PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Track day @ Queensland Raceway?

Tony
29-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone is interested in bringing their Jazz's to the race track.

The next race event is on the 2nd of April and the one after is on the 28th of May.

You will need to pay for an AASA Clubman Licence($55) which is a once off thing and it will last you 1 year, and an Entry fee of $75.

Please leave a message here or pm me if you are interested. I would love to see a Jazz only race @ QR :D

Zimp13
29-03-2005, 07:01 PM
where is the raceway???? how far from melbourne????

tRipitaka
29-03-2005, 07:03 PM
it's in QLD ;)

Tony
29-03-2005, 07:05 PM
where is the raceway???? how far from melbourne????

Sorry, I forgot to mention. :p The race track is located in Queensland, 40 minutes drive from Brisbane city.

Zimp13
29-03-2005, 07:06 PM
shit man... how to go there??? too far away... heheheh

tRipitaka
29-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention. :p The race track is located in Queensland, 40 minutes drive from Brisbane city.

mentioned in your topic ;)

Zimp13
29-03-2005, 07:26 PM
i wanna go but too far.... :)

tonmasi
29-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone is interested in bringing their Jazz's to the race track.

The next race event is on the 2nd of April and the one after is on the 28th of May.

You will need to pay for an AASA Clubman Licence($55) which is a once off thing and it will last you 1 year, and an Entry fee of $75.

Please leave a message here or pm me if you are interested. I would love to see a Jazz only race @ QR :D

I would love to go tony but I think I'll need to get some track tyres and a spare set of rims...
are u going to race with ur street tyres? :confused:
:honda: :honda: :honda: :honda:

FB008
29-03-2005, 09:49 PM
i'd like to but it would be a very expensive exercise for me... and unfortunately dont have the money for that sort of thing yet :(

I'd love to watch though...

Tony
30-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes, it's not cheap and it's addictive :(

FB008
30-03-2005, 09:58 PM
and i dont think my stock jazz could handle it either... maybe i need some scrap tyres to just BURN :D

Tony
30-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Stock Jazz will be able to handle it, I took my Jazz to the track when it was completely stock. :p

DavidLing
31-03-2005, 04:39 PM
i just worry that when i use my stock JAzz to turn corner in high speed, it may flip down. Ha Ha!

If i dirve in normal speed, not point to go!! hehe

tonmasi
31-03-2005, 11:52 PM
and i dont think my stock jazz could handle it either... maybe i need some scrap tyres to just BURN :D

i just worry that when i use my stock JAzz to turn corner in high speed, it may flip down. Ha Ha!

If i dirve in normal speed, not point to go!! hehe

TRust me, JAZZ can do magic even when its stock..:D
:honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda:

brightboyfree
01-04-2005, 01:31 PM
If I just go and Watch, do i need to pay then?

It's too expensive to race......:(

Jus-10
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
You guys spend all this money on your car, then won't fork out $75 for a run on the track!

I wish it was that cheap in Sydney.

Don't worry about your car being stock...better to learn how your car handles in that state. You will find the limits of the car earlier and at more sensible speeds and you will gain your experience that way.

Make sure you post up some pics of the day Tony.

tonmasi
01-04-2005, 02:29 PM
You guys spend all this money on your car, then won't fork out $75 for a run on the track!

Don't worry about your car being stock...better to learn how your car handles in that state. You will find the limits of the car earlier and at more sensible speeds and you will gain your experience that way.

I agree. I was exactly like you guys before, but then I gone onto the track once and got addicted ever since.
J
us-10 is right, you can go on the track and try the limit of the car, and develop your driving skills. It is very useful to you know the limits of the car. I believe its safer to find out the limits on the track than on the street.

And I don't think you can go on a race track with this price else where. Its an experience of the life time!! :D

FB008
01-04-2005, 02:37 PM

I wish it was that cheap in Sydney.

i havent done anything to my jazz and don't intend to either, because of my plans. plus, i'm not earning much right now and $130 is rather steep for me. would probably cost another $50 in petrol... and if i screw up teh tired badly enough then maybe another $400 for good tyres.

it's just the tires that i'm mainly worried about (and maybe the brakes) but i'm sure everything else will hold up :)

I'd love to do it, but my financial situation says otherwise :(

lovesil
01-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Remember to take vid (rather than just pics) to show us how Jazz handles on Track!

Tony
01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I have already posted one of my previous race videos in another thread
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17735

I'll try to get a video camera to mount onto the Jazz when i go to the track next time though :)

Jus-10
01-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry guys I was only being sarcastic about the $75 thing - it wasn't intended to offend anyone.

It's just very cheap compared to some other places.

Hope you guys have some fun...would be good to see a few Jazzes out there!

TypeG
01-04-2005, 05:44 PM
that's a cheap price
$75..... i will go there very often if i am in Qld =( pictures and video pls with yr new sussy Tony =)

FB008
01-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry guys I was only being sarcastic about the $75 thing - it wasn't intended to offend anyone.

that's kewl mate, im just trying to be stingy right now to pay off this car in the first place... plus im not getting much work which makes things worse :(