PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Diagnostics

Matell
30-03-2005, 09:28 PM
This was first posted by Mr Sparkle (have to love that episode of the Simpsons)
here: http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21333&page=1&pp=25

For those who don't frequent that site I've posted the important bit below.

It works on the Euro, so now I have another gauge to monitor!!!! :D
I'm going to always drive around with my coolant temp displayed...Can never have too much information!.

You can still change the temperature control whilst in diagnostic mode. The only thing to remember that's not stated below is turning the Air-Con off will exit the diagnostic mode, and it can only be entered with power off.

Have fun!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The climate control unit has a diagnostic mode that allows you to view sensor inputs that it receives. To run the sensor input display mode:

1. Turn the ignition switch off.
2. Press and hold both AUTO and DUAL buttons, and start the engine.
3. After the engine starts, release both buttons.
4. The audio-HVAC display will flash a sensor number, then value for the sensor.
5. To adavnce to the next sensor, press the rear window defogger button.
6. To cancel this mode, press AUTO, or turn off ignition.

Sensor numbers, descriptions, and display values as follows:

1. In-car temp (degrees C).
2. Outside temp (C).
3. Solar radiation sensor value (00=dark, 10=cloudy, 65=sunny).
4. Engine coolant temp (C).
5. Evaporator outlet air temp (C).
6. Driver's air mix opening (low=cool, high=warm, %).
7. Passenger's air mix opening (low=cool, high=warm, %).
8. Vehicle speed (km/h).
9. Vent temp air out (C).

baboo
30-03-2005, 10:01 PM
well spotted Matt!!

ain't no needing coolant temp gauge. woohoo!

yfin
30-03-2005, 11:44 PM
oooh very interesting - can't get the vehicle speed one to work properly - it just shows it in groups of 10 - ie at 35kph it shows 3 - then at 49kph - shows 4. Not very precise. Any way of getting an exact number? I love digital speedos.

EuroAccord13
30-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Gonna try this tomorrow heeheeheehee....

ECU-MAN
31-03-2005, 12:31 AM
cool.

nice spotting

learner
31-03-2005, 04:52 AM
i cant wait to try this tmr
thx matell

blueeuro
31-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Excellent work, I was wondering if that sort of thing existed.

VirIIx
31-03-2005, 10:21 AM
wow neat! i'm gonna try it in my car later ^_^

evolution42
31-03-2005, 04:43 PM
anyone notice the post on http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21333&page=1&pp=25 which will make your gauges to do a full sweep test like the lastest generation Subaru Liberty's??

have a look at post #15

im dying to try this, but i'll have to wait until my dad gets home. can anyone meanwhile verify whether this works for the Accord Euro?

yfin
31-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I tried that - couldn't get the sweep to work.

bogan
31-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Woohoo - excellent! Thanks for the info Matell. Got to give it a go. Now all we need is to uncover hidden trip computer readings (sif!). :p

Matell
31-03-2005, 07:27 PM
oooh very interesting - can't get the vehicle speed one to work properly - it just shows it in groups of 10 - ie at 35kph it shows 3 - then at 49kph - shows 4. Not very precise. Any way of getting an exact number? I love digital speedos.

Yes, it's a bit of a shame that the speed is shown in units of 10kmh....so for most owners they'd still be unaware that when doing 100kmh on the speedometer they're actually doing 94-95kmh :)

Digital speed = GPS or Apex'i RSM or in the case of some toy crazed nut (ie me)both! :) All we need now is an oil temp, and pressure gauge :D

evolution42
31-03-2005, 08:32 PM
i got the gauge sweep to work!

posting a vid very soon...

yfin
31-03-2005, 08:52 PM
i got the gauge sweep to work!

posting a vid very soon...

What process did you use - I must be missing something in those instructions.

evolution42
31-03-2005, 08:59 PM
1. hold the trip/reset button (without the key in the ignition)
2. turn the headlights on
3. insert the key and turn it to "on" position
4. turn the headlights off, on , off fairly quickly
5. let go of the trip/reset button, and press it again three times quickly

the gauges will go crazy around the "rest" position, then do the sweep. press the trip/reset button to initiate another sweep... u can do it as many times as you like;)

hehe i must be the first euro owner to do a gauge sweep:) and still on my L's :D

have fun:wave:

EuroAccord13
31-03-2005, 09:07 PM
WOW! New things to press and play in the Euro each and every new DAY!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I shall try the sweep!

P.S The information thingy on the console don't tell you much anyways :P :P :P

REV888
31-03-2005, 09:10 PM
If only there was a code to keep a black euro keepin clean ! :D :D

yfin
31-03-2005, 09:12 PM
How is this!

