PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Euro (Dealer Warranty Repair List)

EuroAccord13
29-03-2005, 09:16 PM
With the amount of problems we have creeping up in our rides. I was wondering if those who had problems and have taken it down to the dealer for warranty repairs, please state the problem and dealership and the state you are in where the car was repaired. If possible, state any information that you think might be relevant to the repairs.. Dealer replies and advices etc, your actions etc..What happened in the end etc, was it covered? Was there alot of trouble to get it repaired under warranty etc...

I think it would really help us Euro owners who haven't had the problems or starting to have problems to better deal with them.. :)

CHEERS ALL
Nick

yfin
29-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Problem: Driver's window scratched badly on delivery - only noticed by me after windows tinted one week later.

State: Vic - Oakleigh Honda

Issue: Honda dealer said it was caused by tinters (Tint Professor). Tint Professor said they never used anything sharp on the window. The dealer obtained second opinion (Tint a Car next door - they tint the dealer cars). The owner of Tint a Car said in front of me and the dealer - he sees scratched windows from the dealership all the time. He said it is very common for windows to be scratched from factory and the tint makes the scratch obvious. I was so happy to hear him say that.

Outcome: dealer replaced window free of charge.

aaronng
29-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Problem: Creaking clutch and a notchy feeling halfway down the clutch travel

State: NSW - Rick Damelian

Issue: The creak only comes after 20 minutes of driving. The first time, the dealer lubricated the clutch pedal spring. Problem came back after 1 month. The 2nd time, dealer replaced master cylinder. It has been 2 months and the clutch is still quiet. My 1-2 shift grinds less and I can get into 1st gear when the car is moving slowly now.

Outcome: Dealer replaced master cylinder under warranty after the lubrication did not work.

baboo
30-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Problems: Scratched window tint & Creaking clutch

State: QLD - Austral Honda

Issue:
Window got scratched both front windows, have told the dealer that the scratches occurs from lack of felt.

Creaking clutch as in hearing squeeks & feel pulsation through the clutch pedal has become noticably @8500km, become worse @13000km. Told the dealer & showed the dealer the service bulletin from Acura.

Outcome:
Dealer replaced all 4 windows tints & add felt free of charge

Dealer replaced faulty master clutch cylinder free of charge

Faiz
30-03-2005, 11:06 AM
problems: Manual button to open boot stopped working. Wheel alignment? has been erhh bad :P

Dealer: Replaced the boot part and started working again, yet to see dealer for wheel thingi.

simpdogg
30-03-2005, 11:49 AM
HAHAHA Euro I was woried about Heathcote!!!! glad my car is problem free woden spoon is yours!!!!:D j/k

REV888
30-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Problem: As of a few hours ago window tint on front passaneger side seems to have peeled off or been striped some how badly :(

State: NSW - Hornsby Honda

Issue: Rang dealership car had already been booked for a Oil Change @ 5000km so will look at the tint issue as well on Friday

Outcome: Yet to be found.........

Pum[Z]
30-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Problem: Burnt Clutch

State: WA - Prestige Honda

Issue: Burnt clutch when it was raining real bad, had 4 passengers in the car, VSA turned off, and i gave the car a bit of a stick... Smell of burnt plastic fibres was evident and slipping of 1st & 2nd gears...

Outcome: Dealer replaced under warranty and gave a warning if the Clutch fails again it will be out of pocket expense...

euro77
30-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Problem: Middle storage console not working properly + scratches to window tint (all 4 windows)

State: VIC - Travis Honda

Issue: The middle tray (small ones) comes up with the big storage. All window tints on all four doors have scratches.

Outcome: Dealer fixed the middle console, and replaced all window tints on doors for free.

Coming soon: Burnt clutch...

simpdogg
30-03-2005, 04:16 PM
What do you guys ride the clutch????? im not having a go or anything, im just really amazed at the amount of clutch problems you seem to be having i wonder why its burning out so quick for a relative new car

aaronng
30-03-2005, 05:02 PM
What do you guys ride the clutch????? im not having a go or anything, im just really amazed at the amount of clutch problems you seem to be having i wonder why its burning out so quick for a relative new car
I suspect that most of us have the master cylinder problem, some worse, some just barely noticeable and some just live with it. The master cylinder fault leads to premature clutch wear, as an owner in the US was told by the dealer there after having it repaired.

simpdogg
30-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Cool as thanks for explaining

UNLS1
30-03-2005, 06:38 PM
ohh havnt seen anything bad from my dealer (Courtney & Patterson)

But if u have a prob with the service dtp please tell me and ill sort it out! We want nothing but happy customers :D

EuroAccord13
30-03-2005, 06:44 PM
ohh havnt seen anything bad from my dealer (Courtney & Patterson)

But if u have a prob with the service dtp please tell me and ill sort it out! We want nothing but happy customers :D

This is the type of people we want in the forum, with the type of attitude that will make me go to him when I buy my next Honda....

BTW, where is C&P Honda located? (PS. Have you checked for me the stuff I asked in PM?)

Peekay34
30-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Problem1 Petrol tank has a dent in it...asked by dealer has any one used a jack on this ???? answer no the car has less than 5K on it.

Resoultion New tank ordered on warranty yet to be replaced.

Problem2 Door or something near it rattling at 90+KM

resolution door will be looked at when petrol tank in for replacement.

Matell
30-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Problem: Clicking noise when pressing clutch

State: Queensland - Northside Honda

Issue: Clicking noise and slight sensation occurs on every depression of the clutch pedal past approx 3/8ths travel. Started as very feint then developed rapidly to being able to be heard with stereo on.

Outcome: Clutch switch found to be "Noisy" and replaced under warranty.

euro77
30-03-2005, 09:29 PM
This is the type of people we want in the forum, with the type of attitude that will make me go to him when I buy my next Honda....

BTW, where is C&P Honda located? (PS. Have you checked for me the stuff I asked in PM?)

I sure would go there, if it isn't far from my home :(

It's in Heidelberg btw.

bogan
30-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Problem: CD storage compartment sticks when trying to open

State: NSW - Rick Damelian

Issue: The CD storage compartment door wouldn't open when you press "OPEN"! Had to press open then hit the top of it.

Outcome: Replaced faulty storage compartment

UNLS1
31-03-2005, 10:05 AM

i have we have a new service manager and he has alot on his plate so it will be a while until i can do anything.
I will be asking my manager if i can sponsor the forums out of my own pocket soon......if i get a yes then i will org some kind of a discount for the forums...
But things like this take time as we are the 3rd best honda dealer in the country with a brand new state of the art 3mil service center and our showrooms are about to get a massive facelift so u can see there is alot goin on!

So be patient my friends.......

Cheers Jaymz

P.s i hope to come to a cruise soon and put some faces to names

VirIIx
31-03-2005, 10:19 AM

State: NSW - Larke Hoskins Rosebery // Larke @ Homebush // NSW - Eastwood Honda

Issue: Clutch started slipping in cruise control - within ONE week it came to the point where you could not drive the car safely as the clutch would only grip at the tip of the pedal on release. It would also slip in 2nd gear when accelerating..

Outcome: I had to fork out $1500 [$700 clutch + Labour] total in repairs as it was not covered (clutch is still to be examined by another party - and matters taken up with Honda directly). Fixed @ Larke Hoskins Rosebery (Main Dealer). Master Cylinder was fine apparently.

Honda Eastwood quoted me $2500 for the job - I told them to jump :)
Larke Hoskins in Hornsby, one of the mechanics did mention something about a Master Cylinder Clutch that could be a recall, and he did a few of them - but it wasn't official and Honda Australia denies everything.

Conclusion: I'm being a bit more careful with the new clutch, it feels a lot better than it did when the car was new, however all these problems from other people are making me think. So i'll sit back and watch.

baboo
31-03-2005, 10:32 AM
UNLS1,

Do you know of any other Euros owners suffers from clutch failure or faulty master cylinder that are not on this forum? there are tons of Euros out there.

Nikoy
31-03-2005, 01:20 PM
i have we have a new service manager and he has alot on his plate so it will be a while until i can do anything.
I will be asking my manager if i can sponsor the forums out of my own pocket soon......if i get a yes then i will org some kind of a discount for the forums...
But things like this take time as we are the 3rd best honda dealer in the country with a brand new state of the art 3mil service center and out showrooms about to get a massive facelift so u can see there is alot goin on!

So be patient my friends.......

