PDA

View Full Version : B16A Engine Conversion

Spaz
11-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Hey guys I am new to OzHonda but I have noticed this is the place to go if you need some help with your car.
I recently bought a scrappy EG6 hatch with a B16A auto and clean EG6 interior for $500. I currently have an EG4 hatch.
Now the reason for the post is that I do not know much about cars as I am new to the car world and I am wanting to know when I swap the B16A motor from the EG6 into my EG4 will all the mounts and wiring looms line up/connect or will I have to do some modifications to make it fit?
And also any other helpful info on making the conversion easier would be nice to know aswell.

Thanks guys.

Super-DA9
12-08-2013, 08:57 AM
EG6's came in auto....?

Anyway, you will need modification, definitely.

For starters you should search this on google as I'm SURE B16a into EG has been covered 100 times here and on different forums. I also know for certain there is a complete DIY on swapping a B series into civic/crx in the DIY section of this website.

You will need the B series engine mounts from your EG6, you will need the driveshafts and exhaust too.

You will need to add a few wires for VTEC and knock sensor, and pins for the ecu plug.

There's more to it, but go check out a DIY/write up.

cuppa
12-08-2013, 09:49 AM
EG6's came in auto....?

Anyway, you will need modification, definitely.

For starters you should search this on google as I'm SURE B16a into EG has been covered 100 times here and on different forums. I also know for certain there is a complete DIY on swapping a B series into civic/crx in the DIY section of this website.

You will need the B series engine mounts from your EG6, you will need the driveshafts and exhaust too.

You will need to add a few wires for VTEC and knock sensor, and pins for the ecu plug.

There's more to it, but go check out a DIY/write up.

Yes it did come in automatic, most i've seen around are auto.

Spaz
12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I won't have to change the pins if I use the ECU that is already in the EG6?

Super-DA9
12-08-2013, 01:59 PM
I won't have to change the pins if I use the ECU that is already in the EG6?

You will need to put them in the correct location in your EG4 harness to ECU plug. Legit, you should go read the write up in the DIY section by ECU-MAN. That should answer all your questions.

Spaz
12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I have it bookmarked haven't gone right through it yet.

Super-DA9
12-08-2013, 02:05 PM
I have it bookmarked haven't gone right through it yet.

Ok well yeah, I'd suggest finish reading it when you can and then ask questions if there's stuff you don't understand afterwards. Otherwise people might think you are being lazy haha. :P

Spaz
12-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Haha true

dougie_504
21-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Have a good read, any more questions make a new thread.

Alternatively speak to Josh @ Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs. He's in VIC and does a fair few of these swaps.