PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen Accord or 4th gen Prelude?

wushuboi
29-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey guys,

I bought my 95 Accord Vti about 3 1/2 months ago, but i'm not too happy with it.

I was thinking of selling it, and getting a 92/93 Prelude Si (non vtec).

What you guys think?

I know that the Accord is SOHC Vtec...and I can feel a good boost after 4000rpm, but it's only decent when i'm by myself. Having 2+ppl in the car and trying to make them feel the same thing, doesn't work.

I guess my questions are:

1. does 10kW really make a difference (108 for accord, 118 for prelude)
2. when pushing the prelude si over 4000rpm, do you get any "boost"?
3. is it worth the trouble?

gonna post this in prelude thread...so i dun get one sided answers!

h22a accord
30-03-2005, 08:11 AM
1) it will make a difference.
2) there isnt a thing as 'boost' in a NA car. what u are feeling is torque.
3) this is a question you have to answer yourself, go test drive both cars with passengers and see for yourself.

Im not too sure how often you are going to have passengers riding in the back of a prelude because there is stuff all room for them.

poid
30-03-2005, 09:59 AM
prelude's are heavier as well, so the extra 10kw makes bugger all difference in the end, especially with more than 1 person in the car. And yes, if you have more than 1 passenger on a regular basis they are gonna hate you if they have to ride in the back of the prelude :)

wushuboi
30-03-2005, 10:40 AM
yeh i was just using the term "boost" to more accurately express the sudden acceleration, rather than using it to describe a turbo "boost"

the prelude has a lower weight:power ratio tho...

poid
30-03-2005, 12:01 PM
not enough to make a difference though...its slightly quicker but not a whole lot. If you are disappointed by the accord, the prelude wont do much for you

Benji
31-03-2005, 12:54 PM
keep the accord and pimp it out, they look better than the preludes and cheaper too.