PDA

View Full Version : Cu2 - Weight reduction ideas

mjp073
02-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Hey guys,

Some of you may have read this thread on Acurazine: http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610974

If you havent, its well worth the read. The first post was updated constantly so contains all of the relevant info - though if you want specifics you'll have to read through the pages some.

The thread is about how removing a bunch of weight from the TL improves its performance markedly. Simple math, I know, but the length he goes to is nuts. Note that he originally states that he wants to remove weight without the average joe stepping into his car noticing it - so the interior looked the same, he still had the nice leather seats and all that. He does eventually move away from that, but the first half or so of the thread is great for anyone looking to lose some weight without losing any looks or comforts.

The weight of the cu2 euro is one big reason some people were put off it - maybe it doesnt have to be!

iRoik
02-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Take a crap before you drive, that'll help too. Every bit counts right?

mjp073
02-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Exactly! And wear thongs instead of shoes, shave all hair off your body, etc

philip_pc
02-09-2013, 09:41 AM
thats just insane.
i see it as why buy a CU when your gonna remove most of its parts, defeats the whole purpose of buying the car for its appeal.
Buy the lux model which has the exact same engine as the base model but go and remove all the leather seats, deadening, wheels, etc.
I just dont see the point. This guys gone overboard

mjp073
02-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I agree that I'd never do half the stuff he has lol. But some of the earlier stuff he's done, i.e the stuff he could remove WITHOUT affecting the luxury feel of the car, thats the stuff if be interested in doing. At the very least, if you want to change rims, no harm in looking at a lightweight pair (which he lists as one of the most effective weight savers anyway.) And the lightweight crank pulley too, if its available for the cu2, that is the other big rotational weight loss.

Again guys, I sure as hell wouldn't completely gut a luxury car. The list i linked to is basically everything that CAN be done, it's up to the individual to decide what they want to do, if anything.

fillit
02-09-2013, 11:04 AM
I applaud his efforts but he has royally fkd his car.

Fredoops
02-09-2013, 01:23 PM
weight reduction for CU2? simple.

1. sell cu2
2. buy cl9 standard

instand 100kg+ savings lol

curtis265
02-09-2013, 02:21 PM
ideas:

Don't eat before driving
Make sure you go to the toilet before driving too
wear a singlet and underwear only
don't even wear thongs - barefoot is ideal
sugest GF engage in bulimic behaviour

weight reduction for CU2? simple.

1. sell cu2
2. buy cl9 standard

instand 100kg+ savings lol

and a few dollars your way too lol

fillit
02-09-2013, 03:34 PM
ideas:

Don't eat before driving
Make sure you go to the toilet before driving too
sugest GF engage in bulimic behaviour

and a few dollars your way too lol

dump gf = lose more weight

aaronng
02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Tell your passengers to walk.

Fredoops
02-09-2013, 04:45 PM
l

Drive buck neekeed
singles + underwear = unnecessary weight

DreadAngel
02-09-2013, 04:59 PM
You could always just i dunno, drive a lighter car...

curtis265
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Drive buck neekeed
singles + underwear = unnecessary weight

if this is what you practice i don't want to sit on your seat.

ChaosMaster
02-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Needs to replace himself as driver with a man who weigh's half what he does. He can walk it.

I CU2
02-09-2013, 09:31 PM
The engine's pretty heavy...

mjp073
03-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Lol you guys are impossible! That said, i sprayed my coffee at 'suggest girlfriend engage in bulimic behaviour.'

ChaosMaster
03-09-2013, 01:45 PM
There are a fair few things people can do to lower weight of their car. But the lengths that guy goes to isn't normal. If you're doing that much, might as well strip the whole thing and go race car.

For myself though, mods I would consider are IHE, Lighter rims and tires, removal of spare, lighter brakes, lighter seats (electric seats weight a ton) and perhaps lightweight bonnet and boot. All that deadening and insulation removal, he might as well sell up and get an Evo 4.

Fredoops
03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
'suggest girlfriend engage in bulimic behaviour.'

just keep poking somethign down her throat.