PDA

View Full Version : [CU2} Drivers Seat wear and tear

mpricecs
30-07-2013, 01:36 PM
My CU2 LUX drivers seat is showing some signs of deterioration in the cushion immediately adjacent to the door. The inside cushioning (foam) has lost most of its structure and this is leading to a fair bit of sag and creasing in the leather at the side of the seat.

Vehicle is under 4 years old and <46000km, now out of warranty.

I am having dealer look at it in the next few days and considering requesting a goodwill warranty claim.

Any others experiencing such issues with either the LUX or standard CU2?

fillit
01-08-2013, 12:53 AM
My CU2 LUX drivers seat is showing some signs of deterioration in the cushion immediately adjacent to the door. The inside cushioning (foam) has lost most of its structure and this is leading to a fair bit of sag and creasing in the leather at the side of the seat.

Vehicle is under 4 years old and <46000km, now out of warranty.

I am having dealer look at it in the next few days and considering requesting a goodwill warranty claim.

Any others experiencing such issues with either the LUX or standard CU2?

Not personally, however do you lift yourself off the seat or drag?

Clear example would be with Recaros, if you drag yourself off the seat it will cause bolster wear.

I'd imagine that Honda would fix this problem for you as it would be a reasonable expectation that the seats would last more than 46000kms.

I CU2
02-08-2013, 01:49 AM
All cars I've seen with leather have wear on that side after a few years. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to prevent it?