PDA

View Full Version : will 15x9 +10 fit dc2's

tom_son
14-08-2013, 06:32 PM
hey guys,

thinking of buying a set of wheels 15x9 +10

what would i have to do to fit it on a dc2 running skunk 2 shocks and spoon progressive springs.

tire size (good/safe amount of stretch), spacers, camber, guard rolling and if necessary pull out the guards abit..

just want to know exactly how to fit these wheels.

thanks in advance. tom

simmy
14-08-2013, 06:43 PM
You'll need to stretch the tyres, maybe 195/45 or 165/45(quite a bit of stretch but this will defiantly clear your guard)

Springs ain't good for wide wheels and lowering unless its very stiff, cos when you bounce, it will smack your guards.

You'll deifnately need camber arms, rolled guards

Depends how low you're going to drop

tom_son
14-08-2013, 06:50 PM
oh okay, not too low as the cars a daily and don't want to have a hard time driving it lol

so just stretch camber and rolled guards? no spacers required?

will the width of the wheel affect anything else like not clearing etc

simmy
14-08-2013, 07:15 PM
oh okay, not too low as the cars a daily and don't want to have a hard time driving it lol

so just stretch camber and rolled guards? no spacers required?

will the width of the wheel affect anything else like not clearing etc

Then you'll need camber arms and dial in some neg camber

You won't need spacers, do you know what they are? They push your wheels out more, meaning you'll have more troubles clearing the guards

Ya.

If your wheels were 8 wide, it means the wheel is an inch smaller, hence easier to fit under the guards
But if you have wider wheels and higher offset then you could also fit them under

Width is measured by inch
Offset my mm,

Go to the integra threads, research others fiitments, and pictures and you can measure it.

Or find out the specs of your stock wheels, and measure it from there (estimate)

Work it out

Hope it makes sense ay

Regards,

Luke

tom_son
14-08-2013, 07:19 PM
oh okay,

just a stab in the dark with these wheels, thanks for the help

anyone else that can enlighten me with this stuff is more then welcome lol

kind regards, tom

viinnh
14-08-2013, 07:21 PM
im assuming these are the ccw reps ?

tom_son
14-08-2013, 07:24 PM
im assuming these are the ccw reps ?

yep those ones

mocchi
14-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Then you'll need camber arms and dial in some neg camber

You won't need spacers, do you know what they are? They push your wheels out more, meaning you'll have more troubles clearing the guards

Ya.

If your wheels were 8 wide, it means the wheel is an inch smaller, hence easier to fit under the guards
But if you have wider wheels and higher offset then you could also fit them under

Width is measured by inch
Offset my mm,

Go to the integra threads, research others fiitments, and pictures and you can measure it.

Or find out the specs of your stock wheels, and measure it from there (estimate)

Work it out

Hope it makes sense ay

Regards,

Luke

thanks Luke.

Evok
15-08-2013, 12:00 AM
15x8 +10 can be done with 175/50 or 185/50 for flush look

drop it to flush it should have natural camber of atleast -2.5...so if you do your research

it can fit with rolled and pulled guards.

invest in a camber kit.. you either go low with those specs or itll look mexican and silly.

tom_son
15-08-2013, 12:13 AM

drop it to flush it should have natural camber of atleast -2.5...so if you do your research

invest in a camber kit.. you either go low with those specs or itll look mexican and silly.

thanks evok, just the info i was after

simmy
15-08-2013, 01:50 AM

good info hear buddy

but yeah, he didnt want to go super low

you need to go pretty low for it to naturally camber in to fit, and hes running on springs

Integra-GSi
07-09-2013, 05:06 PM
This is a good thread... Having had cars with ridiculous amounts of negative camber, there's a lot of other issues, tire wear, etc... If you end up with too much negative camber you'll end up with a tire that doesn't touch the road surface and mass amounts of uneven tire wear. You run into other issues with the car being front wheel drive.... I love boso cars and my Z10 Soarer... However, a DC2 Integra is really not the best candidate for a massive amount of camber.

In all honesty I could also see other problems with going any wider than an 8 on a front wheel drive car. If you want that kind of look buy yourself a Silvia, or something old school like a Laurel or a Cressi and get a set of 7s or 8s at the most for the Integra.

