PDA

View Full Version : can somone help me, happy to pay

rnbguy123
08-09-2013, 01:29 AM
hi all,

I have a Honda Euro 2004 model and the actuator on the RHS door has failed, I have the part but don't feel confident I can install it and was hoping to have it working before Monday (so I can goto work).

Without the actuator working the alarm thinks the car is being broken into and sets of the siren.

I know this is short notice but if anyone is available tomorrow to help me pull out the door and install this (Sunday) in Sydney/Parramatta please let me know, I'll check PM and this post regularly.

Moderators: sorry if this belongs in wanted section, I wasn't too sure where to put post.

ozy944
08-09-2013, 12:14 PM
I am assuming you have seen this already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kosYzSwYyEo

sensei_
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
good link. i wonder if the OP has tried to pull off his door cards yet, i know it may look intimidating at first, but once you take it slowly and read thru the steps, you will kick yourself for not trying earlier.

rnbguy123
08-09-2013, 03:30 PM
thanks ive pulled door out and installed new actuator, but ran out of time and had to goto work, so car is all apart.. now I wont be home to fix it in time for work tomorrow :(

sensei_
08-09-2013, 04:46 PM
at least you have made a start. if you have already installed the actuator i dont see the job taking anymore than another hour tops. of course whether you have the hour to spare or not is another story.

rnbguy123
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM
thanks heaps for the replies, I've just ran a quick test and the driver side door lock (previously faulty) now locks.

however central locking locks then immediately unlocks all doors, this might be a job for a pro as it could be mis alignment or actuator sync issues.

ChaosMaster
08-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah, door actuators can be a bitch to do. I've installed a few, but the last one, on a 94 Prelude, wouldn't work. As in it worked fine without the interior door panel on and slightly on, but when on all the way, it wouldn't work. I put blutac on it to check if the panel was pushing against it, but it wasn't even touching. Still haven't figured it out.

ozy944
11-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Check the door limit switch on the frame side (non door side). Those can get rusty springs and stay pushed in/out?