PDA

View Full Version : About the Mugen RR rear 4th brake light.

Mugen Rider
06-08-2013, 03:44 AM
I have been pull over by a highway patrol tonight because of the flashing brake light which on the mugen rr rear lips... and the cop told me that it is some kinds of racing stuff and shouldn't be on with the street car...
After that i've done some research from the QLD transport website and seems that it is illegal in QLD... So how can i fix that up to unflash....:(?

But actually the brake only flash for five times and get solid when i press the brake panel... (not flashing all the time)... So i am pretty confuse about it
Anyone got the similar experience with the flashing brake light problems? (Gosh i love the flashing brake light...) and how should i deal with it?

nahbyuddy
06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
How did you install it?

It shouldn't flash, unless you've installed it incorrectly. It sounds like its not getting a constant power flow, thus its getting "bursts" of power, which is therefore causing it to "flash".

jprak
06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
^ nope it's how it's programmed to

Mine flashes as well

I've told him in the road regulation thread just to disconnect a wire and it'll only turn on when braking and won't flash

Grayfox
06-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Kinda stupid really.

It has been proven that a flashing light grabs more attention than a solid one.

So if a brake light flashes for a second after applying is quite smart.

Baygon
06-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah the flashing is just how its made, mine acts the same way. Like Grayfox said i also dont understand how it can be defective when it alerts the drivers behind you more when you're braking. I guess it depends on the officer, if he feels like being a di*k then he'll just fine you for fun. Haven't gotten done for mine yet but i better knock on wood.

Baygon
06-08-2013, 05:13 PM
So how can i fix that up to unflash....:(?

If i remember correctly:
black wire: ground light
brown wire: running light
red wire: brake light

The red wire is what makes the flashing. Depending on what you want, swapping the red with the brown wire will only make it flash when you turn your headlights on. That also depends on how you set up the wiring with your tail lights.

Grayfox
06-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I guess it depends on the officer, if he feels like being a di*k then he'll just fine you for fun. Haven't gotten done for mine yet but i better knock on wood.

In australia law says brake lights have to be solid.

Yup still in the 1970 in terms of road safety.

Heck we don't even have a DRL compliance law, even though many EU countries do because they have seen that it reduces the chance of an accident.

Flashing is could be controlled with a 555 timer.

If so it may have a pot that you can adjust to change the flash rate.

liquid23
16-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I have a flashing light as well and haven't had any cops say anything while they were behind me "touch wood". Some cops say it is good and some just want to get you.
The light itself is a module and will always flash if you connect it straight from your brake light. You can buy one that doesn't flash but not sure where to get it

curtis265
16-08-2013, 01:26 PM
take em off

they're farking annoying

Baygon
16-08-2013, 02:23 PM
take em off

they're farking annoying

Bright HIDs on front and annoying flashing light at rear = win

Harricade
17-08-2013, 10:46 AM
I have a flashing light as well and haven't had any cops say anything while they were behind me "touch wood". Some cops say it is good and some just want to get you.
The light itself is a module and will always flash if you connect it straight from your brake light. You can buy one that doesn't flash but not sure where to get it

Same with me.

take em off

they're farking annoying

Must drive in front of Curtis from now on. =P

curtis265
17-08-2013, 10:51 AM
harricade pls :(