Cheers Jaymz

P.s i hope to come to a cruise soon and put some faces to names

This is the type of great people you want working for honda.

If your in WA and after honda service or parts or a new or used honda PM me as my brother is a salesman for burswood honda.

aaronng
31-03-2005, 03:21 PM
The majority of Euros out there are auto though, with auto being the trend here in aussieland. But I guess you can make an estimate by counting the number of us with master cylinder problems and the total number of 6MT owners on this forum. Extrapolate for the number of 6MTs in Australia, then you'll get a rough number of Euros that might potentially have this problem. If it is large enough, then Honda might choose to recall rather than fix it on a per case basis.

UNLS1
31-03-2005, 04:42 PM
UNLS1,

Do you know of any other Euros owners suffers from clutch failure or faulty master cylinder that are not on this forum? there are tons of Euros out there.

yeah as another forumer stated, we dont sell that many manual euros at all. Every day i get new ones in the yard and 95% are auto.....if the customers do have probs with clutches they go to the service dept not me..

My dealer also offers another 3 year warranty 175,000k's if u keep using our dealer and ur a local!
So u end up with a 6 year one all up!
If anything goes wrong in our dealership warranty we will pay the first $2000 and the owner has to pay the rest...

Not the greatest deal on earth but not a bad one at all if ur local

-Jaymz

baboo
31-03-2005, 09:37 PM
dayynnnmm, I wish I was living in Melbourne!!

PNR888
01-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Baboo, what is clutch switch they replaced for you? So your creaking sound is not from master cylinder as what happened in Matell and aaronng's??

After viewing your posts about creaking sound, I noticed my clutch has creaking sound too. I am going for 30000km service next wednesday, want to find out from you guys whether if mine is from faulty master cylinder like in Matell and Aaronng's cases OR clutch switch problem like in Baboo's.

Maybe baboo or Matell can have a look my car before next wednesday, so I am better knowledged before I speak to service department.

PNR888
01-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Sorry guys, Just realized the previous post I wrote is in the wrong thread. so just ignore it.

I've post another one in "Creaking clutch pedal [Euro]". so please go there and provide your views.

sorry for the trouble.

jl88rl
02-04-2005, 12:25 AM
I talked to a couple of tinting companies. one quoted $320, another $180 for the same 35% tint. i rang back the $320 they told me that they have to replace something in the door that winds up n down the window so it doesnt scratch. Therefore, i still havent done the tints just waiting till i have more cash on me. But afterhearing the tinting problem ppl have had i realise that i will go to the $320 tinter.

Wheel alignment was gone after a week from dealer. Something seriously wrong with that. Mine slights to the left; which side does any of u guys experience?

EuroAccord13
02-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Tint Professor did a great job on mine following Yfin's recommendation, they charge like 265... Just walk in and tell them you are referred by a buddy. If By any chance they ask who.. mention any Accord Euros LOL!

Wheel alignment was gone after a week from dealer. Something seriously wrong with that. Mine slights to the left; which side does any of u guys experience?

Because of the configuration of the car being RHD and the side of the road we drive on, it's normal to have the car steer to the left slightly, but if it's too much, yes you need an alignment performed.. It's the same with LHD cars, it will steer slightly to the right.... Nothing to big to worry about...

PNR888
03-04-2005, 12:09 AM

Mine is quite straight..
if the road is sloping on LHS, then the car will go left slightly when you let go the steering wheel. but on flat road (eg, middle lane of multilane highway), it should go straight without deviation. esp when your car is new.

from my experience, when the tyres are half worn, LHS tyres usually wears more than RHS due to fast cornering right and uneven road surface happens more on kerb side (LHS) of the road. this will lead to left deviation too. I think.

EuroAccord13
13-04-2005, 06:16 PM
UPDATE:

Took the car to Eastern Honda [Melbourne] to have the clutch looked at, was the Clutch Master Cylinder needs to be replaced and they ordered the part in and booked me in yet again for next Tuesday...

Everything went smoothly, had a great chat with them about the issue and they had it checked out straightaway no questions asked and came back to me within an hour to report the fault..

aaronng
13-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Yay!!! Chalk up another win for the Euro owners! My 6 month service is coming up, I'll be getting them to look/hear at the metallic tapping sound when I go over bumps.

Peekay34
13-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Yay my petrol tank has arrived and will be fitted on Friday.

yfin
17-04-2005, 04:50 PM
New problem - CD compartment doesn't open and close properly. Anyone had this issue?

EuroAccord13
17-04-2005, 04:55 PM
New problem - CD compartment doesn't open and close properly. Anyone had this issue?

You mean the center console? My top console (flat bed one) doesn't hold when I open to access it.... :(

yfin
17-04-2005, 04:56 PM
You mean the center console? My top console (flat bed one) doesn't hold when I open to access it.... :(

Yes - the large centre console with the PUSH in chrome. Once it is closed it is VERY difficult to open (and there is nothing in there).

EuroAccord13
17-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Yes - the large centre console with the PUSH in chrome. Once it is closed it is VERY difficult to open (and there is nothing in there).

Ahh.. Mine doesn't open up all the time LOL..

But I'm talking about the center compartment with the pull out driver arm rest, that flat bed bit doesn't hold on anymore LOL...

I'm gonna report it again to my dealer and demand a change because the last time I checked with them, they said it's normal and then one Euro owner here managed to get it replaced...

yfin
17-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Ahh.. Mine doesn't open up all the time LOL..

But I'm talking about the center compartment with the pull out driver arm rest, that flat bed bit doesn't hold on anymore LOL...

I'm gonna report it again to my dealer and demand a change because the last time I checked with them, they said it's normal and then one Euro owner here managed to get it replaced...

The dealer said it was normal? lol The thing doesn't hold closed? My flat bed compartment seems to hold fine although I usually keep it open most of the time. That should be replaced.

euro77
17-04-2005, 05:25 PM
I had mine fixed under warranty, but it's the centre console where the arm rest can be pulled out.

With the cd compartment, I just found out 2 days ago that there's a small vertical divider inside on the back wall near the top. It holds 4 standard cd case, or 6 slim cd case on the left side.

back to topic... mine still open and close fine.

bogan
17-04-2005, 07:16 PM

yfin - yep - similar problem with my CD compartment. Get it fixed under warranty.

yfin
17-04-2005, 07:24 PM
yfin - yep - similar problem with my CD compartment. Get it fixed under warranty.

Well - wouldn't you know - mine just fixed itself and opens and closes again.

**update - new issue - condensation in headlight - has lasted a few days. Will show dealer at service this week.

cleary
26-05-2006, 04:20 PM
State: NSW - Griffith City Motors

Problem 1
Problem: Front windows have faint scratch marks all over the inside, make loud squeeling noise occasionally when winding windows up and down

Issue: Rang Tinting place to get a quote, they said they can't give me a lifetime warranty on the Euro unless I change the window rubbers. They offered to do it for free if I provide the new rubbers -

Outcome: It was a warranty issue, so I went back to the dealer and explained the two options. Either they fix it and lose a 1/2 day in labour + the cost of parts, or they give me four softer window rubbers and the tinting place will do it. I have four new window rubbers on the back seat ready to be installed next tuesday by the tinting place :)

Problem 2
Problem: Drivers seat creaks in the centre of the backrest when I sit in it

Issue: Dealer said that some of the upholstery in the seat must have come away (I'm not to blame here either - 6'2" ~85kgs so by no outside normal size/weight range)

Outcome: Dealer said they would book me into the upholsterer when possible to get the seat repaired. 1-2 months on and still now word back, so I need to follow it up again.

timmy_12
26-05-2006, 04:54 PM
**update - new issue - condensation in headlight - has lasted a few days. Will show dealer at service this week.

same issue has happend with mine and a mates car both headlights and the lower centre of the car side

i can never remember to tell honda when i take the car in and i have photo evidence too

i tried to upload pics for you all but it keeps failing looks like the old imagination will have to do this time

primetimex
26-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Problem 2
Problem: Drivers seat creaks in the centre of the backrest when I sit in it

Issue: Dealer said that some of the upholstery in the seat must have come away (I'm not to blame here either - 6'2" ~85kgs so by no outside normal size/weight range)

Outcome: Dealer said they would book me into the upholsterer when possible to get the seat repaired. 1-2 months on and still now word back, so I need to follow it up again.