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/508/620DSC01414.jpg

evolution42
31-03-2005, 09:18 PM
VIDEO OF GAUGE SWEEP HERE:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=4285945661&mode=invite

its the #49th item

click on it, then in the bottom right hand corner of the webpage, there is a link that says "View Image Info". Click that, then you can download it. Its 14.2Mb

enjoy:wave:

heres a pic meanwhile:
http://img74.exs.cx/img74/5562/gauges8to.jpg

REV888
31-03-2005, 09:25 PM
How is this!

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/508/620DSC01414.jpg

OH MY! Well Done you must be running on NOS there yfin :p :D ;)

Pum[Z]
31-03-2005, 10:44 PM
uhehehehehe

Wow good of u to share the info Mattel...

Thats pretty wicked how our cars can do this.. I don't even know if its in the manual that Honda provided with our cars...

ECU-MAN
31-03-2005, 10:47 PM
']uhehehehehe

Wow good of u to share the info Mattel...

Thats pretty wicked how our cars can do this.. I don't even know if its in the manual that Honda provided with our cars...

it wont be.

its a diagnostic utility for the honda techs to test your instrumentation.

Matell
31-03-2005, 11:32 PM
It's really quite fun to do the gauge sweep for a little while....I think the novelty will wear off after a while though. Just a shame we can't have it happen when we turn the igntion to the 'on' position.

stephen8512
01-04-2005, 12:21 AM
that some sick shite

PNR888
01-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks Matell and evolution42 for sharing the infos.

will too much gauge sweeping trick damage the electronic system or any other part in anyway?

PNR888
01-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Evolution42:
I can't get the gauge sweeping thing going. I followed your instructions, but nothing happened.. what's going on?

evolution42
02-04-2005, 04:26 PM
1. make sure you don't insert the key before beginning the procedure
2. make sure you press the little trip-meter reset button/dial , not the cruise control "RES" button
3. try the procedure as quick as you can (especially pressing the trip/reset button). however, try not to turn your headlights off/on off too fast, because it's not too good for the xenons

does it work now?

eurotrash
29-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know what the 'error 2' message means in the trip display when you do the gauge sweeping??

exISeuro
21-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Thread revival.

I can't seem to engage this diagnostic mode anymore.
Does anyone have any ideas ? I follow instructions as listed but still doesnt work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The climate control unit has a diagnostic mode that allows you to view sensor inputs that it receives. To run the sensor input display mode:

2. Press and hold both AUTO and DUAL buttons, and start the engine.
3. After the engine starts, release both buttons.
4. The audio-HVAC display will flash a sensor number, then value for the sensor.
5. To adavnce to the next sensor, press the rear window defogger button.
6. To cancel this mode, press AUTO, or turn off ignition.

Matell
21-04-2006, 07:11 PM
:confused: That's very odd. Unless one of your buttons is stuffed I can't think of what may be wrong.

Every time I get in my car and start the engine by reflex I activate this diagnostic mode.

Wish I could offer more advice

EuroDude
22-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Is it just me or is the hidden diagnostics a bit incorrect.

My trip computer display (MY2006) says 19c but the diagnostics says 20c...

Ferrarista
22-04-2006, 04:03 PM
yay

http://www.supercars.net/gallery/30227/54/161236.jpg

EuroDude
22-04-2006, 04:12 PM
wtf ... Radar dials!

Nice one :D

yfin
22-04-2006, 04:14 PM
"error2" - someone with the workshop cd - what is that?

EuroDude
22-04-2006, 04:47 PM
If the word "Error 2" is indicated, there is a malfunction in the communication line between the gauge control module and the body-controller area network (B-CAN).

BusterSonic12
18-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Nice~!! tried on my 06 euro :P
What does these 2 mean??
5. Evaporator outlet air temp (C).
9. Vent temp air out (C)

aaronx88
18-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi all,

I tried numerous time and it didn't work. Just before you do step 1, do you have to turn it to ON first and then turn it off, follow by step 2.

Thanks.

Aaron

EuroDude
18-06-2006, 11:56 AM
/// From the workshop manual:

--------------------------------------------------
Audio Unit Self-diagnostic Function
How to apply the self-diagnostic functions (without Navigation)

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I) or ON (II).

2. While holding down the up of both ‘‘REW'' and ‘‘DISK+'' buttons simultaneously, press the power switch.

3. The following BUS communication DTC will appear on the sudio unit dispaly.

4. By turning on a switch while the DTC is displayed, the input will trigger the DTC mode that is assigned to that switch.

PLAY/PROG switch
Entire LCD lighting mode: Lighting the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failiure.

NR switch
Entire LCD lights-out mode: Turning off the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.

DISK+switch
Display I2C-BUS communication verification status: TO display the validity verification of the communication among the DISP, EEPROM and TUNER.

