PDA

View Full Version : VERY rought running b18c after hitting water

SINISTR
30-03-2005, 10:25 AM
hey all,

ok... the short of the story is, my gf on sunday nite was comming home from my place, was pissin down with rain, she lives in the hills and sometimes you get some puddles in the water which are very difficult to see. She must have hit the MOTHER of all puddles that nite cos she says walls of water were on both sides,the car stalled in the middle of the puddle, and also the after effect is a bent back numberplate.

Anyway - its running like an RX7 now... im quiet sure i've tracked it down to the 4th Cylinder not running, after looking in the dissy, plugs, fuses, wires etc etc.. i checked the 4th and there is a spark - so im putting it down to no FUEL in the cylinder...

HOW can i check the injectors? theres gotta be a way of checking them if they are running right?

ANY help would be appreciated...

thanks

Mike

tinkerbell
30-03-2005, 01:05 PM
they tick when opening and closing - use a screw driver as a stethoscope ;)

tinkerbell
30-03-2005, 01:06 PM
do you have a CAI - was there any water in the inlet?

SINISTR
30-03-2005, 01:18 PM
do you have a CAI - was there any water in the inlet?

yeah - its got CAI... but there was no water in the inlet - all dry...
even if some went into the throttle body and down the intake manifold.. the temp of the motor since then would have dried it up...

but i'll try with the screw driver - i din't think of that LOL - use that technique on Hydraulic Lifters...

fly_vti
03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
yeah - its got CAI... but there was no water in the inlet - all dry...
even if some went into the throttle body and down the intake manifold.. the temp of the motor since then would have dried it up...

but i'll try with the screw driver - i din't think of that LOL - use that technique on Hydraulic Lifters...

yeh it could have dried it up but the damage would have been done instantly before it had time to drive up.. it sounds like ur sparkies are gone man its u have loss of power and a rotor engine type idle u got electrical problem man.. get it check cuz.

garett
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
try swapping the plugs to see if it shifts the problem
so put the number 4 plug into the number 3 cylindar and put the leads back on and see if it is running crap in number 3
if so go and buy new spark plugs should be about 20 bucks

panda[cRx]
04-04-2005, 11:35 AM
damn man not having much car luck in your household recently :(