On my previous 2003 Euro, I had the exact same problem, driver seat was creaking in the centre and I'm only 65kgs 5'6" - so I'm not big either so I think this problem maybe more common on the Euro than your dealer might think. I never got mine looked it - got used to it along with other creaks and squeaks that are particular to Accord Euro's :)

primetimex
26-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Problem: '03 Euro had "whining noise" from the A/C unit whenever it's turned on hot or cold and progressively got worse over time

Cause: Noisy TX Valve that had to be replaced

Solution: TX Valve will be replaced under warranty - although it is a big job as I understand it is just behind the passenger compartment side

Omotesando
26-05-2006, 06:19 PM
That creaking noise on the centre of the drivers seat - I don't normally have that but if I change the back-support angle to certain angles, it can creak a little bit. But no problems at the current angle I've set it on!

With Headlight with condensation - are they normal or HID lights?

timmy_12
27-05-2006, 09:05 AM
With Headlight with condensation - are they normal or HID lights?

mine is a STD with normal halogen headlights and it gets it
Mates is LXY with HID and it happens in that as well

http://www.coastcars.net/phpBB2/files/eurohlight1.jpghttp://www.coastcars.net/phpBB2/files/euro_hlight2.jpg

Omotesando
27-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Its even worst in the friend's LUX than yours ? :(
I wonder if they just blow it dry and then put a better seal somewhere :S

I think I'm lucky. My rattles than I initially complained of are all gone. Nothing wrong with the car for now, except for the timing chain noise once in a while.

BiLL|z0r
28-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Dealer:
Gold Coast Honda Southport

Problem 1:
Creaking from rear mainly on off camber turns and going up driveways/gutters.

Resolution:
They lubed and tighened all rear suspension components. OK for a week. Took car back 2 weeks later, they did they same thing again and was OK for a week again. Was about to call them back a few days later when it fixed itself and haven't heard it since.

Problem 2:
Clunking from right front suspension when driving up driveways.

Resolution:
Dealer tightened and lubed front sussy on 2nd visit of getting rear sussy looked at. Didn't fix it but funnily enough when the rear fixed itself so did the front. Go figure.

euro69
29-05-2006, 05:56 PM
DEALER: Peter Warren (Liverpool)
PROBLEM: scratches on all 4 window tint. front mostly.

OUTCOME: Dealer will not fix/replace it and said that its not there problem. Dealer said that tint was to dark and thick. Window tinting place said all tints are the same thickness

what to do?????

timmy_12
29-05-2006, 07:16 PM
DEALER: Peter Warren (Liverpool)
PROBLEM: scratches on all 4 window tint. front mostly.

OUTCOME: Dealer will not fix/replace it and said that its not there problem. Dealer said that tint was to dark and thick. Window tinting place said all tints are the same thickness

what to do?????

take the matter above the dealer to higher management and be strong and firm with them it's honda's ****up

yfin
29-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Did the dealer organise the tint for you or did you organise it separate to the car sale?

Jazzle
30-05-2006, 11:30 AM
i dont understand y ur not getting warranty on this.. obviously a manufacturing problem. guess wat.. i hate larke hoskins

State: NSW - Larke Hoskins Rosebery // Larke @ Homebush // NSW - Eastwood Honda

Issue: Clutch started slipping in cruise control - within ONE week it came to the point where you could not drive the car safely as the clutch would only grip at the tip of the pedal on release. It would also slip in 2nd gear when accelerating..

Outcome: I had to fork out $1500 [$700 clutch + Labour] total in repairs as it was not covered (clutch is still to be examined by another party - and matters taken up with Honda directly). Fixed @ Larke Hoskins Rosebery (Main Dealer). Master Cylinder was fine apparently.

Honda Eastwood quoted me $2500 for the job - I told them to jump :)
Larke Hoskins in Hornsby, one of the mechanics did mention something about a Master Cylinder Clutch that could be a recall, and he did a few of them - but it wasn't official and Honda Australia denies everything.

Conclusion: I'm being a bit more careful with the new clutch, it feels a lot better than it did when the car was new, however all these problems from other people are making me think. So i'll sit back and watch.

panda[cRx]
30-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I sure would go there, if it isn't far from my home :(

It's in Heidelberg btw.
dude we're victoria's best service dealer AND we pick up your car for you! (sif think of goin elsewhere :p)

if you have any problems with the car man PM me or gimme a call at work :thumbsup:

if anyone has any legitimate warranty concerns with their car their dealer should have no problems repairing/replacing the items as they get paid by honda for warranty work.

i won't go into all items listed here but tint is a relatively common problem in a cars however your dealer should not have a problem repairing it (if done thru them at delivery)

if anyone in melb is unhappy with how their dealer is treating them then come over to us at Travis Honda and I'll look after you (i'm in the service dept. PM for details :))

we look after some of ozhonda melb's sexiest vehicles ;)

euro69
04-06-2006, 07:33 PM
i got the tints organised by myself not honda. But its the same sub-contractors that honda uses. Even the tint guy say that the films are all the same thickness. Doesnt matter how dark you get it done.

Entity
04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Problems:
1. notorious rear left creek
2. boot leaking oil

State: NSW - Collins Honda

Issue:
as above

Outcome:
dealer fixed the noise with lubricant

the boot was just replaced during a schedualed service, i didnt know about it and they fixed it for me by themselves.

Ronin 09
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
AFAIK they replace the whole moisture affected headlight assembly... they did with mine

Suntzu
06-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Problem: Gearbox whine off throttle, on throttle.

Dealer: Looked at it and acknowledged. Will examine again at next service.

Its really annoying me now even tho most people cant hear it. Mines doen 20 000km.

falco
06-08-2006, 08:30 PM
03 Euro Luxury, condensation in passenger headlight (HIDS)
Dealer had two goes at replacing and finally got it right.

Wheel alignment was way out from factory but unfortunately nobody noticed (including me)

SecaBoy
07-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Dealer:
Austral Honda (Brisbane)

Problem:
Brand new 06 Luxury Euro...
Really bad FM reception... and its very intermittent... comes and goes as it pleases... :?

Resolution:
who knows!?!?! its still 'getting fixed'... after being back there twice to get 'fixed', its still farked!
first they replaced the amplifer for the antenna signal, then they replaced the inline connector behind the dash for the antenna... both times it got slightly better, and then progressively worse...

going back to honda for the third time, so hopefully it will be fixed this time... :(

xiang
08-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Problem: Scratched tint, creaky clutch, creaky arm rest, condensation in head light, poping sound when steering wheel turned.

Dealer: Colin's Honda NSW.

Outcome: Tint replaced under warrenty, and scratched again a week later.
Clutch just lubed up, creaking back again.
Arm rest replaced.
Condensation still haven't had that looked at yet.
Loose nut tightened somewhere in car. They didn't go into detail.

Woogler
08-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Problem:
Scratched tint
Fix:
Refunded tint cost and go sort it myself!
Outcome: Ongoing experimentation with local tint company! May finally have solution after 3 attempts.

Problem:
Steering pulls to the right
Fix:
None known
Outcome:
Honda investigating fault with their engineers and Bridgestone. Many other dealers have complained of same problem. Much waiting....

sports06
09-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Perth

Problem:
Oil leak between engine and gearbox

Fix:
Getting worked on by dealer

Outcome: Will edit this when completed

Ian of lugarno
11-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I thought you may like to know that my '04 has just had it's 40,000 km service and the only problem was the outside temp reading which was rectified under warranty.

The car hasn't been treated lightly as I like to work the 6mt to the max - you know being a biker, can't help my self. Had the car cover 400 metres in just under 16 sec and over 220 kph (according to the clock).

The Euro is better than my previous new BMW.

As I only keep cars for 2 years (business write-off), it's due for an up-date. The options have been reduced to another Euro (with nat) or the basic Lexus IS250.

Cheers
Ian

Jaso
12-08-2006, 08:31 PM
G'day Ian.

Nothing against the Euro but definatly consider the IS250 "Presteige"; it certainly isnt a "poverty pack" Lexus. Go check them both out.

Just my two cents.

ant234
15-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Problem:
Creak from the rear quarter panel when go over bumps

Fix:
Took it to Eastern Honda (MELB) 3 times and didn't get it fix. They're a really great bunch of people tho... which was a bit disappointed. They did offer me a car for the day plus VIP discount.

Outcome:
Took it to a dealership in Canberra (Capital Honda) and they fixed it.

