PDA

View Full Version : FN2R recommended mods??

David321
16-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Just thought about modding my FN2R and got recommended the Tegiwa CAI for FN2R's.
Any thoughts anyone?
Tegiwa CAI Vs Injen CAI which would be the better one? position of the CAI's?
Recommendation on headers and exhaust?

ogen
16-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Just thought about modding my FN2R and got recommended the Tegiwa CAI for FN2R's.
Any thoughts anyone?
Tegiwa CAI Vs Injen CAI which would be the better one? position of the CAI's?
Recommendation on headers and exhaust?

Tegiwa headers are pretty good quality. Lots of positive reviews on civinfo forum. I don't like injen Cai on the fn2, want the best for the car. Tegiwa Cai is a mugen replica, which is one of the best, next to gruppe m cai.

Exhaust, anything is good. Fuji powergetter sounds good, martelius had good gains. Toda probably the best

Vvvtec
16-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Get a GOOD header

Toda/ASP/Hytech etc

ogen
16-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Toda hands down. I used to have a fn2 with Toda header and hfc. No header is better. But if you're low on money, just get Tegiwa, the Toda replica

Hankook
17-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Sorry to butt in but since we're talking about mods for the FN2R. (Car noob here).

If I get an aftermarket CAI would any auto mechanic be able to install it for me? (Rough costs?)

Also - with aftermarket rims. I am very keen on a set of Enkei wheels. Will this reduce the weight of the car compared to the stock rims and therefore be better for the car? (Don't want to get them if its just purely for looks).

Cheers in advance!

ogen
17-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Sorry to butt in but since we're talking about mods for the FN2R. (Car noob here).

If I get an aftermarket CAI would any auto mechanic be able to install it for me? (Rough costs?)

Also - with aftermarket rims. I am very keen on a set of Enkei wheels. Will this reduce the weight of the car compared to the stock rims and therefore be better for the car? (Don't want to get them if its just purely for looks).

Cheers in advance!

Mechanics can charge you whatever they want. Can be at least 150. I can do it for you on my driveway for a better price lol.

Stock rims are VERY heavy. A tip over 11kg, wheel only. If you buy a lighter wheel, it CAN improve your car's handling and acceleration by a touch, not a lot though.

David321
17-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys,
i was thinking would it be possible to get a tegiwa CAI with toda headers? will they work together or it doesnt really matter?
And with the Tegiwa CAI the poisition it sits from what i can see is that it sits next to the foglights being exposed front on which is good for cold air but what are the risks when raining? not to sure if rain hits the front bumper much and then getting into the CAI Any thoughts anyone?

curtis265
17-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys,
i was thinking would it be possible to get a tegiwa CAI with toda headers? will they work together or it doesnt really matter?
And with the Tegiwa CAI the poisition it sits from what i can see is that it sits next to the foglights being exposed front on which is good for cold air but what are the risks when raining? not to sure if rain hits the front bumper much and then getting into the CAI Any thoughts anyone?
yes there is a risk.

just don't drive into puddles.

Hankook
17-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Mechanics can charge you whatever they want. Can be at least 150. I can do it for you on my driveway for a better price lol.

Stock rims are VERY heavy. A tip over 11kg, wheel only. If you buy a lighter wheel, it CAN improve your car's handling and acceleration by a touch, not a lot though.

Thanks for the info! Its good to know - Guess rims will come first then!

Too bad you're in NSW :( Maybe I'll try get someone here in Melbs to do it for me later :)

u mad?
17-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Toda hands down. I used to have a fn2 with Toda header and hfc. No header is better. But if you're low on money, just get Tegiwa, the Toda replica
asp or hytec mate

re injen? get a intake that wont fuk ur engine when u drive through a nice puddle

groupm or mugen, fuk even modify stock airbox.

you really need to do the lot to get any half decent gains, intake mani and kpro as well

u mad?
17-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the info! Its good to know - Guess rims will come first then!

Too bad you're in NSW :( Maybe I'll try get someone here in Melbs to do it for me later :)
pm cb auto or mocchi

Hankook
17-08-2013, 07:18 PM
pm cb auto or mocchi

Ok cheers!

