PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs

panda.monium3
27-08-2013, 04:53 PM
what are the oem spark plugs used for honda civic ek1 1998. What would would be the best spark plugs for said model and where can i purchase them. I know this question might have been asked before but ceebs searching through all the previous threads.

EKVTIR-T
27-08-2013, 04:57 PM
NGK from Repco or Bursons

don't bother with anything else

cbauto
03-09-2013, 08:56 PM
NGK from Repco or Bursons

don't bother with anything else
Why not?

sensei_
03-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Denso are pretty good too. on the other hand i would never recommend champion.

muzukashi
04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Never used anything other than NGK they are top stuff, would also steer clear of champion - a simple google search will reveal tons and tons of negative things said about the champion plugs

sensei_
04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
NGK seems more readily available in oz. however in asia i see more denso than ngk

cbauto
04-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Never used anything other than NGK they are top stuff, would also steer clear of champion - a simple google search will reveal tons and tons of negative things said about the champion plugs
Any personal experience?

muzukashi
06-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Used some champions about 5 years back (Only ever time using anything other than NGK and was the last time) on a old daily it was just an A to B car and it was due for some new sparkies, several places didn't have the ngk in stock and i needed the car back on the rd asap i didn't really think twice aslong as it was brand new and it fitted my car then thats fine with me since it was an old car anyway.

Was time to swap over the plugs took em out of the box and they looked great - replaced the plugs and fired her up all was well, fast forward a few weeks later car was feeling very sluggish and made some strange sounds here and there
Checked all the mechanicals and nothing seemed wrong? Checked the sparkplugs and viola - the ceramic piece around the electrode had shattered and broken into small chards and may have caused some damage to the cyl
1 of them was worse off with pieces all over the place another 1 only had a minor piece chipped off though the other 2 were still in mint condition.

Did some research on it and it seems many other people experienced what had happened to me seemed to either be a bad batch or a problem with the build of the plug either way lesson learnt will never use a champion plug again.