Problem:
Scratch tint

Fix:
Since I got the car (& tint) from Captial Honda, I had to go back there. Ignored me for 3 1/2 months now. Everytime I called the front desk, the lady responsible for sign off is not available to talk. And never called back. I'm THIS close to scream at them as I don't have that much time to call them over and over again.

Outcome:
Called again today... was told to wait for her to call back. Is there a complaint area for Honda direct?

cassius
17-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Dealer:
Austral Honda (Brisbane)

Problem:
Brand new 06 Luxury Euro...
Really bad FM reception... and its very intermittent... comes and goes as it pleases... :?

Resolution:
who knows!?!?! its still 'getting fixed'... after being back there twice to get 'fixed', its still farked!
first they replaced the amplifer for the antenna signal, then they replaced the inline connector behind the dash for the antenna... both times it got slightly better, and then progressively worse...

going back to honda for the third time, so hopefully it will be fixed this time... :(

Had same issue, service tried to fix with same efforts as your dealer, eventually got the rear windscreen replaced under warranty and now reception is much better. Was told they had to order the screen from honda and they are not cheap. They said something close to 2k but im a bit suspicious that a rear screen would cost that much. Anyway good luch getting it sorted out.

REV888
19-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Problem:
Front brakes when cold would squeel like crazy & when hot would shudder from time to time and loose slight braking power too.

Fix:
Had this problem since 18,000km 1st time round dealer replaced brake pads and machined discs, 2nd time round after 29,000km they finally did the right thing and replaced the front discs & pads to all new

Outcome:
Took it to a dealership in North Sydney and they fixed it at long last took 2 attempts.

Problem:
Water seaps into the cabin through drivers door

Fix:
Dealer ship will replace all seals on all doors seem they were installed faulty back in japan!

Outcome:
Parts on order from Melbourne ! Dont they have any in Sydney ???

yfin
19-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Problem:
Front brakes when cold would squeel like crazy & when hot would shudder from time to time and loose slight braking power too.

Fix:
Had this problem since 18,000km 1st time round dealer replaced brake pads and machined discs, 2nd time round after 29,000km they finally did the right thing and replaced the front discs & pads to all new

Aren't you lucky - free new rotors and pads at 29,000! They could have easily given you the old line of "brake pads are not covered by warranty", etc. You have a good dealer there :thumbsup:

REV888
19-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Aren't you lucky - free new rotors and pads at 29,000! They could have easily given you the old line of "brake pads are not covered by warranty", etc. You have a good dealer there :thumbsup:

Yeah they are a great dealer very happy with there service all round. Very proffesional.

I,m sure a new set of discs would be pretty $$

How much are a set of front OEM discs worth ?

yfin
19-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Yeah they are a great dealer very happy with there service all round. Very proffesional.

I,m sure a new set of discs would be pretty $$

How much are a set of front OEM discs worth ?
I don't know exactly - but as a guide on ebay the US dealers sell the front rotors for the TSX for $190AUD.

So Aussie dealers are probably $300+. I think you did very well considering rotor warpage can be caused with ordinary driving (see here for examples http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/041208.htm)

I also remember reading one article saying that even a puddle of water after a long trip on a highway then applying the brakes can cause it. Not sure how likely that is.

Either way - to get it covered by warranty is kudos to Honda.

panda[cRx]
19-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Fix:
Took it to Eastern Honda (MELB) 3 times and didn't get it fix. They're a really great bunch of people tho... which was a bit disappointed. They did offer me a car for the day plus VIP discount.

the first positive comment i've ever heard about their service dept.... but hey good for you :thumbsup:

the only reason they covered it coz it's a 'relatively' common issue with some of the euros, the usual procedure is to machine the discs and replace the pads.... but as that didn't work the first time that's why they replaced the discs for him

EuroAccord13
14-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Problem: Center Console/ Screen light/ Controls lights Busted!!!
As linkied to the American TSX by AaronNg, a bulletin was released by Acura over this fault..

Called Honda Dealer, they told me there is no such bulletin which is fair enough. The Irony of it all was he was so confident in saying that the TSX and Accord Euros are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS....... Right....... and finished it off by saying confidently, it's just a fuse!.. I've checked, my isn't a fuse problem :(

No time to fix now LOL!!!!!!

EuroDude
14-09-2006, 07:25 PM
1,000km Service - Secure Middle BrakeLight loosened by SolarTint

10,000km Service - Grease up squeaky Clutch Pedal

12,xxxkm ... nothing major so far :)

fraqqie
20-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Problem: Center Console/ Screen light/ Controls lights Busted!!!
I've checked, my isn't a fuse problem :([/B]

buddy my heart sank like an iron anchor last night when my lights went out too...

im praying that its just a fuse but apparently when some little device that manages the lights go bye bye...so does the whole radio

warranty finished just over a month ago... bit of a dilemma ere...

any potential fixes anyone?

thanks in adv!

aaronng
20-09-2006, 11:40 PM
buddy my heart sank like an iron anchor last night when my lights went out too...

im praying that its just a fuse but apparently when some little device that manages the lights go bye bye...so does the whole radio

warranty finished just over a month ago... bit of a dilemma ere...

any potential fixes anyone?

thanks in adv!
Go back to your dealer and see if they will fix it out of goodwill. 1 month is not that much out. It is a faulty component too

MezSportz
24-09-2006, 06:49 PM
State: Dubbo, NSW

I brought my brand new honda euro sportz off the showroom floor.

Upon inspection after taking the car home i found a black hair sprayed into the paintwork of my front left passenger door.

I was furious, as being a showroom car, it show be fault free and I am sure the dealers knew about it but being a girl thinking that I wouldn't notice tried to push it off to me as they had another one on the way.

I returned to the dealer and they paid to remove the hair.

I was very dissapointed with honda as they are known for their well-finished cars. I am also dissapointed with the dealer as I feel I have been ripped off and their after sales service is pretty bad.

Ferrarista
24-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Problem:Creaking noise when taking off, comming from Clutch/Gearbox area

Fix:Under warranty, ended up being a 'thrust bearing' problem where it was getting jammed.

ngupil
16-11-2006, 11:02 PM
last week, i felt that the handling of my euro doesnt feel right. when i took off the wheel, i realized that the suspension is leaking. the car just has less than 13k on the clock, and it is 1 1/2 years old. if i go to the dealer, does this covered under the warranty??

yfin
16-11-2006, 11:57 PM
last week, i felt that the handling of my euro doesnt feel right. when i took off the wheel, i realized that the suspension is leaking. the car just has less than 13k on the clock, and it is 1 1/2 years old. if i go to the dealer, does this covered under the warranty??
any mods to the suspension (eg springs) or rims? Could potentially be a problem if you have changed anything. This shouldn't happen if your car is stock so it would be covered.

TypeG
17-11-2006, 10:37 AM
any mods to the suspension (eg springs) or rims? Could potentially be a problem if you have changed anything. This shouldn't happen if your car is stock so it would be covered.

if u do, change it back to stock and go back to the dealer

_CiVIC_
17-11-2006, 10:55 AM
where is this cd storage compartment everyone is talking about???

I'm yet to find it LOL!

euro77
17-11-2006, 12:21 PM
if u do, change it back to stock and go back to the dealer sometimes this won't work if you had serviced the car before with them and your car is already modified. The dealer would have recorded it in their system.

tron07
17-11-2006, 05:03 PM
where is this cd storage compartment everyone is talking about???

I'm yet to find it LOL!

Its just the center console, above the ash try at the center console. The console got a small "fin" at the rear to make the CD stand.... like a book holder thingy.

ngupil
18-11-2006, 09:01 PM
sometimes this won't work if you had serviced the car before with them and your car is already modified. The dealer would have recorded it in their system.

what if i go to another dealer?? hehehe

BIGBLUE
18-11-2006, 10:19 PM
So who is the BEST Dealer in Sydney with the right attitude for Honda service(and warranty claims)?

sendok
21-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm also feels a bit worried with any Honda dealer to serviced my Honda. I dont know why.. coz I cannot be with my Honda when the service is done... how about you guyz? Is there any Honda service in Victoria which we can believe?

_CiVIC_
22-11-2006, 01:40 PM
hrmm not sure if these are problems, but i will let honda know on the 1000km service.

The passenger side dash.. where the airbag deploys from, you can see the indent of the opening.. not sure if thats right..

and yesterday while i was driving with the missuz in the passenger seat, a warning chime went off with a pic of a seat and an air bag looking thing next to it... not sure if thats right either... the missuz was leaning forward looking in the glovebox at the time, so I don't know if thats associated with the warning, as possibly the seatbelt was stretched to a point where the car felt was unsafe?

