PDA

View Full Version : Dealership RIPPED ME OFF >:(

hdmi1
07-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey all,

I got myself a Honda Civic Type R FN2 Feb 1st, i drove out of the dealership and the CD player was not working, i called them and told them they said they would fix it, I requested $800 to settle the matter, they said it was too much, I asked them to find a place to fix it and notify me bit ignored my request and kept stalling, finally the owner said he would give me a near new head unit out of another car which was not a double din (stupid considering the fn2 needs a double din) I said this would not fit in my car and ever since then he ignored me and i was never bothered to get it fixed until now, im over using a FM transmitter,

took him to fair trading and i have a case being held as he refused to fix it because it passed warranty?? well i tried to get it fixed within warranty but he was lazy, filling out the form now! how much should i demand to repair/replace the unit? any figures people can throw at me? The CD player is DEAD, does not work at all, tried cleaning the lens, no luck so for him i want him to fix it through a certified honda dealership or cash settlement, can someone throw me some rough figures?? Really appreciate your help!! i was thinking $1300.00

bennjamin
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
mate

no one here an give you an accurate number

take the car to a couple of reputable repair places ( honda dealerships ) and get a quote to fix. Then email this quote / give the quotes to your dealership. give these details to the department of fair trading correspondent as well and this sould get you a result.

But dam. You could of worked this out for yourself you lazy man.

hdmi1
07-08-2013, 05:09 PM
seriosuly, lol i am not lazy, i did call a delership at the time, 2 of them said they don't do quotes for free as like wtf =\

so i called a few car audio places and got quotes, i passed them onto him and he said it was too expensive and see what he could do, but all he could do was offe me a used head unit that has video, because he knew i was going to replace it eventually to a double din, little did he know a regular screen unit would not work,

i was so patient, i even went to the dealership and waited for 45 mins till he served me, he felt bad becuse i kept calling him then i felt awkward calling him,.

bennjamin
07-08-2013, 05:28 PM
keep pushing it thru department of Fair trading , note everything said / times of contact with dealer etc. You will get there eventually but it is alot of effort and time on your belhalf

mocchi
07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
lol 6 months to get cd player fixed

shouldve chased it like mad dog in first month.

xenonkuraz
07-08-2013, 05:47 PM
shouldve tested it when buying the car lol

RenzokukenJ
07-08-2013, 06:05 PM
^

Life lesson lesrnt

EKVTIR-T
07-08-2013, 06:10 PM
shouldve tested it when buying the car lolis that like sex before marriage

Daveho1
07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
you cant just request money to fix things... you book it in with the service department where there techs will attempt to fix the issue and if they find that a new head unit is required then it is covered under the used car warranty.
you need to let them try to fix the problem.

Grayfox
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM
See if they can compensate you with cash.

Then buy this
http://www.hondabitz.com/genuine_fascia_kits/civic_full_kit_rhd

It is allows you to install a 7" LCD double DIN headunit, while still allowing the use of the steering wheel controls, and have the LCD display the A/C temp and other information.
Then you just have to choose which headunit you want to buy from a store here.

androo
07-08-2013, 07:48 PM
OP, you keep saying the FN2 is a 'double din'? Can you take a photo? I'm assuming this is a used vehicle, so maybe the previous owner replaced the factory head unit with an aftermarket double din. If it is, then I would request a good $500 from them and put it towards a head unit I would like. Think of it this way - They have dicked you around, but if you bought a car with a factory head unit, the fascia for the double din is already over $200. Then you'll have to buy a head unit. This way, half the work is done, and have the head unit is paid for. Anyway, if it's not an aftermarket unit, get them to pay you money anyway. A stock head unit is cheap on the forums and plenty of guys are trying to offload them since they have upgraded to a double din head unit.

Don't stress out, untie that knot in your panty and move on.

Daveho1
07-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Sorry but ive never come accross a situation in a dealership where cash is offered.

Grayfox
07-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Compared to them getting a new stereo from honda which can be easily $1000, then installing it, making sure it works.
It may be easier to offer cash.

But up to the dealer.

And that is if it came with a Honda OEM headunit.

Daveho1
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol what you pay isnt what honda pays for there head units and in the case of a used car its not uncommon to have a head unit repaired or for the dealer to source a second hand unit from other sources.

Just telling them to give u 800 isnt gonna work. OP have you taken the car to the dealership for repairs to the unit

lolmclol
07-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Feel like OP isn't telling us the whole story ...

Daveho1
07-08-2013, 09:33 PM
^^ agreed.

dodgyimports
08-08-2013, 12:07 PM
sounds pretty dodgy and depending on which dealership - you might find they wound back the odometer also. did they supply you with japanese de-registration papers or logbooks? PM me with the name of the dealer and i'll let you know how you can find out whether this was done to your car.

Daveho1
08-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Sounds legit^^

Grayfox
08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
sounds pretty dodgy and depending on which dealership - you might find they wound back the odometer also. did they supply you with japanese de-registration papers or logbooks? PM me with the name of the dealer and i'll let you know how you can find out whether this was done to your car.

I am pretty sure the FN2 is a direct import from swindon UK.

The only way to way to wind back the odometer is to replace the gauge cluster.
But i think the ECU or MICU will also store the milage done.

UNLS1
10-08-2013, 10:00 AM
something aint right here. I would like to know the full story. Ive been working in the industry long enough to know when something doesn't look right. 2 sides to every story...

stevo1210
12-08-2013, 02:51 AM
Unrelated, but not joking when I say this, but I did see a proper working factory CD player for the FN2 on eBay for $50 + $20 shipping which had been removed from a car.