PDA

View Full Version : DC4 Keyless entry install questions

Zackk
10-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi guys, just doing some work for my friend, basically what I need to find out, is how to hijack existing actuator wiring from a stock central locking system and install a keyless entry box to it.

The car already has a Mongoose alarm, immobiliser and keyless installed, however the unit has died, so he wants to replace it with just keyless entry and scrapping the alarm side of things.

So we went out and bought a keyless entry kit with new actuators etc, basically I want to skip installing the new actuators and just put the new unit where the old one was. So far Ive got a rough wiring diagram happening, but I just thought I'd confirm what wires come off a stock actuator and where I should wire them.

I've got the two wiring diagrams but they confuse me a little bit because of the alarm and so many extra and unnecessary wires.

Thanks guys! Hope you can help.

cbauto
11-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Off the top of my head, I don't know.

The best way would be to use a 12volt test light.

where the stock actuator is, point the light in there and look for unlock pulse and lock pulse.

Zackk
11-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Cheers for the input man. Managed to get it all installed today without any issues. Even left the immobiliser in and wired it to a switch, as opposed to running through the control unit like it was. The only issue that I did stumble across is the alarm going off (just used the key to turn it off) but the sensor wires and the alarm are still all in the car, basically the entire alarm systems harness is still there. But if i disconnect power from the alarm, it won't cause any issues or anything right? The harness being there isnt going to cause any issues?