PDA

View Full Version : Type R FN2, HID projector/reflector??

txlife
03-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Have you got a projector or reflector for you HID?
I used to have a 8000k kit installed on my fn2 but without the projector/reflector it just attracts the cops and blinds the incoming vehicles. So I took them off and restored the genuine one.

Just want to know has anyone got a projector or reflector? If yes, where did you get it and how did you install it?
Thanks

curtis265
03-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Willing to bet that nobody will have retrofitted projectors given it's a relatively rare skillset in Australia. I don't think it's commercially available either.

You'll have to DIY: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

androo
03-08-2013, 09:40 PM
txfile - did you get a H7R kit? Or just a H7 kit? A H7R kit is what you need, however again it's not perfect. You won't get a perfect beam but the UK guys all run them and I did for a while and was moderately happy but I did not like the beam pattern (while it didn't blind anyone, it had a fair bit of hotspots).

Get a good kit because the covered sections (that are meant to keep the beam in check) on my cheapo bulbs (reused a good kit's ballasts but ebayed some cheap bulbs) and I noticed my beam was getting more and more scattered after 6 months and finally, I started noticing people flashing me (not the good kind unfortunately). Pulled them out and found that some bits of the covered sections actually faded/burnt off. I will note though that prior to that never got flashed, even country driving with the headlights on the highest angle setting. I will assume better quality bulbs don't have this issue.

But if you are already running a H7R kit, then I can still understand why you aren't 100% happy due to the hotspots etc. but if you aren't, give them a go.

Grayfox
03-08-2013, 11:57 PM
check out civinfo.com.

a few users have retro fitted projectors in the housings.

Plus with 8000K you have very limited usable light.

Go for a 4300K and you will have more usable light on the road.

Honda_FD
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Have you got a projector or reflector for you HID?
I used to have a 8000k kit installed on my fn2 but without the projector/reflector it just attracts the cops and blinds the incoming vehicles. So I took them off and restored the genuine one.

Just want to know has anyone got a projector or reflector? If yes, where did you get it and how did you install it?
Thanks

I've been running 10K HID for about two years now on my factory headlights and have never been pulled over (Tap wood I dont)
Theres and bolt behind the headlight housing that lets you adjust the angle of the beam. Try adjusting it and putting it down a little?

Grayfox
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
It is a hex/phillips adjuster on the FK/FN