The notion that you'll look like a silly Mexican in a riced Honda is strong on this one. That kind of look only really suits rear wheel driven sedans and maybe occasionally something like an old school like a 240/260z... cars like my Toyota's. You're really kidding yourself if you think you can get a 9 or 10 under the guards of an Integra without mutilating it. I struggled to get a 10 under the rear guards of a rear wheel drive coupe as you can see in the first pic.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/2345_131727730602_7545833_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/4644_213707125602_305371_n.jpg

newpaddy3
15-09-2013, 06:05 PM
You'll need to stretch the tyres, maybe 195/45 or 165/45(quite a bit of stretch but this will defiantly clear your guard)

Springs ain't good for wide wheels and lowering unless its very stiff, cos when you bounce, it will smack your guards.

You'll deifnately need camber arms, rolled guards

Depends how low you're going to drop

No, no, no.

Did you just tell someone to fit a 6.5" tyre on a 9" wheel?

simmy
15-09-2013, 06:15 PM
yeah my bad, I meant 195 even 185. I was thinking of 8 wide

Integra-GSi
16-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Fit 6.5" tyre[s] on a 9" wheel?

lol... :thumbdwn:

newpaddy3
16-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Fit 6.5" tyre[s] on a 9" wheel?

Your attempt at correcting grammar is amusing.

First, how do you fit multiple tires on a single wheel?

Second, my statement was grammatically correct, don't pretend to be superior by calling people out.

DC2-PWR
16-09-2013, 12:42 PM

Second, my statement was grammatically correct, don't pretend to be superior by calling people out.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr148/Dabears5540/Fatboy_reacts.gif

RenzokukenJ
16-09-2013, 01:00 PM

LOL fail troll

Paddys grammar was correct the first time m8y

L2grammar, and l2wheelfit

Integra-GSi
16-09-2013, 03:18 PM

I was agreeing with you.... Anyway, I've stretched tyres onto wheels before, SEE: pics on the previous page. I've never run anything that extreme though, I was laughing at the silly idea of a 165. Let me show you fitment of 9s and 10s.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/orestes1984/IMG_3250.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/orestes1984/100_1656.jpg

Lets not jump to conclusions shall we. Sorry If I caused any offense... It was completely unintentional. Anyway, if you go that extreme on a front wheel drive car you're going to have handling issues, tram lining and all kinds of other issues. Besides the point, if you go that extreme you're going to end up with camber issues where you're going to be riding on half of your tyre, even if you get a camber adjustment kit its going to stuff up your suspension geometry.

viinnh
16-09-2013, 06:57 PM
^165 is safe

newpaddy3
16-09-2013, 07:41 PM
lol mountable doesn't mean safe.

165 is designed for 4-6".

Integra-GSi
16-09-2013, 07:43 PM
lol mountable doesn't mean safe.

165 is designed for 4-6".

I've run some ridiculous stretch in my times. I'm still into bosozoku cars, but having a car like that is for show and not for the road I've learned the hard way by having a car defected for being too low and not having wheels that fit under the guards, hence the Integra now. The post above is correct 165 over a 9 is not safe by any means, you're kidding yourself if you think it is. Those photos are 205 over 9s on the front with some stretch but being fairly safe. I'd struggle to see a 165 actually bead on.

newpaddy3
16-09-2013, 07:49 PM
^165 is safe

In all honesty, this comment deserves to be negged.

I'll refrain from that though.

Please think about what you recommend to other people where their road safety, and life is involved.

stndrd
17-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Unfortunatley you cant use road safety and stance in the same sentance.

For a street car, there is no need for a x9 wheel (unless you are running 300hp+)

The magic offset for early civic and integras is in the +20 ---> +25 range. Talk to user namtaro about the 15x9's he had on his EG as that would be the flushest Honda I have seen in a long time

Integra-GSi
17-09-2013, 02:58 PM
If you're running a wide rim at +25 you're going to have to be running a fair amount of camber... I wouldn't run more than about a 6" wheel at +25 on a Teg if you wanted to be getting the wheels under the guards without massaging them and running camber. I've just been doing that as a thought exercise actually because I was thinking about doing exactly that. I'd be erring more towards +30(ish) if you wanted to run a wider rim than a 7 and then a bit more for an 8. Maybe that's just wisdom of running cars with aggressive offset and camber where shoulder wear was telling me about half of the tire was on the ground at any one time, but there's a lot of issues going on here and most of all you already have suspension issues with a Teg on stock suspension, you don't really want to make the car any more harsh than what it is.

