PDA

View Full Version : boot struts!

Steer^Gimic
30-03-2005, 04:03 PM
hey guys. apparently the glasstop on an ef8 tends to pop out or pillars 'flex' causing the glass to jar open under hard cornering or serious track work. does anyone know who can make up or buy such a thing. this would also help stability im sure?
cheers. here's a pic

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0412ht_crx_11_z.jpg

panda[cRx]
30-03-2005, 04:06 PM
never seen those before or heard of problems with the glass.
i've got normal boot struts going across the top of my rear sussy (gotta chop into plastic cover to fit it)

Steer^Gimic
30-03-2005, 04:10 PM
you mean just a normal rear strut brace panda?? i took all the plastic out so cutting into it wont be an issue. i actually want to have both. you guys think the pic is overkill??

panda[cRx]
30-03-2005, 04:11 PM
it looks like the kinda thing u see in hot4's and not on the track lol

yeah mine is just the normal strut

bennjamin
30-03-2005, 04:57 PM
those are C pillar ( or b...i never get it right ) bars - which connect via both sides on the main seat belt bolts. Used for the usual chassis reinforcment...but ive never heard tthem to "pop" out ?

Perry
30-03-2005, 11:35 PM
im after sumthing similar to dat as well but not the 1 that goes across which joins where the main seat joints are where bennjamin mention, but from the pick its the lower 1 im after, i cant find them here aswell

Steer^Gimic
31-03-2005, 12:24 AM
ah nice one bennjamin, never thought of using seat belt mounts! i have found someone that can make custom ones.
and panda, show me one 'hot4s' car with those struts