PDA

View Full Version : What sway bar offers the most clearance (dc5r/ep3)

Jax-dc5r
31-07-2013, 09:33 PM
So I have recently purchased two things for my dc5r! Asp race header and ep3 sway bar! After attempting to instal I found out ep3 sway bar still doesn't offer enough room and rubs and touches against the header! Does anybody know if there is a after market sway bar on the market that gives more room around where is goes over the header then the ep3 sway bar? Thanks in advance!

rossirider
01-08-2013, 12:59 AM
What clearance issues are you having? height or width? the Em2 bar has a wider opening to clear the header but im not too sure if it has a higher opening.

I use the EM2 civic front sway. It clears my Toda extractor and its thinner than the EP3r front sway. By memory its 15.9 mm compared to ep3r 23.4mm.

There are 2 versions of the EM2 front sway. One is thicker than the other so be careful which one you order.

Or if you want to go cheap, just don't run any front sway. Turn in response will be a bit delayed but it will solve your rubbing problem.

rossirider
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=711936

Jax-dc5r
04-08-2013, 07:03 PM
The clearance issues I'm having are the raised part that is meant to clear my headers are not when using my ep3 sway bar!
My only issue with the em2 sway bar i have is that it's so small and is a down grade from ep3!

rossirider
04-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Thinner sway isn't necessary a downgrade. It all depends on how
You want the car to handle. If you want more understeer, put a thicker bar on the front. If you want the car to be more neutral or oversteer, thinner bar up front.

DaRKNT
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Thinner sway isn't necessary a downgrade. It all depends on how
You want the car to handle. If you want more understeer, put a thicker bar on the front. If you want the car to be more neutral or oversteer, thinner bar up front.

Some guys in the states run no FSB at all so they can trail brake better, I hear.