PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest a security alarm that's good in value??

Poeter
29-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm already aware of the fact the car has an immobiliser and, despite this fact, i get worried about ppl jacking up my car and taking the alloys and take their time stealing whatever they can.

So i thought an alarm will discourage thieves from taking as much stuff as they can and they wont have the time to take stuff like the wheels.

For the alarm, i just want one that can beep if there's shock or window damage. I dont really need anything fancy as long it's not overly expensive. I just need a referal to a suppiler to who knows the anatomy of a jazz and install it properly on a jazz. I dont want some guy who dont crap about the jazz and just randomly install it without knowing the design of the jazz.

Without an alarm, it reminds of a dude which i read from another forum who posted pictures of his HSV stripped in WESTFIELD carpark at burwood. It's shocking how some thieves would take off everything in such public location. The wheels for it was gone and the windows were smashed. So i would hate to be in his shoes.

tRipitaka
29-03-2005, 06:08 PM
For the wheels, just get locknuts..
If not, I vaguely remember an attachment for an alarm where if the car gets tilted by a certain amount, the alarm will go off..
For the rest, an alarm won't really stop a thief if they REALLY want ur gear.. But it'll deter most of them..

TypeG
29-03-2005, 06:19 PM
if u are in melbourne
i can suggest one installer for u which supplied and fiited in a good value

as001
29-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm already aware of the fact the car has an immobiliser and, despite this fact, i get worried about ppl jacking up my car and taking the alloys and take their time stealing whatever they can.

So i thought an alarm will discourage thieves from taking as much stuff as they can and they wont have the time to take stuff like the wheels.

For the alarm, i just want one that can beep if there's shock or window damage. I dont really need anything fancy as long it's not overly expensive. I just need a referal to a suppiler to who knows the anatomy of a jazz and install it properly on a jazz. I dont want some guy who dont crap about the jazz and just randomly install it without knowing the design of the jazz.

Without an alarm, it reminds of a dude which i read from another forum who posted pictures of his HSV stripped in WESTFIELD carpark at burwood. It's shocking how some thieves would take off everything in such public location. The wheels for it was gone and the windows were smashed. So i would hate to be in his shoes.

Go for black widow alarm and just get some lock wheel nuts this all do the job, but mate what wheels have u got on your car some nice after market ones?

TypeG
29-03-2005, 10:13 PM
lol
just in case since lick nuts are no longer safe.

Poeter
30-03-2005, 10:40 AM
haha, stock wheels.

But u know the thieves man, they take anything they can.

TypeG
30-03-2005, 10:53 AM
stock rims....errrr......
dun waste the money if u want to protect yr stock rims only LOL

Poeter
30-03-2005, 11:01 AM
LOL, well i love the look of the stock rims.

They dont look that bad. It just didn't look great from the brochure but seeing it in real life changed my mind.