Type FN
17-08-2013, 07:53 PM
gruppe m intake/mugen
rrc intake manifold
70mm venturi tb port matched
toda headers
2.5inch stainless/titanium exhaust any good brand will do (headers is most important)
hondat flashpro tuned

stage one mods, can run without tune if planning on cams and internals down the track etc, hope it helps

its the way to go

Chase221
19-08-2013, 09:31 PM
G'day Guys

This is my first time posting on this forum so please excuse the simplicity of my questions :), I have been reading across the forums and I own an FN2R, Ive noticed that alot of the gear you talk about is jdm gear, Im looking at doing an K&N air mod just to get a bit better air flow but what curious to where to purchase such items. Ive also noticed that gruppe m and other manufacturers have English websites though is it difficult to import bits and pieces? are there better places to shop in this modern world we live in??

Thanks for you time in answering my questions :)

Kind Regards

Hankook
26-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm currently looking myself. According some searches so far I have found TWO.

www.nengun.com
www.lsdmotorsports.com (US based)

Honda_FD
26-08-2013, 06:45 PM
G'day Guys

This is my first time posting on this forum so please excuse the simplicity of my questions :), I have been reading across the forums and I own an FN2R, Ive noticed that alot of the gear you talk about is jdm gear, Im looking at doing an K&N air mod just to get a bit better air flow but what curious to where to purchase such items. Ive also noticed that gruppe m and other manufacturers have English websites though is it difficult to import bits and pieces? are there better places to shop in this modern world we live in??

Thanks for you time in answering my questions :)

Kind Regards

Where abouts are you from?
My friend has an FN2R and distributes for Tegiwa and many other brands.

If you're from Melbourne i can give you his details

EKVTIR-T
26-08-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.jtune.com.au/news.html

VicTiR
07-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Bump for a good thread and good point by Hankook. Handling, acceleration and and braking all get better with a reduction in un-sprung weight. I tested it first hand and I had such a good improvement on my EK4 when I saved about 3-4kgs per corner by changing wheels like for like (similar width, offset and diameter) that I am planning the same for my FN2R.

fwiw, I'd look into Enkei RPF1 wheels if your budget allows - these are the lightest I could find. No comment on whether the car will look any better!

David321
20-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Hey guys,
Are there any difference with dual and single exhausts?
Can some one clarify if single e hausts gives better gains and sounds abit louder cheers

tom_son
12-11-2013, 01:39 PM
From what I've read, single is the way to go in terms of power gains, but it wouldn't be much anyway 1,2,3 kw over a dual after tune ? Sound wise not sure.

u mad?
12-11-2013, 04:21 PM
gruppe m intake/mugen
rrc intake manifold
70mm venturi tb port matched
ASP headers
3 inch stainless/titanium exhaust any good brand will do (headers is most important)
hondat flashpro tuned

stage one mods, can run without tune if planning on cams and internals down the track etc, hope it helps

its the way to goi liek it

raniti
13-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Hey Honda_FD, could you pm me a link. I'm in melb and thinking of doing some basic mods to
Start off with. Cheers

Type FN
13-11-2013, 07:24 PM
i liek it

3 inch is too big..cant go too big as the smaller size exhaust allow more velocity of exhaust gas flow for more power, as its NA 2.0 2.5 inch is largest i would go, if 2.4 etc running 180kw etc 3 inch is good, just my view, was told smaller exhaust cam gives more velocity of air flow for more power, ( in my mind it makes alot of sense), lol.

u mad?
13-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Even 2lt k series love 3", there is a reason everyone in the states (pioneers of high hp k series) run this setup. Obviously less results as opposed to a 2.4, but the gains are still there assuming you have the rest of the bolt-ons and a good tune to go with it.

VT3C
19-11-2013, 09:17 PM
gruppe m intake
RRC intake manifold
SPOON 70mm venturi tb port matched
toda headers
2.5inch stainless/titanium exhaust any good brand will do
hondata flashpro tuned

its the way to go

Agreed 99%, slightly edited ;) and IMO the GruppeM intake for the win, don't waste your time or money on the others.

Also good coilovers, rear sway and braces will make for nice neutral handling.

EG5
19-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Get a GOOD header

Toda/ASP/Hytech etc

ASP dont make any header for FN2 . There is no FN2 in USA.