=/ concerned...

aaronng
22-11-2006, 02:10 PM
^^ that's normal. If it was not thin, the airbag cover wouldn't tear and you'd have a faceful of dashboard (which is only held on by clips).

And the airbag chime comes on because your missus was leaning in the seat. It warns you so you know it won't deploy the airbag when your missus is in an unsafe position.

_CiVIC_
22-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Aaron you legend. :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
22-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Aaron you legend. :thumbsup:

The legend is the manual... Read the FREAKING MANUAL :p :p and you my boy will be a legend too :D

_CiVIC_
22-11-2006, 03:42 PM
The legend is the manual... Read the FREAKING MANUAL :p :p and you my boy will be a legend too :D

LOLLLLLLLLL
Thank you sen say *bows*

LOL!

^__^ SM ^__^
29-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Yay!!! Chalk up another win for the Euro owners! My 6 month service is coming up, I'll be getting them to look/hear at the metallic tapping sound when I go over bumps.

Hi Aaron,

Did you find out what was wrong with your car? Does this metallic tapping sound come from the steering wheel/speedo area?

Thanks.

aaronng
29-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi Aaron,

Did you find out what was wrong with your car? Does this metallic tapping sound come from the steering wheel/speedo area?

Thanks.

Wow, that's old. But yeah. They fixed it. It was the rear parcel shelf that was flexing when going over bumps. The fix was slightly moving the metal and filling the gap with grease. I can do the fix for you if you have the problem and located in Sydney. :)

industrie
10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
the power steering squeeks when i turn it left or right...and the shocks slightly squeek as well...kinda wierd for a brand new car....have to contact the dealer about it

BIGBLUE
10-12-2006, 08:15 PM
So who is the BEST Dealer in Sydney with the right attitude for Honda service(and warranty claims)?

any answers ??? Who is really happy with a Sydney Honda service centre?

Duddles
10-12-2006, 10:57 PM
not realllyy..

Entity
11-12-2006, 06:05 AM
when i changed my front left wheel, i noticed a minor oil leak... is this covered by warranty?

aaronng
11-12-2006, 10:03 AM
when i changed my front left wheel, i noticed a minor oil leak... is this covered by warranty?

Oil leak, yes.

ZYL11A
13-12-2006, 12:56 PM

One place that I wont suggest is Peter Warren Honda at Warwick Farm. I used to take it there because its near my work and I can get picked up and dropped off there by my work collegues.

I took it there for a service and they ended up damaging my front bar, they had to respray the whole bar. I was without my car for 3 days.

They gave me a CRV Sport Auto to drive around in which I had to thrash. LOL Redline in neutral and drop it into drive. Fuel economy was bad, 120 k's to a full tank (probably cause I thrashed it that much).

Needless to say I wouldnt take my car back there ever again.

tony1234
13-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Collins Honda in Rockdale.Great service reasonable service charges.:thumbsup:

Petronas
20-03-2007, 11:56 AM
They gave me a CRV Sport Auto to drive around in which I had to thrash. LOL Redline in neutral and drop it into drive. Fuel economy was bad, 120 k's to a full tank (probably cause I thrashed it that much).

Needless to say I wouldnt take my car back there ever again.

LOL... :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
20-03-2007, 12:31 PM

Then again, If someone working for them reads this and finds out what you did.. They can probably come after you if the CRV ends up having problems...

I suggest you do not talk about things like this in future... :)

Euro 05 Project
16-10-2007, 11:50 PM

Since 30000k i have complained of brake shuder, i complained hard enough and printed the quotes from this forum...result sent to honda for assement ..they agreed to replace both front and rear rotars, and pads for free!! DONT give up or take no for an answer just complain and complain again until they fix they issues!

mmmsxc
17-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Problem: Brake shuddering problems when i brake at speeds over 80km/h.

Resolution: Bastards at the dealer couldn't locate anything and told me to come back when the problem is occurring more. how ridiculous is that? taking my car out next week again, to see what they say this time. my car is only on 25 000kms.

Suntzu
17-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I lost the lead wheel balance weights on one wheel when i clipped a gutter. It made the car shudder through the fronts at over 80kph. Easy fixed by balancing the wheel. Might be worth a try...

aaronng
17-10-2007, 01:45 PM
^^ He said it happens when he is braking.

Suntzu
17-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Mine only shuddered under brakes with front right unbalanced. Perfectly fine at speed.

aaronng
17-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Ahh, I see.

lord_visionz
18-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Issue: Drivers side not opening through immobiliser
Resolution: Covered under warranty, drivers side central locking system replaced. Done 50,000kms, 2005 model Euro.

Also, When i went to them with the problem, they told me there was a recall on my model euros since the headlight was sweating/condensation inside. And got that replaced and fixed by them aswell.

LXRY
11-11-2007, 12:47 AM
50,000 klm's

1) Got my battery replaced, found to be faulty.
2) 1 hinge strap for right hand passenger door

chris315
04-05-2008, 05:00 PM
problem- manual gear lever vibrates during 2k rpm range.

result- dealer changed the plastic block under warranty, as it was somehow worn and the engine vibration amplified the sideways play in the stick.

note- dealer found previous owner damaged front bumper mounting (some kind of light impact) and initially refused to honor all warranty, but came around after a stern talking to. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif
:p

LXRY
18-07-2008, 10:58 PM
New Steering Rack.......squeeling when car stationary

The X Man
19-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Ekk, my Euro is a week old and i have some issues that need looking at..

1) The sunroof seal (outside) looks like it's 10 years old and is faded and peeling in some places.

2) The clutch delivers a creaking sensation when pressed and released.

3) The wiper blades are horribly noisey when used.

Now i have had tiniting done today and cannot open the windows for a few days or so but based on what i have read here it sounds like they will scratch. What do i need to do to prevent this?

LXRY
19-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Ekk, my Euro is a week old and i have some issues that need looking at..

1) The sunroof seal (outside) looks like it's 10 years old and is faded and peeling in some places.

2) The clutch delivers a creaking sensation when pressed and released.

3) The wiper blades are horribly noisey when used.

Now i have had tiniting done today and cannot open the windows for a few days or so but based on what i have read here it sounds like they will scratch. What do i need to do to prevent this?

Regarding tint you have to wait till they scratch then tell them you want window trims replaced with felt....just let them know that you have been to this forum anf you knoe that it is a common problem, you shouldn't have any issues with them replacing them if you arm yourself with this information from here....do a search on tint scratching very useful.

Sunroof has issues with seal aswell......can get squeeky, if old looking and peeling ask for replacement, once they replace it keep it lubed yourself using silicon grease or good quality marine grease, hope this helps.

As for the wiper blades and noise ask to get them replaced as your car is fairly new shouldn't be doing this from new.

good luck

BiLL|z0r
19-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Front Passenger side lock not opening, resolution they changed the lock mechanism on that door.

Whoop sound from air con, they "eventually" changed the Tx valve.

LXRY
14-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Audio Head unit replaced under warranty at 70,000klms. Error message then cd player failed to work.

tony1234
14-08-2008, 09:08 PM
LXRY,you've had more than your fair share of warranty claims.:thumbdwn:

LXRY
15-08-2008, 05:32 PM
LXRY,you've had more than your fair share of warranty claims.:thumbdwn:

Tell me about it.....only 70,000klm what's to come of the other 70,000klm's ????

The X Man
15-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I have had the sunroof completley replaced and the wiper blades replaced = all good here but i'm now rattles popping up already (1100kms). There is an annoying one on the RHS up top between the airbag cover (A Pillar) and roof lining that the dealer is refusing to acknowledge. The LHS does is sometimes also. Sometimes i hear the dash creak too.

They also dismissed the clutch pedal whereas it feels like it's scraping something when you press it in/out. They reckon it's normal but sometimes it seems intermittent (any ideas?). The brake pedal feels a little loose (sloppy) too.

Despite the dealer telling me the Honda a fantastic built car and that i will never have issues i am starting to beleive i made the wrong choice.

Euro08Jaz
16-08-2008, 01:46 AM
i have the same problem with the creaking clutch, i love how they ignore it. but be persistent! the euro is a great car minus the bugs. if they still fail to acknowledge contact honda and put some pressure on them, i mean ive tried to be polite and understanding but im not out to make friends and if i have to be wanker to get my car fixed i will.

