PDA

View Full Version : Idle question

ogen
09-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Hey guys,

I'm a little pedantic about my car so here's the deal. My car has a relatively low idle speed, and it will regularly drop after stepping on throttle, no matter how light or heavy I step on it.
Yesterday my car stalled for the first time of ownership as I was rolling to a stop. I will add that it was the first drive after installing an intake. Car was in neutral and was just applying brakes at a slow speed.

TODAY, it didn't stall, but I feel as though it wants to? This also happened when my car was completely stock. Revs can drop to as low as 600 :/

Any ideas on what it could be?

Muffler collapsing?
ECU?
intake? (It has been installed properly and securely)

Thanks in advance!!

lolmclol
09-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Did you completely disconnect the battery so your ECU would reset after you installed your new intake?

ogen
09-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Yes I did!

VeYzZii
09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
What was the idle like prior to installing the CAI?
If it was still shitty then clean the throttle body and IAC.
If it was good give the map a whack before a cold start, let it learn.

ogen
09-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Hello again! I think the ecu learnt about the new intake. No more fuzzy idle :), but I'll give the IACV a clean over the weekend for good measure :)

JimeeeH
13-09-2013, 01:06 PM
exact problem I use to have it gets worst, I did alot of research but in the end I got rid of the idle issue. What I did reset ecu first cause i had some mods done to exhaust. still had the problem after 2 weeks later but must admit it was a quick fix, it got the idling issue not to stall out but still low idle. Next thing was i realised my map and iac needed the clean etc found on s2ki.com forums gave it a go fixed my stalling/idilng issue since 6 months+ I also would check if your car battery is about to die out.

ogen
13-09-2013, 04:07 PM
^ yup thanks for the info!

Gonna clean the IAC on Sunday, what do I have to do for the map? Can't find it on s2ki...linky? :)

And my battery is good :)