5. DTC mode will cancel when the audio main power switch is turned OFF or the ignition switch is turned OFF.

Display Specifications (without Navigation)

No. Verification items Verification results
1 Entire LCD lighting ———
2 Entire LCD lights-outs ———
3 I2C-BUS communication verification status DSP communication OK
4 DSP communication NG
5 EEPROM communication OK
6 EEPROM communication NG
7 TUNER communication OK
8 TUNER communication
--------------------------------------------------

Blitzen
18-05-2007, 12:02 PM
hey man, nice discoveries of the hidden diagnostics

I just copied your instructions and went down to the garage on this cold and wet day to try it out

but a bit dissapointing, thought the displays would be much more graphical than digits and can't stop the menu number flashing...

and... is it my euro or a common, that don't try this hidden diagnostics with a cold engine...

see... by pressing AUTO and DUAL, my air con went cold as... maybe previous setting... and with a engine trying to warm up... no good...

for the next few minutes, some strange engine shake was happening...

hope it dosn't become permanent...

anyway thanks for the tip, pretty cool to see actual temperature figures and talk about aussies radiation figures...

aaronng
18-05-2007, 12:08 PM
and... is it my euro or a common, that don't try this hidden diagnostics with a cold engine...

see... by pressing AUTO and DUAL, my air con went cold as... maybe previous setting... and with a engine trying to warm up... no good...

for the next few minutes, some strange engine shake was happening...

hope it dosn't become permanent...

anyway thanks for the tip, pretty cool to see actual temperature figures and talk about aussies radiation figures...
Just turn your climate control temperature dial to a higher temperature setting or press the A/C button to turn off the compressor.

MiSloVic
08-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Got a question... my CL9 air con is blowing out warm on the driver air, even in the 'LO' setting. pax side is alright, though. activating the built-in diagnostic, and looking at sensor 6 (driver side air mix), it throws out code D2, D1 and sometimes, some Cx and Ax..

does anyone have any idea what those codes mean?

thanks.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Turn off "Dual" mode and check what does option 7 tell you. 6 should show the same as 7 when "Dual" is off.

MiSloVic
08-10-2008, 10:32 AM
turned off dual, 7 reports 01 at 'LO' temperature setting, 6 reports 'D2'
it looks like electrical or data comms problems, the relevant fuses are all fine.

aaronng
08-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Looks like the vent which controls the cold air mix for the driver's side is stuck! Warranty time.

MiSloVic
08-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Looks like the vent which controls the cold air mix for the driver's side is stuck! Warranty time.

thanks aaron. dealer is only avail in 20 days time :(
actually, not really their fault, i insisted on a courtesy car, and the car is avail is in 20 day's time :o

aaronng
08-10-2008, 03:12 PM
20 days? They don't even have a spare jazz to lend you? :(

ShAwNeX
08-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I love it when people find these things out. There a post a while back that was also very similar and I found out that if u hold down the unlock button on your key and hold it it actually opens all the windows.

I'll defintiely be trying this when i get in the car.

:D

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I love it when people find these things out. There a post a while back that was also very similar and I found out that if u hold down the unlock button on your key and hold it it actually opens all the windows.

I'll defintiely be trying this when i get in the car.

:D

and if you get the KP technologies module when you double tap lock they all go up again! :p :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:17 PM
and if you get the KP technologies module when you double tap lock they all go up again! :p :thumbsup:
this asks for .QD (chris) to be the gadget whore to buy the windows module. :p

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 08:19 PM
this asks for .QD (chris) to be the gadget whore to buy the windows module. :p

pretty sure i already got it... lol QD better get it too! lol

seriously, do you follow me around the forum and post on everything i do?

hahahha i love it! :cool:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
yeh i am your b*tch!!!

was thinking about getting it but it's pointless, i am fine with putting the key in and twist to roll windows up.

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
yeh i am your b*tch!!!

was thinking about getting it but it's pointless, i am fine with putting the key in and twist to roll windows up.

lol nah man! think of this:

"you pull up at the shops... music thumping... chics looking at you... you get out looking all swarve and such... walk towards to bottelo... as your walking, your windows magically start going up... the girls get moist..."

true story, happened to me.... :zip:

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
lol nah man! think of this:

"you pull up at the shops... music thumping... chics looking at you... you get out looking all swarve and such... walk towards to bottelo... as your walking, your windows magically start going up... the girls get moist..."

true story, happened to me.... :zip:

justin stay away from the primary schoolZ!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 08:37 PM
justin stay away from the primary schoolZ!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p

hahahhaha its funny because you know my first name.... and what i do on mondays.... :eek:

lol jokes... (although my car is already booked to do three yr12 formals this year already :p)

Crapdaz
08-10-2008, 08:44 PM
hahahhaha its funny because you know my first name.... and what i do on mondays.... :eek:

lol jokes... (although my car is already booked to do three yr12 formals this year already :p)

hahahahahhaaaaaa......

chris41
12-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Just wondering if the same hidden diagnostics instructions work for the CU2,
if not soes anyone know what they are?

richard_k
29-09-2010, 04:31 PM
YAYAYAYA!! i got the sweep test to work on my CL9 :D :D :D :D