The X Man
16-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I took a look today and the excuse that it's the cruise control switch is a crock. The switch does not even touch the pedal assembly immediately after pressing in the clutch pedal and all it can be is the clutch master cylinder, there is nothing else there.

The service manager at my local honda dealer must be smoking pot to have even devised such a BS excuse for the issue.

I'll talk to Honda themselves Monday and see what they say. I'll also mention the BS lies the dealer is telling me.

Suntzu
16-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Mine had a tiny squeak in the clutch. I just mentioned to it to my dealer in passing. Becasue I heard it "can" be a big issue and my car was nearly out of warranty.Brand new clutch master assembly when I picked the car up . Didnt even press the issue.

Piss off that dealer and get a new one for all your business.

Because they did this I bought another 2 year extended warranty of the dealer. And they know I have mods, no issue.

LXRY
17-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I have had the sunroof completley replaced and the wiper blades replaced = all good here but i'm now rattles popping up already (1100kms). There is an annoying one on the RHS up top between the airbag cover (A Pillar) and roof lining that the dealer is refusing to acknowledge. The LHS does is sometimes also. Sometimes i hear the dash creak too.

They also dismissed the clutch pedal whereas it feels like it's scraping something when you press it in/out. They reckon it's normal but sometimes it seems intermittent (any ideas?). The brake pedal feels a little loose (sloppy) too.

Despite the dealer telling me the Honda a fantastic built car and that i will never have issues i am starting to beleive i made the wrong choice.

Unfortunately Honda are aware of all issues relating to all defects of the euro. It boils down to warranty wording *If it still works regardless of noises then they are told by Honda australia not too fix it.

"Isn't it great when things just work, but you will hear noises".

You will hear many excuses as they are told what too say by honda australia regarding all issues. Some advice to you is go back and complain again and again and again, make sure everytime you go back ask for invoice or paperwork with all the problems "listed" no matter if they havn't fixed the problems.

Tell your dealer you aware of all problems related to your car and you are not the only one with these issues. (Do your homework, use the search function and read !!)

Even consider popping into another dealership to see if they can deal with problems, not all dealers are the same as I have learnt. Once you have tried through your dealership then contact Honda australia.

Over time you will be sent a survey make sure you list all complaints you have with dealership and the product you bought off honda, this Honda Aust. can't do anything about because it goes to a third party.

Be persitant.......Hope this helps

unity
17-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Do dealers in Australia honour repairs & fixes documented in TSX TSB's from the USA even though they haven't been acknowledged by Honda Australia?

Mike Star
18-08-2008, 12:05 AM
G'day Ian.

Nothing against the Euro but definatly consider the IS250 "Presteige"; it certainly isnt a "poverty pack" Lexus. Go check them both out.

Just my two cents.

IS 250. If you are 180cm or more it's difficult to get a comfortable seating position relative to wheel and pedals, No rear leg room, crap boot, centre console is a bulky joke IMO
Why pay much more for less???

LXRY
18-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Do dealers in Australia honour repairs & fixes documented in TSX TSB's from the USA even though they haven't been acknowledged by Honda Australia?

Same car don't see why not......have you found something that relates to your car? It makes it harder for them to bullshit if you have other documentation like tsx tsb's of course but whether they are obliged to fix your car cause you have american tsb's.....hmmmm ????.....alot of the warranty repairs here in Australia are the same as the one's in america.

power_of_dreams
18-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I took a look today and the excuse that it's the cruise control switch is a crock. The switch does not even touch the pedal assembly immediately after pressing in the clutch pedal and all it can be is the clutch master cylinder, there is nothing else there.

The service manager at my local honda dealer must be smoking pot to have even devised such a BS excuse for the issue.

I'll talk to Honda themselves Monday and see what they say. I'll also mention the BS lies the dealer is telling me.

That's the clicking. The creaking is a different issue all together. I went in to get the clicking sorted and came out with the creaking.

unity
18-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Same car don't see why not......have you found something that relates to your car? It makes it harder for them to bullshit if you have other documentation like tsx tsb's of course but whether they are obliged to fix your car cause you have american tsb's.....hmmmm ????.....alot of the warranty repairs here in Australia are the same as the one's in america.

Hi, nothing specific to my car but there are lots of TSBs posted on the internet. I posted this one a few weeks ago which has a fix for rattling front windows
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/b080200.PDF

But totally agree with you that it gives you some ammunition when you have to raise an issue with the service guys.
If anyone has the front window rattles take in this TSB and see if the dealer honours it.

The X Man
19-08-2008, 11:21 PM
That's the clicking. The creaking is a different issue all together. I went in to get the clicking sorted and came out with the creaking.

Do you go back again? The clicking is very inconsistent and comes and goes all the time.

Anyone got a rattle between the roof lining and front airbag covers? Sounds like a loose wire on both sides near your head?

ticklenow1
20-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I must say that after reading this thread I am not suprised by any of it at all. My Local dealer is nothing short of shocking. I drive to Brisbane to get my Euro serviced now as the Gold Coast dealer is a joke..... Where to begin.....

It took them 3 goes to finally admit that they had to replace the clutch master cylinder. I just kept on taking it back. They must realise that this takes valuable time out of people's days. It is not easy to get time off work to take your car in on a weekday.

I had a noise in the clutch every now and then. I complained about it, but I have to admit that intermittant noises are very hard to find. Anyway, as soon as it ran out of warranty (of course), it got worse. They diagnosed it as a noisy spigot bearing. I said that it was reported whilist still in warranty and it had been documented a couple of times. The service manager said "too bad it is out of warranty and there is nothing that I can do". After many complaints I gave up. It cost me $1300 to get fixed (I did get the clutch replaced while the box was out as it was about half worn). The dealer in Brisbane (Austral) said that it still should have been fixed (even though out of warranty) as it is not a common problem, but one that is well documented. The fact that I complained about it (starting at 50k) meant that it still should have been covered under warranty.

The same dealer serviced my car, charged me for wheel balancing, but didn't do it. How do I know this you ask? Well they rotated the tyres and when I got the car back, at 100klm/hr the steering wheel shook so bad I had to sit on 90 on the M1. People giving you dirty looks all the time is not good. I took it back the next morning and I sat there for almost 3 hours. After an hour and a half I asked what the hell was going on. They said that their balancing machine had broken down and that the car had been sent away to get done. I suggested to the Service Manager that maybe the machine was broken the day before. He strenuously denied it. What did he take me for.

There were other problems but my blood is starting to boil just thinking about it so I won't bore anyone with them.

The general quality of their servicing is poor (Gold Coast Honda dealers) and their customer relations are pathetic.

I have now bought a 2008 Mazda 6 wagon and the dealer is amazing. The rear tail ight fogged up a couple of times (it doesn't do it now) but they are replacing the light anyway, no questions asked.

I love my Euro and I would have bought a new one but I was fed up with driving to Brissie to get it serviced as the Gold Coast dealers weren't getting any more of my hard earned. So I changed brands and bought a Mazda, very dissapointing to have to do so.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the individual dealers. If you get a good one then you are very lucky. If you get a shocker then the whole experience of owning a new car (no matter what make) is a bit of a downer. I am convinced that Honda make a good car, actually, a very good car but they are severely let down by individual dealers. I did not buy another Honda based solely on my experiences with the Gold Coast dealer. This is a shame. I hope that Honda do something about it.

To all the Euro owners, you are lucky, they are a beaut car to drive.

LXRY
20-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I must say that after reading this thread I am not suprised by any of it at all. My Local dealer is nothing short of shocking. I drive to Brisbane to get my Euro serviced now as the Gold Coast dealer is a joke..... Where to begin.....

It took them 3 goes to finally admit that they had to replace the clutch master cylinder. I just kept on taking it back. They must realise that this takes valuable time out of people's days. It is not easy to get time off work to take your car in on a weekday.

I had a noise in the clutch every now and then. I complained about it, but I have to admit that intermittant noises are very hard to find. Anyway, as soon as it ran out of warranty (of course), it got worse. They diagnosed it as a noisy spigot bearing. I said that it was reported whilist still in warranty and it had been documented a couple of times. The service manager said "too bad it is out of warranty and there is nothing that I can do". After many complaints I gave up. It cost me $1300 to get fixed (I did get the clutch replaced while the box was out as it was about half worn). The dealer in Brisbane (Austral) said that it still should have been fixed (even though out of warranty) as it is not a common problem, but one that is well documented. The fact that I complained about it (starting at 50k) meant that it still should have been covered under warranty.

