PDA

View Full Version : B18C Head rebuild Question

Monetz
28-08-2013, 10:35 PM
hey guys

at the moment i got EG with Stock JDM B18C. i was thinking to upgrade my head first with running on
Skunk2 Pro Valve Springs/TItanium Retainers
Skunk2 alpha Valves
Skunk2 Pro Stage 3 cams
Skunk2 Pro Cam Gear Black
Skunk2 Intake Manifold+ 70mm TB
Skunk2 Fuel Rail with 550cc Injector
J's Racing Header 4-2-1+ Mugen twin loop 2.5 inch
MSD Ignition
Spoon spark plug lead
Hondata S300

Should i rebuild the bottem end or just leave the bottem end stock. So what do you guys recommend?

thank you for all your help! any advice would be appreciated !

raidbaws
29-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Recommend rebuild for safety but look you can do it on standard equipment since you aren't running boost just dont expect it to last forever.

Super-DA9
29-08-2013, 09:00 AM
There's no problem with just building the head. However I strongly recommend that if you are pulling the head off you should get new valve guides and seals too. B series OEM valve guides have a tendency to wear pretty badly with age, especially the exhaust guides.

Try using Supertech or Ferrea guides with OEM valve seals.

ask the shop who is machining/assembling the head to do a 5 angle DC5 spec valve seat cut (valve job) as well.

best to do it all once and not need to pop the head off a second time, you wont regret spending the money where it counts.

ALLMTR996
29-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Those cams are WAY TOO BIG for that setup and forget the MSD junk,factory dizzy and coil setup is fine with good leads,you will need to do alot more research before going ahead with those planned mods.

stndrd
29-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Is your JDM B18C a C2 or C7 equivalant?

INT DIST/TODA
29-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Those cams are WAY TOO BIG for that setup and forget the MSD junk,factory dizzy and coil setup is fine with good leads,you will need to do alot more research before going ahead with those planned mods.

Tell us what you really think 996! lol

Sorry I havnt called either, will do so in the next few days, looking forward to catching up mate.

Monetz
29-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Is your JDM B18C a C2 or C7 equivalant?

JDM B18C with 4.7fd Gbox

Monetz
29-08-2013, 11:27 PM
if u think this setup is to BIG than what the best setup in your mind?

INT DIST/TODA
29-08-2013, 11:33 PM
JDM B18C with 4.7fd Gbox

What Josh is asking is if the engine is from a Type R or VTIR or combo of the 2 engines possibly?

Vvvtec
29-08-2013, 11:41 PM
if u think this setup is to BIG than what the best setup in your mind?

Do more research. Huge cams on stock comp? Don't just go for the 'big' numbers. Bigger isn't always better.

carayan
29-08-2013, 11:46 PM
you wanna run big cams but have a stock bottom end?

priorities..

a good block will compliment a good head for better results

ALLMTR996
30-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Tell us what you really think 996! lol

Sorry I havnt called either, will do so in the next few days, looking forward to catching up mate.

How many times have we seen guys do it wrong and then sell up because they blame the products saying they don't work.
And I'm not holding my breath for a ph call and a meetup for coffee haha

To the OP post up what you really want to do with your car and then people can post up better recommendations for you.

Monetz
30-08-2013, 11:08 AM
How many times have we seen guys do it wrong and then sell up because they blame the products saying they don't work.
And I'm not holding my breath for a ph call and a meetup for coffee haha

To the OP post up what you really want to do with your car and then people can post up better recommendations for you.

thank u try to find some more info.

you wanna run big cams but have a stock bottom end?

priorities..

a good block will compliment a good head for better results

i'm thinking with Skunk2 Pro Stage 2 or 3 with bottom end rebuild but not really sure with a results yet, i'm still doing some research!

Do more research. Huge cams on stock comp? Don't just go for the 'big' numbers. Bigger isn't always better.

yep everyday day doing research but still learning.

What Josh is asking is if the engine is from a Type R or VTIR or combo of the 2 engines possibly?

is from stocks 97 DC2R

ALLMTR996
30-08-2013, 11:20 AM
When it comes to building a combination RESEARCH is your best friend.

DreadAngel
30-08-2013, 09:32 PM

We're still waiting on you to tell us what you're using the car for...

Daveho1
31-08-2013, 06:39 AM
will blow the welds for sure

ALLMTR996
04-09-2013, 01:45 PM
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
We're still waiting on you to tell us what you're using the car for...

ALLMTR996
06-09-2013, 06:43 AM
It seems Monetz has been doing alot of research and he sent a list of parts for his build it looks really good,so I can see a new engine build thread by him soon.

Monetz
06-09-2013, 03:58 PM
It seems Monetz has been doing alot of research and he sent a list of parts for his build it looks really good,so I can see a new engine build thread by him soon.

Finally my research is success hehe ill update the thread when I starting to mod

Big Thank to ALLMTR966 for giving me abit of idea.

dougie_504
09-09-2013, 04:35 PM
So what cam are you going to use?

I'd suggest a stage 1 if it's street-driven.

Nobody will respect you more because you run a stage 3.

Needs to be purpose-built.

Monetz
09-09-2013, 06:26 PM
So what cam are you going to use?

I'd suggest a stage 1 if it's street-driven.

Nobody will respect you more because you run a stage 3.

Needs to be purpose-built.

The plane is change ill rebuild the whole engine polished with new piston and rods connection the head will running skunk2 pro stage 2