PDA

View Full Version : bc coilover issue/thoughts

philipminge
21-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, been running my BC coilovers on the euro for a few weeks now.
Install was fairly straight forward. All seemed good. The left front shocker has a little bracket on it that you fit the head light tilt thingy to. That was a a little iffy as you have to play a bit to adjust the bracket so it doesn't hit the body of the car. But all went in OK.
I ran the shocks on 8 clicks back from hardest.
( all the way clockwise is hard so 8 clicks anti clockwise) the shocks were firm and the car went like a dream. No funky noises or anything. Can just throw her into a corner and she will hold on for dear life. Gives good road feedback and transitions are handled really well. I ran the front and rear the same setting and it can get loose in the rear if you come in hot under brakes into a corner and trail the brake into the corner.... The back can step out a little. Was awesome fun... Can soften the rear a tad but I like it...

Recently I changed all the shocks to 8 clicks clockwise from soft... So the car was on its soft plush setting. I will say the car rides like almost stock. Spring rates are 10 front 6 rear and its fine. It rides better and smoother than when I has stock shocks with tein springs. Can get that nice ride height with a soft plush ride.
Some say 10 and 6 spring rates were too harsh... They must ride on airbags coz its nice as. No harsh bumps or anything.
No where near as fun to drive but if your doing a long trip... Just make them soft and you are good to go.

1 thing I do not like or just haven't worked out yet is on the soft setting, when go over a speed bump or a hump in the road... The front shocks squeak. Bad. Lol
Only on soft setting.
Is it shocks, or is it bushes or is it Something else. Any thoughts. Only on soft setting.
Any thoughts r welcome
Cheers guys

EKVTIR-T
21-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Thank for feeling check and review

+ rep

curtis265
21-08-2013, 11:35 AM
does it hold on like a dream when you hit a bump?

philipminge
21-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Man I was very surprised... Even on the hard setting if you hit a bump or a dip mid corner... From my short experience with these shocks.... Yes it does...
So far the car has been very predictable and I haven't had any doubt's at all mid corner.
The only thing it doesn't like is when you hit a pot hole... But no shocks do. I hit a nasty hole I didn't see on hard settings and I swear I left my gearbox, control arms and sump on the floor. Sounded horrible. Was scared I damaged something but I checked it all out n was good.

Just this squeaking on soft setting I'm not happy with. Kind of annoying if its the shock. Has anyone else had this issue?