The same dealer serviced my car, charged me for wheel balancing, but didn't do it. How do I know this you ask? Well they rotated the tyres and when I got the car back, at 100klm/hr the steering wheel shook so bad I had to sit on 90 on the M1. People giving you dirty looks all the time is not good. I took it back the next morning and I sat there for almost 3 hours. After an hour and a half I asked what the hell was going on. They said that their balancing machine had broken down and that the car had been sent away to get done. I suggested to the Service Manager that maybe the machine was broken the day before. He strenuously denied it. What did he take me for.

There were other problems but my blood is starting to boil just thinking about it so I won't bore anyone with them.

The general quality of their servicing is poor (Gold Coast Honda dealers) and their customer relations are pathetic.

I have now bought a 2008 Mazda 6 wagon and the dealer is amazing. The rear tail ight fogged up a couple of times (it doesn't do it now) but they are replacing the light anyway, no questions asked.

I love my Euro and I would have bought a new one but I was fed up with driving to Brissie to get it serviced as the Gold Coast dealers weren't getting any more of my hard earned. So I changed brands and bought a Mazda, very dissapointing to have to do so.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the individual dealers. If you get a good one then you are very lucky. If you get a shocker then the whole experience of owning a new car (no matter what make) is a bit of a downer. I am convinced that Honda make a good car, actually, a very good car but they are severely let down by individual dealers. I did not buy another Honda based solely on my experiences with the Gold Coast dealer. This is a shame. I hope that Honda do something about it.

To all the Euro owners, you are lucky, they are a beaut car to drive.

It's not only your dealer this is wide spread through all dealers, Honda is lacking in the 'after sales dept'. It's a shame but we'll see alot more cases like yours, jumping off the band wagon.....good luck ;)

LXRY
03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Front Left Hand CV Joint Boot Split.

*replaced under warranty

unity
03-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Front Left Hand CV Joint Boot Split.

*replaced under warranty

What symptoms did your car exhibit for you to realise you had this problem?

LXRY
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
alot of grease on the inside of the rim, noticed when trying to wash my car

johnni3
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I have taken my car to the Parramatta service centre 3 times now for the creaking clutch problem. First time I had a couple of other minor problems to fix up and they told me they couldn't replicate the problem with the clutch. So i got the minor things fixed and went on my way.

Second time I went inside the car with one of the mechanics to test drive it. Of course I couldn't replicate this intermittent clutch noise, the driver told me he had been with the company for years and hadn't heard about anything like this. But they ended up lubricating the pivot point or something which made it better for about 3 weeks. Then the noise started coming back again. It's always in first gear when releasing the clutch when it happens.

Third time I went back a different guy took me out for another test drive. We kind of heard the noise once, when i described it he knew exactly what i was talking about and even mimicked the noise perfectly. His conclusion was that "I know what the problem is, your clutch was on the way out" and I should just drive it until it gets worse. Then I would have to pay over 1k because it's not covered by warranty (wear n tear). Also while we were in the car he was fiddling with my centre console and completely snapped the entire thing off its hinges. They ended up ringing me saying they will need the car for 2 more days while the centre console is shipped in from Melbourne. I ended up walking in there and getting my keys back the very same day because I was fed up.

So basically I have been in there 3 times, had NOTHING done and now my centre console is broken and much time and frustration have been spent. This clutch problem is really annoying me, it happens enough for me to know that there is a problem but I can't replicate it when i need to, argh! I have booked in to go to Artarmon next week (Parramatta wouldn't send the console over so I will have to go through the same processes all over again). It's such a shame because Honda’s are great cars, but I have had nothing but headaches trying to get anything done at all.

Euro08Jaz
04-09-2008, 03:17 PM
i have the same problem with the creaking clutch and the lack of dealer response, how many k's has your car done? if it is under 70,000 or in warranty id contact honda and try and make a claim, in some cases they exhibit good will if your out of warranty.

The X Man
04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Time for a civil claim against Honda for these poor quality clutch master cylinders they fit into our machines..

tony1234
04-09-2008, 05:44 PM
You guys with unresolved warranty issues should maybe try another dealer,they do vary a lot,some are more co-operative than others.

Euro08Jaz
05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
thats a great suggestion, the threat of servicing else where may prompt some action.

The X Man
07-09-2008, 12:04 AM
LOL - Got my car back today after complaining about the drivers seat and the dealer believed they solved the problem, well they did for about 30 mins. It's now worse then it was before i took it in to be fixed!

I am going to call another dealer Monday morning.

tony1234
07-09-2008, 09:20 AM
LOL - Got my car back today after complaining about the drivers seat and the dealer believed they solved the problem, well they did for about 30 mins. It's now worse then it was before i took it in to be fixed!

I am going to call another dealer Monday morning.
Your dealer must be hopeless.go somewhere else and complain to Honda HO.:thumbdwn:

The X Man
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
They are. They had it from Thursday night to Saturday morning too. Just unbeleivable.

angel
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
7 months old CL9 6MLUX, Hissing sound from underneat the glove box, Centre bottom console lid doesnt spring open, A/C turn on, experiencing pulse/vibration, feeling it from the accelarator pedal when compressor kicks-in. All fixed under warranty. A/C low on gas creating low hissing sound. All O.K. (i hope) got it fixed today. DEALERSHIP: TYNAN Honda-Sutherland. They also have a shuttle bus to take you to westfield-miranda and around the area. Friendly service advisors.

unity
08-09-2008, 08:19 PM
7 months old CL9 6MLUX, Hissing sound from underneat the glove box, Centre bottom console lid doesnt spring open, A/C turn on, experiencing pulse/vibration, feeling it from the accelarator pedal when compressor kicks-in. All fixed under warranty. A/C low on gas creating low hissing sound. All O.K. (i hope) got it fixed today. DEALERSHIP: TYNAN Honda-Sutherland. They also have a shuttle bus to take you to westfield-miranda and around the area. Friendly service advisors.

Hi, I've had the same problem with the pulse/vibration in the accelerator pedal when I run the A/C and the compressor kicks in. I'd love to find out what they did to fix this problem. Please let me know. Thank you.

power_of_dreams
08-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Do you go back again? The clicking is very inconsistent and comes and goes all the time.

Anyone got a rattle between the roof lining and front airbag covers? Sounds like a loose wire on both sides near your head?

late reply, but...
clicking is pretty much gone, creaking is here and there, but some days its fairly bad in terms of creak volume. Might just be placebo effect, but clutch bite/feel seems a bit down as well. squeaking drivers seat still there, I've been told they wont cover that under warranty. goes away with lumbar support though.

angel
09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
unity, if u have waranty, just take it back to your nearest dealership, and explain to them that vibration you feel from the a/c compresor thru your accelarator pedal when it kicks in/ turn on the a/c. its not normal, mine after they fixed it, i can only feel that normal slightly load when i turn the a/c, just a touch pulse. good luck.

LXRY
09-09-2008, 04:37 PM
late reply, but...
clicking is pretty much gone, creaking is here and there, but some days its fairly bad in terms of creak volume. Might just be placebo effect, but clutch bite/feel seems a bit down as well. squeaking drivers seat still there, I've been told they wont cover that under warranty. goes away with lumbar support though.

With the squeaking of the drivers seat i believe their is a fix discussed before here at ozhonda search 'squeaky seat' i think by memory you might have to pull the whole lumbar section out didn't actually do it myself but am going to later as i never use it.

....This should be covered under warranty as well upto you if you want to pursue it under warranty or get them to take out the lumbar bit for you.

Hope this helps....

The X Man
09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Tried a search = nothing matches.

The squeaking i get is rather a "cracking" noise along with squeaking, it's rather loud and is heard taking off, pushing the clutch and moving back and forwards on the rear lumbar part of the seat. It's comes from below the seat mounted side airbag just above where it joins the base of the seat.

It's a real annoying after a while and seems a pain in the ass to fix.

I have now written to the Dealer Principal, The Sales Representative, The Service Manager and Honda Australia with my ongoing concerns. It would be a miracle for Honda Australia to actually back their products (even though my car is 6 weeks old) but at very least the Dealer Principle could get involved and make things happen. One can only dream.

power_of_dreams
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
yeah, i was told as it would not affect performance of the car and hence they would not fix it. which is a load of bollocks as i had just got them to fix a dash rattle under warranty. I have a feeling they knew there was a chance they might have to replace the whole seat and obviously they didnt want to fork out. Mine was audible whenever your back was propped up against the chair, i.e. pressing clutch all the way in, brakes all the way in, or just pushing back against the footrest

I've just put a bit of lumbar support, which seems to kill the squeak.
The back panel is a bitch to get off and unless it gets worse I won't be trying that.

