PDA

View Full Version : FD1 Mugen RR foglights not turning on

Baygon
04-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Guys i need help with my foggies.

Recently installed my RR foggies on the weekend. Got all my cables/relays/harnesses/fuses in and everything is good. When i turn on the switch, the background switch lights come on but the foggies dont light up at all. Im looking at the fuse box and it looks like foglights have 2 fuse slots, 6 and 20 if i remember correctly. I only got 1 fuse and i've tested it in both fuse slots but it still doesnt work.

Recently looked up a diy and it stated a 20a fuse was needed in slot 6 of the fuse box. The foglight kit came with 15. Went to supercheap to get some but they ran out of 20. Got 25 instead. Placed them in slot 6 and still not working. Driving me F***ing nuts!

Baygon
04-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Help plsssss

lolmclol
05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
multimetre to see if there's any current flowing through to the foglights to start with? ;-s

Baygon
05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
multimetre to see if there's any current flowing through to the foglights to start with? ;-s

Will try that this weekend stu, any other suggestions?

lolmclol
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Check the harness for the foglights behind the bumper, because by the sounds of things you've got the switch and everything right considering the console is responding when you're switching it on, its just not recieving the information on the other end :-<

lolmclol
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
The only other thing could be whether the fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay have blown when you've switched fuses on the kicker panel fuse box :-s