PDA

View Full Version : Slight Electrical Problem, EG Civic

Henessaayyy
28-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I pulled out my old dash yesterday and put in a eg6 dash, before I put the dash in I turned the ignition over and it struggled to start, but got started. Then I put the dash in plugged it all in and same thing. It wasnt doing this before I pulled the dash out, but then it did it before I plugged the new dash in?

It this just a case of dead battery? Or not enough CCA to kick the starter over?
Seems strange to me. Help is appreciated, cheers!

ECU-MAN
28-07-2013, 07:18 PM
did you miss an earth strap ?

and by struggle what do you mean, slow craning ? cranked fine but struggled to fire ?

where you lsitening to the radio while you where working ? check your battery or charge it.

Henessaayyy
31-07-2013, 01:26 PM
slow cranking ecu man! theres only one earth strap under the dash, and its in.. would this seriously cause the problem though?? my civic never had a radio or speakers so no to that question, i turned the interior light off too.. battery voltages are fine too

ECU-MAN
31-07-2013, 01:57 PM
did you change anything under the bonnet ?

slow cranking sounds like battery

Henessaayyy
31-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Why would the battery be losing juice if its getting charged by the alternator? I noticed today the interior light is dim and brightens when the car starts. This battery is new. Just hit a year old! Why do you think it could be draining like that?

ECU-MAN
31-07-2013, 03:56 PM
start by measuring the battery voltage without the engine running
then measure the battery voltage with the engine running

also try measuring the current draw of the vehicle with it all switched off and all doors closed, then do the same with just the ignition switched onto the II position. Do not try and crank the car while your measuring current draw, you will blow your meter.

post your results here.