My association with front wheel drive cars is with both soft and compliant suspension in Peugeots and whatever, so, well, my experiences may vary, but if you're doing it for street rather than track, it's already easy enough to completely upset your suspension on an Integra and get crossed up, so I wouldn't even really go there. It's also the fact that as a generality Australian roads are shit...

stndrd
17-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Nam ran his car maxxed out on the coils with standard camber arms (guards pulled as far as they would go from memory).

I run 16x8 +25 with a Advan a050 225/45R16 on my eg with around -2.5 degree of camber and i have no issues.

Integra-GSi
17-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah... as you say, you're getting to the point where you need to start doing some adjustments in order to make things fit.

stndrd
17-09-2013, 03:24 PM
It seems as tho OP is wanting to simply bolt on and off he goes with these wheels, thus why I said that between +20 & +25 is the magic offset, along with not so wide wheels. I am only giving examples of where people have done it right without modifying too much and have stayed in the range people think wont work

tom_son
18-09-2013, 06:00 PM
i've rolled the front two guards and cut the rear two to make these wheels fit, i have a set of coilovers and camber kit on the way, a few other issues that came up is that when i put on the wheels to see if they fit, i notice the hubs dont line up, would i need to run hub relocators or fillers to make it fit properly?

another thing is, when the coilovers and camberkit comes in, would i have to install them then drive on stock wheels for about a week to let the coilovers settle and then put on the new wheels, adjust height/damper and dial negative camber in? or can i install the coilovers and just adjust the height straight away?

thanks in advance, Tom

tom_son
18-09-2013, 06:25 PM
and in regards to the tyres, i've put 195/45 on them, will not be illegally street racing or doing burnouts at Krispykreme or anything, just a sensible/notsosensible daily. all risk involved will be taking into consideration, thanks for your concern, once it is back on the road and sitting how i want it to, will post a picture to clear up all assumptions. ty

Integra-GSi
05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
i've rolled the front two guards and cut the rear two to make these wheels fit, i have a set of coilovers and camber kit on the way, a few other issues that came up is that when i put on the wheels to see if they fit, i notice the hubs dont line up, would i need to run hub relocators or fillers to make it fit properly?

another thing is, when the coilovers and camberkit comes in, would i have to install them then drive on stock wheels for about a week to let the coilovers settle and then put on the new wheels, adjust height/damper and dial negative camber in? or can i install the coilovers and just adjust the height straight away?

thanks in advance, Tom

You should be running a hub ring so as your wheels remain hub centric as opposed to stud centric, that's why you've got a hole there in the first place... I.E. it's not just there for aesthetics, if there's a gap there, say 67 to 72mm for instance you need a hub ring that's going to fill it with a 67mm inside diametre 72mm outside diametre ring.

Although It's really not all that likely but if all your balancing the wheels of your car on is the studs then you can in the long run end up sheering a stud off your hub... Not a good thing, that shouldn't happen, but it's a possibility. Hub centric rings don't cost anything either so it's worth the investment for safety.

On the issue of adjusting your coil overs, in all of my setups I've just dialled in the height and the camber adjustment and driven away, I don't see any problem really in doing it this way at all, although others are welcome ti disagree with me.

Renaissance_x
23-10-2013, 04:24 PM
+1 for massive stretch and camber only really being suited to zoku cars.

naturaltone
24-10-2013, 11:09 AM
175 50s and esm makes nice 15x9s +10s i would do 15x8s front and x9 rears with 4" lip :)

these are 15x8.5 +17 stock camber with 17550s.. x9+10 u might have to get camber kit n roll fenders
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1383555_541578779249766_2048155145_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1394109_541076212633356_1806166970_n.jpg