PDA

View Full Version : Baby seat in Euro luxury

vxexec
30-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am expecting a little one in the next month and was wondering who here has fitted a baby seat in a euro.

I found that due to the rear buckets and lack of a flat platform in the middle, the best place to fit the seat was passenger side rear.

The other issue with fitting the seat in the middle is that because of the leather trim, it tends to slide off to the side.

I'm a little concerned about having the seat near the curtain airbags in the event of an accident.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

baboo
30-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi,

No baby, so I don't know much about baby seat.

I'm sure the curtain airbag should not do any harm to the baby as if in the event of an accident the baby is protected by the capsule seat I would think.

MiSloVic
30-03-2005, 02:52 PM
yeap. the curtain airbags are not as harmful as the front airbags.. at least, they do not intrude into the pax space as much as the front balloons will.

for the leather seats, you can consider getting a rubber mat for the seats.. ie, you place the rubber mat on the leather seat, and the baby seat is placed on top of the mat. this mat serves to provide extra grip, to hold the chair better, and it also serves as a mat, to prevent stains from baby food, baby milk, from touching the leather. :)

Also, the rear seat belts are designed to hold the baby seats tightly. after you have placed the belts on the baby capsule seat, you need to fully extend the belt, and release it. you will hear come clicking sound when it starts winding back.. this feature is to stop the belt from extending, for the purpose of holding the baby seat.

Pum[Z]
30-03-2005, 03:18 PM
The curtain airbags should shut off or the SRS warning light should come on if u have kids sitting on the front passenger seat. Which means that in a accident the side airbags won't pop up...

But the front airbag is what u should be worried about.. Don't ever put a baby on the front passenger seat... U might have to put anti slip pads on the bottom of the baby seat so it does not slide around at the back passenger seats...

Totally agree with Mislovic :thumbsup:

vxexec
01-04-2005, 12:34 PM
thanks for the replies - all good points :thumbsup:

a rubber mat sounds best

PNR888
01-04-2005, 02:10 PM
']The curtain airbags should shut off or the SRS warning light should come on if u have kids sitting on the front passenger seat. Which means that in a accident the side airbags won't pop up...

Pum[Z]: you mean the front passenger seat has sensor to detect the weight of the occupant? and if that passenger is too light, then side airbag will be automatically turned off ?? I am comfused.. :confused: I have no baby yet, but soon, maybe another 2 yrs.

Pum[Z]
01-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Pum[Z]: you mean the front passenger seat has sensor to detect the weight of the occupant? and if that passenger is too light, then side airbag will be automatically turned off ?? I am comfused.. :confused: I have no baby yet, but soon, maybe another 2 yrs.

Yeap.. Sometimes i take my 5 year old nephew out and when he sits on the front passenger seat the SRS airbag lights up. This also happens when a young child leans very close to where the airbag is as well. I then checked out in the manual why it does that it states that it switches the side airbags off in case of a accident, because little kids getting hit by side airbags could injure them pretty bad...

PNR888
01-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Thank you for reply pum[Z]. still got a couple of Q.
1. how come my SRS airbag warning light never come up when I put my heavy bag pplus laptop (all up must be over 5kg) on passenger seat?
2. Does it turn off the curtain bag too? if it is the case, then a adult occupant at rear seat behind a child on passenger side will not be protected by curtain bag...