificate but did not explain to me what certificate I needed

If anybody has an idea of what I need please let me know

Chernoby1
25-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Because youre from rowtown (#REPRAZENT!), ill answer.

SEE:
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/Modifications/NotifyingVicRoadsOfChangesAndModifications.htm

3. Replacement engine is not of a type and/or make offered by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle, but is equivalent in general configuration, power, mass, and emissions standard to that of the original or an optional engine for the vehicle model and can be installed without any structural alterations.

The change of engine may be recorded by VicRoads provided that the registered operator or a motor mechanic, or dealer in that make of vehicle or an Automotive Engineer signs a declaration certifying that all modifications made by the manufacturer for the same vehicle model with that engine, have been completed.
A Change of Vehicle Description form must be completed providing new engine details. An inspection to confirm engine details is also required unless a Certificate of Roadworthiness or VASS Approval Certificate including the new engine number is provided (only for a currently registered Victorian vehicle). An original receipt for the purchase of the engine must be provided as proof of ownership of the engine.
When a VASS Approval Certificate has been supplied for a replacement engine, then an equivalent replacement engine can be fitted without another VASS Approval Certificate being presented (eg 350 c.i. V8 engine replaced with 350 c.i. V8 engine).

Soooo by my understanding: Yes, technically you would need a VASS to rego it.

However:

1. Replacement engine is identical to the original engine, or is an option allowed by the manufacturer for the same model vehicle
The optional engine must be offered in Australia by the vehicle manufacturer as an option for that vehicle (or certified variants). The change of engine may be recorded by VicRoads provided that the registered operator or a motor mechanic, or dealer in that make of vehicle or an Automotive Engineer signs a declaration certifying the engine is optional for the vehicle model, and that all modifications made by the manufacturer for the same vehicle model with that optional engine have been completed.

You will need to attend a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to have the vehicle's engine inspected to confirm the new engine details. No appointment is required. You will also need to complete a Change of Vehicle Description form.

The question will now be, did previous owner try to do this and Vicroads saw that the engine was a "B16" from Honda and its description is a "1.6L DOHC engine with VTEC"... which would be the same for b16a and b16b.

SOOOOoooooooo i wouldnt be surprised if nobody in VicRoads was aware the engines are actually different and it was rego'ed in that fashion. (have seen it happen with other engines SR20DE replaced by SR20VE).

If the car is Registered with that Engine (IE the numbers match up according to vicroads), then you dont need to get anything other than a RWC to transfer it / clear a defect ect.

babybashjnr
25-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Sweet dude yeah took it in today was fine about the engine did fail on a couple small bits and pieces
And yeah thanks a lot man that did sum up everything

Thanks again mate

nickk
26-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Yo what did it fail on out of curiosity, nick.

babybashjnr
26-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Pm ur number nick I will send u pic of the rwc