The X Man
09-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Tried altering the lumbar support on the way home tonight = no difference.

LXRY
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Tried altering the lumbar support on the way home tonight = no difference.

See if you can get them to rip it out.....useless crap :)

unity
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
In the USA the TSX has a TSB for the squeaky seat issue. I can't understand why American Honda see this as a warranty issue and Honda Australia doesn't. It's the same car!!! See the link below.

http://photos.imageevent.com/astroboy/workstuff/tsxtsb/B06-018.pdf

LXRY
10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
In the USA the TSX has a TSB for the squeaky seat issue. I can't understand why American Honda see this as a warranty issue and Honda Australia doesn't. It's the same car!!! See the link below.

http://photos.imageevent.com/astroboy/workstuff/tsxtsb/B06-018.pdf

This is different squeak, lumbar support section not fixing points to the seat ;)

The X Man
10-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, thats not the same problem i have with my seat.

idanny571
13-09-2008, 08:59 AM
The steering wheel makes weird noises when turn. The dealer said Honda Australia is aware of that and has not come up with the solution!!!

10KRPM
13-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Thats probably a power steering issue.

Ours does it at standstill when turning the steering wheel left. Have taken it back to Austral honda brisbane and they have ordered new powersteering seals to replace the old ones under warranty.

vte18c
17-09-2008, 03:44 PM

Ours does it at standstill when turning the steering wheel left. Have taken it back to Austral honda brisbane and they have ordered new powersteering seals to replace the old ones under warranty.

I'm having the same issue.. My local Honda dealer just palmed me off saying that Honda Australia knows it's an issue but currently has no fix for it.

rambohung
17-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I've got this "creaking" sound as I making tight turns like 3 point turn for the last few months. Going to service tomorrow, see what Honda will say....

blackfriday
18-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Yea my Euro Lux 2003 has a creaking and clunking in the steering. Also seems to be unusually heavy to steer sometimes. I'm changing the power steering fluid 1st to see if that improves things.

LXRY
18-09-2008, 05:34 PM
The steering wheel makes weird noises when turn. The dealer said Honda Australia is aware of that and has not come up with the solution!!!

I'm having the same issue.. My local Honda dealer just palmed me off saying that Honda Australia knows it's an issue but currently has no fix for it.

I've got this "creaking" sound as I making tight turns like 3 point turn for the last few months. Going to service tomorrow, see what Honda will say....

Yea my Euro Lux 2003 has a creaking and clunking in the steering. Also seems to be unusually heavy to steer sometimes. I'm changing the power steering fluid 1st to see if that improves things.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17711&page=10

I had my steering rack changed under warranty stationary squeel........warranty !!

rambohung
18-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Just came back from Honda, they said the "creak" is the front right suspension mount. They need to replace the whole set including the bolt. They are ordering the part, hope it will fix it up.

LXRY
18-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Just came back from Honda, they said the "creak" is the front right suspension mount. They need to replace the whole set including the bolt. They are ordering the part, hope it will fix it up.

Good for you.......another one to the list

monda
12-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Problem: Total brake failure.

State: NSW - Scotts Honda

Issue: Sitting at the traffic lights with my foot on the brake and the car just rolled forward in to the intersection and had to use hand brake to stop the car.

Outcome: Dealer took it very seriously and a while to rectify. Was fixed under warranty. From memory it was a brake pump failure.

cleary
12-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I just got my a/c compressor housing replaced - since new (2005) it would make quite a loud grinding noise when the a/c kicked in. It was extremely infrequent ie once every 6 months or so.
I did a trip up north to the Hunter Valley where it's much more humid and the frequency ramped up to 4-7 times a day - dealer repaired it under warranty without issue (even though it would not do it once I got back home)

I'm heading up to the hunter again shortly, so should be able to confirm if that fixed it

javiba
14-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I've just noticed that the dashboard in my 4mth old Euro Lux has developed about three 'air-bubbles' in vinyl near the edge (just above the radio). Although not overly large they are still quite noticeable, one is about 1/2 cm wide and a few mm's high - I'm not sure if this is a direct result of recent hot weather but I've could swear they weren't there last week. It's not the sort of thing I would expect in a vehicle of this age (and price).

Is this covered under warranty? What would you do? Or am I being pedantic..?

tknova
14-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi all,

Thought i'd throw my 2 cents in and leave some positive information about a Honda Dealer., I've had most of my servicing and all of my warranty work completed at John Blair Honda in High St in Prahan.

Fantastic customer service and workmanship.

I've had two sets of headlights fogging up, both times they replaced the headlights without question under warranty.
I've had a creaking master cylinder. They lubed it, noise came back, and then replaced the master cylinder straight away under warranty. No questions asked.

Even when i get the car serviced, there is not a fingerprint/scratch left on my black car. They even give me back the remainder of my own oil that i bring in, so i can use it as a top up.

Hopefully this information will help somebody out there with issues with there Honda.

Cheers :)

power_of_dreams
16-01-2010, 12:11 AM

Issue: Sitting at the traffic lights with my foot on the brake and the car just rolled forward in to the intersection and had to use hand brake to stop the car.

Outcome: Dealer took it very seriously and a while to rectify. Was fixed under warranty. From memory it was a brake pump failure.

that is f'd up

boggyhole
11-03-2010, 10:03 PM

Would love to know the true reason for total brake failure by monda. My 2003 Euro has been doing some strange things with the brakes suddenly not working following a slow reverse from a driveway, but then they work ok. Also happened when going slowly into a car park, release foot off the brake and applied again and all ok?? Rear pads have been replaced, but last service (140k) was advised to look at front brakes at next service.

rodericb
13-03-2010, 07:16 AM
I had the clutch master cylinder changed about seven months ago (car was just outside warranty) and recently the drivers seat heater elements were replaced (Honda covered parts, I paid for labour).

Kevin-Euro
31-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Some posts in the thread ask to identify good Honda dealers for repair. I just wanted to warn to be careful with non-dealer repairers who say that they "specialize in Hondas" and claim to do warranty service. I asked Honda about a well known one in Sydney called Hanny's because I bought a 2004 Euro that had been serviced by Hanny's for last 2 years. The logbook was all nicely stamped with the listed items all checked off as "OK" by Hanny's but much of the work was not actually done. Cost me over $1000 to get the service redone again properly. The last owner was female and I guess Hanny's found her an easy mark. Unbelievably, Hanny's had even charged her $1200 for the last service because "the car needed so much work", but when I bought it 2000km later, front and back brake pads were worn out and the oil had not been changed.

Honda said they don't accredit these non-dealer specialists and will not cover warranty costs from them. They will only cover warranty costs that a Honda dealer has authorised. So it is best to stick with a good Honda dealer if you can find one. It is false economy to use these dodgy back-yarders.

Sonni
21-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Honda Accord 2007 - Brake Failure
Has anyone else had this happen to them? My dad was driving his Honda Accord yesterday and the same thing happened to him, that happened to Monda. While stopped at the traffic lights with his foot on the brake, the car launched forward and the brakes did not work (despite stepping on it all the way), causing it to hit the car in front. I'm interested to know how many other people this has happened to. Thankfully they had not entered the freeway yet.
Outcome to be advised by the insurance company.

mrgu
21-02-2012, 10:36 PM
It's definitely the master cyclinder needs attention!!! check the break fluid level..use hand brake next time it happens

mrgu
21-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Accord is made in Thailand compare to Euro made in Japan..There's a difference there

Fredoops
22-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Same parts tho.

There were known issues with premature rear brake bad failure btw

RedEuro
10-10-2012, 02:28 PM
This is the type of great people you want working for honda.

If your in WA and after honda service or parts or a new or used honda PM me as my brother is a salesman for burswood honda.

Hi Nikoy,
I am new to this Forum. Have an '06 Euro Luxury and need a replacement map reading light switch but was told the whole module needs replacing as they can't supply just the switch. Also my manual boot button does not work. Can you please supply the name of your Bro working for Burswood Honda? I know this post goes back a way so is he still there?
Cheers.
RedEuro